mboy

5.0.528 failed installs

This is getting annoying.

New admint kit installed fine, net agent installed fine, now 50% of my workstations failed the 5.0.528 install.

The other 50% were fine.

could you give more in detail about the problem you had when installing? was it antivirus version upgrade or fresh installation? If possible get the screenshot of the error.

for example, on the only two win2k WKS I´ve got the error:

Remote installation failed on the host: Fatal error during installation.

Both WKS has the new Kasperky Agent 5.0.1151, but the remote installation of KAV WKS 5.0.528 fail with this error.

for example, on the only two win2k WKS I´ve got the error:

Remote installation failed on the host: Fatal error during installation.

Both WKS has the new Kasperky Agent 5.0.1151, but the remote installation of KAV WKS 5.0.528 fail with this error.

That is the error and they are all upgrades from 5.0.627.

Logging into the workstation with an account with admin privies seems to fix the problem when I try and redploy to that machine.

Do not have to uninstall, just log in with admin privs and redploy the workstation ( I also did the net agent as wel).

Im upgrading from 5.0.228.

In my opinion, Kaspersky agent was made for us to deploy KAV WKS or Server without all this nightmare of network permission, admin login and etc.

But Im having problems with Win2k and Win98. With WinXP is all ok.

Edited by cariocap

Im upgrading from 5.0.228.

In my opinion, Kaspersky agent was made for us to deploy KAV WKS or Server without all this nightmare of network permission, admin login and etc.

But Im having problems with Win2k and Win98. With WinXP is all ok.

my problem has been on 2k and Xp

As others have observed, Administration Kit 5.0.1151 installs on the server without problem and deploys Network Agent 5.0.1151 to the workstations without problem. However, deployments of KAV WKS 5.0528 fail consistently, either with Fatal Error During Installation or Waiting for Reboot (which a workstation reboot does nothing to resolve).

I'm deploying to Windows XP Professional.

I've attempted an installation over a previous version and a fresh installation (after manual de-installation of the previous version). In both situations, the deployment of the new version fails.

Ken

(Bump)

Has Kaspersy come up with a fix for this probem? I wrote to Kaspersky support directly and received no response.

Ken

I am still getting this error. Have also had a few workstations on which I have manually installed 5.0.528 on which the admin kit cannot or will not see the application as being installed. Is there any resolution of this issue yet?

Scott,

I see on the download page that Admin Kit and KAV for Workstations are still at exactly the same versions that have been causing the problems several of us have been reporting. I have yet to receive a response from Kasperky support to the e-mail I sent them about this problem last month. I suspect that no fix is available.

Like you and others, I have had to uninstall and then reinstall KAV manually on the workstations, since KAV cannot be deployed through Admin Kit. Of course, manual installation on the workstations defeats the major purpose of having network management.

Interestingly, I have had no problem deploying Network Agent and license keys to the workstatins through Admin Kit. It's only the KAV application itself that can't be deployed through Admin Kit.

It's been close to three weeks that we've been experiencing this problem. It's very frustrating that we have yet to receive a single response from Kaspersky, either by e-mail or through a post to this forum.

Ken

Edited by kwg

I have the same problems with deploying KAV 5.0.528.

The latest versions are very buggy (522,52x,527 and 528). Why developers doesn't test before they upload to public server. Support is very slow, bad... :unsure::mellow:

I'm very disappointed with Kaspersky.

Yup, also experiencing problems trying to deploy the 5.0.528 version on some (but not all) machines... Network agent goes on fine but the Antivirus component fails on installation.

Any help for your business users Kaspersky?

Yup, also experiencing problems trying to deploy the 5.0.528 version on some (but not all) machines...    Network agent goes on fine but the Antivirus component fails on installation.

Any help for your business users Kaspersky?

Hello!

Did U try upgrate 5.0.527 to 5.0.528? Is user on local computer a restricted user?

Is this your case?

Regards,

Iztok

Hello!

Did U try upgrate 5.0.527 to 5.0.528? Is user on local computer a restricted user?

Is this your case?

Regards,

Iztok

Only way I was able to get around it was to have the users PC logged in with the Admin account I was using to push the install.

Did U try to upgrate KAV from 5.0.527 to 5.0.528?

Edited by IztokK

All mine were upgraded from 5.0.527.

Hello!

If U try to upgrate from 5.0.527 to 5.0.528 and when computer user is a restricted user there is known installation bug. Under restricted user key ("CRKAVW"="") from RunOnce is not deleted after reboot.

There are to 2 options:

-Log on computer with admin rights (not good option if U have 50 computers) ;-)

- create a reg-file uninstall.reg:

REGEDIT4

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce]

"CRKAVW"=""

create a batch-file:

regedit /s "\\some share\uninstall.reg"

Save these files in some shared folder and in "Remote install" add task, that executes that batch-file.

Run that task for computers, experiencing the problem. After this installation should work well.

Just for the record admin kit ver 1152 and KAV ver 676 have worked flawlessly for me, solved all the silly problems I had gotten from the last set of updates.

Much improved!

admin kit ver 1152 and KAV ver 676 have worked flawlessly for me, solved all the silly problems I had gotten from the last set of updates.

I agree with Scott. I installed Admin Kit 1152 and deployed KAV 676 to all my workstations. Everything went smoothly. Much improved over the previous release!

Ken

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.