thewild

False positive : Visual Studio 2009 devenv.exe

Hi all

Using KAV for Windows Workstations 6.0.3.837, latest version and latest virus definitions as of today (13/8/2009)

We did a fresh installation of Visual Studio 2008 with Compact Framework SDK (for development on PDAs).

Whenever we start the PDA emulation in Visual Studio (for debugging), Kaspersky catches a RootShell danger and quarantines the Visual Studio executable !

("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe")

This did not happen on the previous installation (but the workstation was completely reinstalled), and I don't know where the difference is.

For the moment, I am going to add an exception to my group strategy, but this can only be a short term workaround of course.

I don't know what the correct way is to submit false positives ?

Regards

It looks at a false positve.

Add this program to the trusted zone.

I hope that this issue is solved with the next update.

Add this program to the trusted zone.

I have, but I don't like this kind of workarounds.

Send this file as a password protected zip file to newvirus@kaspersky.com with all information.

Send this file as a password protected zip file to newvirus@kaspersky.com with all information.

OK I just did, thanks for helping.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.