lyn53

Kaspersky file corrupted can't defrag disk?

Hi all

I tried to drefag my hard dive today and I get the message pop up "Disk defragmenter cannot continue prescan because there is a corruption on file C:\Documents and settings\All users\Application Data\Kaspesky Lab\AVP9" :unsure:

I updated my Kaspersky to the latest version, but I got this message yesterday too so it's nothing to do with the update.

Any ideas as to how I can fix this?

Welcome. Add the defragmenter processes (defrag.exe) in c:\windows\system32 to the Trusted applications list in Settings > Threats and exclusions > Trusted zone >

Trusted applications with "Do not monitor application activity" and "do not scan opened files" checked. Also add these two: dfrgntfs.exe for NTFS drives and

dfrgfat.exe for FAT. (You should only have to add the second one, but add the first one, too.)

If still no go, disable Self defense, located in Settings > Options, then defrag. Please don't forget to re enable Self defense when done defraging.

Thank you richbuff! I followed your instructions, it worked :bs:

I did not add dfrgntfs.exe for NTFS drives as you suggested I may not need to, and I did not need to disable the self defence as in your last suggestion.

Thanks again, I don't know what I would have done without your help.

lyn

Welcome. Add the defragmenter processes (defrag.exe) in c:\windows\system32 to the Trusted applications list in Settings > Threats and exclusions > Trusted zone >

Trusted applications with "Do not monitor application activity" and "do not scan opened files" checked. Also add these two: dfrgntfs.exe for NTFS drives and

dfrgfat.exe for FAT. (You should only have to add the second one, but add the first one, too.)

If still no go, disable Self defense, located in Settings > Options, then defrag. Please don't forget to re enable Self defense when done defraging.

RichBluff, thanks!

Your instructions worked great for me too. I wonder... why doesn't Kaspersky put these exclusions in as a default?

RichBluff, thanks!

Your instructions worked great for me too. I wonder... why doesn't Kaspersky put these exclusions in as a default?

Hello and welcome

Also

You thought never that exist users where using other applications than to defrag with i.e. Diskeeper??? I use the Auslogics Disk Defrag and there are others that they use other applications to defrag their hard discs.

P.S. Maybe that is the reason that replies to yr question.

But only rich b. can you give a better reply.

Edited by ibok