create_share

KAV EE Eating Resources

Hi!

After installing KAV EE on MS Terminal Server, we are having problem with Server Performance. How can we configure KAV EE so that it does not put too much load on the server machine?

Thanks!

Hello,

please specify, how much system resources KAV FS EE takes? And what is exact version of this product (incl. build number and critical fixes)?

Just recently have started getting some Enterprise Editions installed on our 2008 servers (in VMWare ESXi) and have to agree with Create_Share, the memory usage on EE is very high!

We're running 6.0.2.555 with CriticalFix7(KB2015).

On 2 of our (dual proc) 2008 servers, we've got the 2 x kavfswp.exe worker processes chewing up 140MB of ram each. Then there's the 5 other support processes (kavfs.exe, kavsgt.exe, kavfsscs.exe and klnagent.exe) on top of that that come to around another 41MB. So all combined, we're at about 320MB ram usage for our antivirus software on a server. Our other 2008 server aint quite so bad, only using 95MB per kavfswp.exe giving a total Kaspersky memory usage of around 215MB.

As a comparision, the 3 x AVP.exe processes on a server running the Kaspersky Antivirus 6.0 for Windows File Servers (6.0.3.837) on a 2003 server are using about 6MB each + klnagent.exe which is at around 3MB, so about 21MB total, atleast a tenth of what EE is using.

W..... T..... F...... !

I've not had too much of an issue with memory useage, but my usual problem is CPU. I've had to not do any on-demand scanning during the day, and even moved the update task to once a day on an evening as whenver it runs it seems to hike the CPU up. Not 'too' bad on a standalone server, but when it's on a Virtual Server which shares the CPU with other machines, it can have an impact on other VM's.

I've not had too much of an issue with memory useage, but my usual problem is CPU. I've had to not do any on-demand scanning during the day, and even moved the update task to once a day on an evening as whenver it runs it seems to hike the CPU up. Not 'too' bad on a standalone server, but when it's on a Virtual Server which shares the CPU with other machines, it can have an impact on other VM's.

You can set the EE release to only run a set number of threads in the settings or your policy. Sounds like it just isn't configured.

Just recently have started getting some Enterprise Editions installed on our 2008 servers (in VMWare ESXi) and have to agree with Create_Share, the memory usage on EE is very high!

We're running 6.0.2.555 with CriticalFix7(KB2015).

On 2 of our (dual proc) 2008 servers, we've got the 2 x kavfswp.exe worker processes chewing up 140MB of ram each. Then there's the 5 other support processes (kavfs.exe, kavsgt.exe, kavfsscs.exe and klnagent.exe) on top of that that come to around another 41MB. So all combined, we're at about 320MB ram usage for our antivirus software on a server. Our other 2008 server aint quite so bad, only using 95MB per kavfswp.exe giving a total Kaspersky memory usage of around 215MB.

Currently we have arround 50 Citrix/Terminal Server with al around the same memory usage.

Al these servers are running with CF8, we are having a lot of trouble with citrix servers that hang/freeze.

For testing and finding a answers for the problems I send at least 25 times different information to the

KL HQ Developers and they never said that the 140 Mb was not normal... <_<

Currently we have arround 50 Citrix/Terminal Server with al around the same memory usage.

Al these servers are running with CF8, we are having a lot of trouble with citrix servers that hang/freeze.

For testing and finding a answers for the problems I send at least 25 times different information to the

KL HQ Developers and they never said that the 140 Mb was not normal... <_<

Same here, have a number of 2008 servers, some Citrix all of which are using around 145-150MBytes oer kavfswp.exe process. Seems like its a feature?

Cheers,

Max

www.intellectit.com.au

Edited by intellectit

Memory wouldn't be that much an issue for me, since we have enough, but some of those tasks ee has create heavy load

on the harddisks which makes some applications hang on startup pretty often(Screenshot).

I already set the fastest possible scan settings and it still didn't get much better.

So far deploying our new 2008 Servers to our network isn't really possible, I hope that this can be solved soon. :unsure:

post-179505-1256723101_thumb.jpg

You can set the EE release to only run a set number of threads in the settings or your policy. Sounds like it just isn't configured.

If you mean the settings on the "performance" tab of my EE policy, they are set to "Automatically detect scaleability settings".

I'd have thought that would be the best for the job. What would you recommend settings the 3 number of process options to?

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.