Sign in to follow this  
ScottV

Network Agent 1151 install error

Recently upgraded from 1149 admin kit to 1151 and have a few machines that won't accept the network agent. In the task history it says that the host is unavailable and sits running for over 24 hours.

I've gone to one of these machines to install it manually but it stos at 10% while creating folders and gives me a 1314 error "The specified path Data\ is unavailable" have included a screen shot.

I'll not be touching any of the othe machines until I find out what this is, been using KAV for over a year and not had an error like this.

post-5715-1145965504.jpg

Have you deinstalled the old Agent before and does all machines have the same local Admin-Account ?!

Otherwise you should click in AdminKit on 'Remote-Installation' and double click the Agent and go to Settings Tab and change Server-Name from NAME to IP-Adress of the Server!

If you use XPsp2 on your clients check after disabling the Firewall that the service 'Windows Firewall/Internetconnection Sharing' is disabeld and stopped too!!

It's a 2k machine so it's not the firewall.

All installs are now done by ip address and not DNS name since I had trouble during a domain switchover.

Administrator account has been entered correctly.

I did not unistall the old agent at first (never needed to via remote install before) though I have now.

Remote install won't work. Even when trying to install locally this won't work though. The standard install ends where you have seen it. I really don't want to have to format the machine and reinstall everything. Any other ideas?

Have you tried another account instead of the admin account for remote installation ?!

...and manual installation on client site ?! Does this work ?

No manual install does'nt work. I get the message "Error 1314. The specified path Data\ is unavailable."

Fair point about the repeat entries. I should have looked for that. There was one which has now been deleted. The remote install still does'nt work though.

In the history the reason for failure lists as "Remote installation failed on the host: Installer error: -3 (Required data not found in the Setup.iss file (i.e. unexpected dialog appeared).)" Which I assume would be the message from the manual install as well.

Edited by ScottV

No manual install does'nt work. I get the message "Error 1314. The specified path Data\ is unavailable."

Fair point about the repeat entries. I should have looked for that. There was one which has now been deleted. The remote install still does'nt work though.

In the history the reason for failure lists as "Remote installation failed on the host: Installer error: -3 (Required data not found in the Setup.iss file (i.e. unexpected dialog appeared).)" Which I assume would be the message from the manual install as well.

I am experiencing exactly the same type of error on one workstation.

Have no solution for this yet.

Edited by jaksa

Remote deployment of ver 1152 does'nt work either. Have yet to visit the site to try a manual install, will keep you informed.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.