I bought a new two-year license, I logged into My Kaspersky, it had been activated 68 days early.

Hey, everybody, this is my story of the day. I have been a Kaspersky customer for several years and today an unwelcome event has happened. I bought a two-year license for Kaspersky Total Security and took advantage of a discount to be used once the current license expired. I wanted to redownload Kaspersky for my smartphone by using the license already in use, which is also active on the smartphone in the Password menager app. I log into my Kaspersky account and the unpleasant thing happens. The new two-year license had been activated! I haven't had a choice, no options. Login -> new license activated. In my opinion, this isn't quite right. I trust in Kaspersky's understanding and support. I would hate to waste 68 days of my license this way.

I guess things have not changed much. I had a similar experience about a year ago. Bought a new license while the current license was still active. I registered the new license in the KIS application trusting that "You can enter a new activation code. The application will initiate automatic activation with this activation code after the current license expires". About 2 months later I log into My Kaspersky and realized that the new license had been activated all along and since my current license was still valid I was using 2 licenses at the same time on the same hardware! After contacting Kaspersky support, I was offered a new license. A few weeks later I realized that this new license had also been already activated by Kaspersky! I gave up and salvaged whatever time was left on the new license after the original license expired. My lesson learned is that I will keep all new licenses in a vault until needed.:sunglasses: