Ranko

Kaspersky for MS Exchange problem

I have MS Exchange 2000 Server with SP2 installed on Windows 2000 Sever.When I complete installation of Kaspersky AV BO for MS Exchange and start Control Center,there is nothing on the "components" tab .

Which version are you installing? Have you tried uninstall - reinstall? This is a good one... never seen this before.

Yes , I tried uninstall-reinstall, it was the same problem.

It seems that you have a problem with the registry entries of Kaspersky for MS Exchange - could you please send us (forum@kaspersky.com) the following branch of the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/KasperskyLab/Components

I see you have installed three products: "Kaspersky Administration Kit", "Kaspersky Anti-Virus 5.0 for Windows File Servers" and "Kaspersky Anti-Virus 5.0 for Windows File Servers".

But I don't see the installed "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for MS Exchange Server" product. Its registry key is clean!

May be you are working on cluster?

But I have finnished installation of Kaspersky AV for MS Exchange.During instalation , no problem occur.

The problem occures when i try to connect to the MS Exchange server through Kaspersky Snap-in console-It is trying to enable the protection, but the enabling is taking much time without no results.

The problem occures when i try to connect to the MS Exchange server through Kaspersky Snap-in console-It is trying to enable the protection, but the enabling is taking much time without no results.

I think you didn't install the Kaspersky AV for MS Exchange (I will call it as KAVE, ok?).

Try to find KAVE setup.exe file in the CD and install it.

I think you didn't install the Kaspersky AV for MS Exchange (I will call it as KAVE, ok?).

But i did install the KAVE.I can see it in ADD/REMOVE programs window.(Could it be something with MS Exchange instead of with KAVE?)

But i did install the KAVE.I can see it in ADD/REMOVE programs window.(Could it be something with MS Exchange instead of with KAVE?)

I know what I say. You have not installed KAVE. Because your registry don't include KAVE keys which must be written by install process.

I know what I say. You have not installed KAVE. Because your registry don't include KAVE keys which must be written by install process.

OK,but what can I do to ensure that the KAVE is installed correctly?

Is there some utillity that helps installing applications,in this case KAV for MS Exchange?

OK,

i have your e-mail in my inbox :) i will try to think of something,

and will call you back :)

Short and simple. MS Exchange is a waste of time and money. Just trying to set it up requires a rocket scientist.

I highly recommend that you just give up on Exchange and go for something better. I've been using this for a bit and its beautiful.

http://www.officepax.com

Yes, Irecommend you to install new 5.5 version

Hi,

yea we are working to solve this problem,

i will post the soluton here,so you will be able to

see :)

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.