I cannot open google.com [Solved][Closed]

anakasik
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hi, I installed KSK on my macbook pro (macOS high sierra version 10.13.6). I created an account for my child and wanted to download google chrome and firefox since it only has safari) on my kid's account. I was able to download firefox, but when I tried to go to google.com, it doesn't allow me to do so and give me the following error... Search query: Did Not Connect: Potential Security Issue Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to www.google.com because this website requires a secure connection. What can you do about it? www.google.com has a security policy called HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS), which means that Firefox can only connect to it securely. You can’t add an exception to visit this site. The issue is most likely with the website, and there is nothing you can do to resolve it. If you are on a corporate network or using anti-virus software, you can reach out to the support teams for assistance. You can also notify the website’s administrator about the problem. Learn more… However, I was able to open google.com on the same computer but on my account. Is this because of kaspersky safe for kids program? What am I supposed to do so I can install firefox and google chrome on her account (we share laptop). Thanks!

Hi Anakasik, Welcome!
  1. Please advise KSK version, build?
  2. Please advise both devices: operating system, version, build?
  3. Do both devices ( hardware/software) : conform with Kaspersky published requirements: https://help.kaspersky.com/KSK/Mac1.0MR4/en.lproj/index.htm#ksk97449.htm
  1. May I clarify please (we share laptop), does that mean, KSK PARENT account AND KSK CHILD account are active on the same device?
Please let us know? Thanks! Ref: https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/7550274?hl=en

hello, here are my answers...
  1. Please advise KSK version, build? Kapersky safe kids free and then i clicked the 7 day trial in my account. I just downloaded it this morning. Both KSK and firefox are currently unistalled.
  2. Please advise both devices: operating system, version, build? KSK PARENT account AND KSK CHILD account are active on the same device? Yes, one laptop for both KSK parent & child. When I first downloaded the software & created an account, it asked me: is this computer used by both parent and child. Then I clicked Yes. It then created another user account with standard privilege (instead of admin), and I assigned this new account for my child.
  3. Do both devices ( hardware/software) : conform with Kaspersky published requirements: https://help.kaspersky.com/KSK/Mac1.0MR4/en.lproj/index.htm#ksk97449.htm
Yes, I checked the requirements before installing. My macbook pro is macOS high sierra version 10.13.6). Also, on the firefox that I installed (the newest version since I just downloaded it straight from firefox website), I'm unable to open any websites (when I first posted I thought it was unable to open google.com). However, I tried youtube.com, yahoo.com, ertc and it gave me the dsame error message as i posted in my original post. thank you :)

Hi Anakasik, Thank you for the info. I'm testing KSK setup so please wait for my reply.
  1. Please do not reinstall KSK & or Firefox at this stage.
  2. In the meantime, can you please select "Learn more" from the error you've posted and post back all available extended info from that error please?
  3. Do you have Chrome installed? If you do, can you please:
  1. Uninstall Chrome.
  2. Reboot.
  3. Download a fresh copy of Chrome.
  4. Install using Admin privileges.
  5. Reboot.
Let us know if the " Did Not Connect: Potential Security Issue " error repeats please? Thanks so much!

Hello Flood,
  1. Please do not reinstall KSK & or Firefox at this stage. --> do you mean in the the child's account or in my macbook account? Right now, the child's account on the macbook is gone. I deleted it after I uninstalled KSK from my macbook account (parent account).
However, I have firefox (and am currently using it) from my macbook account from the same laptop. Do you want me to uninstall that one? If i do that, I can still use safari to read this forum.
  1. In the meantime, can you please select "Learn more" from the error you've posted and post back all available extended info from that error please? --> i cannot. It only happened in my child's account that I deleted after I uninstalled KSK from the laptop. To clarify, right now, I do not have KSK installed in admin (parent) account of the laptop. I deleted the child's account in the laptop too.
  1. Do you have Chrome installed? If you do, can you please:
  1. Uninstall Chrome.
  2. Reboot.
  3. Download a fresh copy of Chrome.
  4. Install using Admin privileges.
  5. Reboot.
Let us know if the " Did Not Connect: Potential Security Issue " error repeats please? --> Do you mean if i have chrome installed in my child's account or mine? I don't have chrome installed in my macbook account and the one in my kid's account is deleted already since I deleted that child's account. Thank u!

Hi Anakasik, That took longer than expected, my apologies for keeping you waiting:disappointed_relieved: -------------------------- I'd like to start by just having a general converstion to understand how you and the child anticipate "sharing" a single device with KSK active... If the child has the device, needs access to x, sends a "request for permission" and if you are 10 k away, with no device, how will the child continue to easily use the features they need? If you and the child are in the same location, a "request for permission" is sent, the only way you'll know apart from the child physically telling you:"MUM! HELP! Answer the alert! PLEASE?" ), is if you're logged into your MyKaspersky account and or email, if there's only one device both of you cannot be on that device at the same time.... Do you see KSK working seamlessly for you and the child and one device? -------------------------- Ok, now for the technical side of the issue: Checkpoint:
  1. Child Mac account has been deleted.
  2. KSK has been uninstalled for both Parent and Child.
  3. In your account Firefox is installed and is working
Steps:
  1. (In your Mac account) please install Google Chrome using ADMIN permissions, please make sure it runs without any errors.
  2. REBOOT.
  3. Please create a Mac account for the child.
  4. Please sign into the Mac Child Account.
  5. Please make sure Firefox is working when the Mac Child Account is being used?
  6. Please make sure Google Chrome is working when the Mac Child Account is being used?
  7. At this point you will have establised if both Firefox and Google work in the Mac Child's Account, without error, before KSK is introduced to the MAC.
  8. IF FIREFOX & or GOOGLE CHROME produce errors in the MAC Child Account before KSK is introducted then (it's not due to KSK) & we have to sort out how to help resolve.... Which we'll certainly help with if it gets to that stage:slight_smile:
  9. IF either FIREFOX & or Google produce errors when the CHILD's account is signed into, please capture the FULL error detail, any urls, all text and screen prints are very helpful as well please?
Please do not reinstall KSK for either parent or child at this stage. Please have a read, do the steps and let me know the outcome? Many thanks!

Hi thank you Flood. That was my original plan. I wanted that laptop to be used by her only. However when I was installing ksk, it asked me something like you cannot create with admin status or something like that. how do I install ksk without disrupting the admin status? Sorry I’m clueless. I wanted to see the history of what my child was doing online without her able to uninstall it or messing with the admin privileges.

Hello Anakasik, I don't want you to install KSK until we have the MAC setup properly and Firefox, Google Chrome running without errors. What I need you to do is:
  1. (In your Mac account) please install Google Chrome using ADMIN permissions, please make sure it runs without any errors.
  2. REBOOT.
  3. Please create a Mac account for the child. Not a KSK account.
This documentation will guide you to set up an account for a child - you create the account using your Admin privledges, but you do not grant "Admin" permissions for the childs account. https://support.apple.com/kb/ph25796?locale=en_US Add a user: Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Users & Groups. Click the lock icon to unlock it, then enter an administrator name and password. Click the Add button below the list of users. Click the New Account pop-up menu, then choose a type of user: select "Managed with Parental Controls" Enter a full name for the new user. An account name is generated automatically. To use a different account name, enter it now—you can’t change it later. Enter a password for the user, then enter it again to verify. Enter a password hint to help the user remember their password. Click Create User. This will be your child's account. ----------------------------------
  1. When the child has an account on the MAC:
  1. Please sign into the Mac Child Account.
  2. Please make sure Firefox is working when the Mac Child Account is being used, with no errors?
  3. Please make sure Google Chrome is working when the Mac Child Account is being used, with no errors?
Please let me know when you get to this stage?
  1. Also, Is there any security software installed and in use on the Mac?
&
  1. Please go to Firefox, enter about:addons in the url field, screen print "extensions" & plugins pages and post back please?
& if you get stuck or confused, post back, we're here and happy to help:grinning:! -------------------------------------- Rest assured, we will get to: "install ksk without disrupting the admin status, so you can see the history of what your child is doing online without her able to uninstall it or messing with the admin privileges. Many thanks!

hi Flood, here are the screenshots from parent account. --> DONE. What I need you to do is:
  2. REBOOT.
  3. Please create a Mac account for the child. Not a KSK account.
This documentation will guide you to set up an account for a child - you create the account using your Admin privledges, but you do not grant "Admin" permissions for the childs account. https://support.apple.com/kb/ph25796?locale=en_US Add a user: Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Users & Groups. Click the lock icon to unlock it, then enter an administrator name and password. Click the Add button below the list of users. Click the New Account pop-up menu, then choose a type of user: select "Managed with Parental Controls" Enter a full name for the new user. An account name is generated automatically. To use a different account name, enter it now—you can’t change it later. Enter a password for the user, then enter it again to verify. Enter a password hint to help the user remember their password. Click Create User. This will be your child's account. ---------------------------------- --> DONE
  1. When the child has an account on the MAC:
  1. Please sign into the Mac Child Account.
  2. Please make sure Firefox is working when the Mac Child Account is being used, with no errors? I was able to go to google.com and browse from there .
  3. Please make sure Google Chrome is working when the Mac Child Account is being used, with no errors? I was able to go to google.com and browse from there .
i dont think we have security software.. how do i check? thank u.

Hello Anakasik, Thak you, you've done really well!:clap_tone1:
  1. Now your child has her own (Mac) account on the MAC.
  2. Firefox & Goole both run in her account.
  3. Browsing works using both browsers without errors.
  4. You've established KSK is not causing the original error.
  5. The original error has not recurred.
------------------------ Re: security software.. how do i check? Open System Information:
  1. Hold down the Option key and choose Apple menu () > System Information.
  2. System Information opens to a system report for your Mac:
  3. Save a copy of your system report, choose File > Save.
(System information guide) https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT203001
  1. When you have the saved file, please upload it to cloud storage of your choice and post back the link please?
------------------------ As soon as I've checked (for security software) I'll step you thru KSK. Most probably there is no SS, however, so we have a complete picture lets check, that way, you'll know in the furture, exactly what is installed in your MAC at this date/time. This also a good benchmark, as it preceeds your child using the MAC. Thanks again!

Hello Anakasik, Thanks for that.
  1. Please sign out of your childs account and sign into your Mac account.
  2. Download KSK
  3. https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/thank-you/safe-kids-mac
  4. Run the KSK setup as Administrator./with Adminstrator privileges.
This documentation will step you thru installing KSK https://support.kaspersky.com/12271#block1
  1. Once KSK Parent is installed, including signing into your MyKaspersky account, please proceed with setting up KSK for your child.
  2. Please NOTE the FileVault instruction, if it applies please ensure it's done.
This documentation will step you thru setting up the KSK child account: https://support.kaspersky.com/12271#block2 -------------------------------- Please post if you run into any trouble and or if you complete a successful installation of KSK for your child? Best regards and thanks! -------------------------------- KSK - help doc: https://support.kaspersky.com/12266 System requirements: https://support.kaspersky.com/14748, which you've previously confirmed your Mac complies with.

Flood, I read the filevault from apple.com. However, I don't see my child's account on it (or any other account). This is what I see when I click on filevault on my macbook. Did I not set the child account correctly then?

hi Flood, is this successful? because i logged in to my kid's mac account n was able to use chrome n firefox. however my searches were not recorded in the internet history when i logged in to my kaspersky..and how come it said june 30? that was the day i first intalled it,.. thanks. Mod's note: Screenshots are deleted by topicstarter's request.

Hello Anakasik, I'm glad you got KSK (child account) installed & operational. & I'm glad using KSK, Child account, Google & Firefox are functioning without the original error. Thank you for letting me know. --------------------------------- Re: 1). "searches were not recorded in my kaspersky. internet history" & 2) "how come it said june 30? that was the day i first installed it" Two new questions issues, let's see if we can help... 1) Internet - Detailed reports are available with the Premium version, --------------------------------- 2) Date issue: Please go to: MyKaspersky KSK, Summary, select 7 days, export the report to a file and upload the text file using the upload icon available here in your post. --------------------------------- In the meantime, I'm testing some of the functionality using my childs account - it will be most helpful to see if there's a discrepancy between our results? That will help define the solution. Thanks!

Thanks for the help, Flood. I registered for the free account and then clicked 7 day trial since I wanted to see the internet history report whether it’s working it or if it’s what i am looking for. Prior to the reinstallation, the internet history was only able to show the searches n websites from safari browser and not chrome (at that time firefox had that error messages when i opened any website). I will do #2 asap. Thanks!

• Solution
Hello Anakasik, Thank you. Recreating your circumstance, KSK FREE, in trial period. I'll post back as soon as I can. ---------------------------- AND, please read PM:slight_smile: & while you're patiently waiting please read: https://help.kaspersky.com/KPC/1.0/en-US/95389.htm - KPC = Kaspersky Parental Control, however, Kaspersky is decommisioning KPC, replacing it with KSK :zipper_mouth: & this doco references KSK. And, https://help.kaspersky.com/KPC/1.0/en-US/95264.htm, there's a bunch of extra links - please review. & please read, https://www.kaspersky.com.au/blog/smarter-safe-kids/22818/ - recent changes to KSK. ----------------------------- & On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Parental Controls - make sure Parental Controls is set OFF. ------------------------- &, please advise: Is the name of the KSK child account account the same as the name of the child MAC account, please let us know: Yes or No? Thanks!

DONE & On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Parental Controls - make sure Parental Controls is set OFF. ------------------------- &, please advise: Is the name of the KSK child account account the same as the name of the child MAC account, please let us know: Yes or No? YES.

Hi Flood After i set parental control off...
  1. i logged in to my kid's mac account and i tried to open any website from firefox but it gave me that original error message again..
  2. i did searches from safari from my kids mac account and those are recorded in my kid's kaspersky internet history.
  3. i did another searches in chrome but those were not recorded in the kaspersky's internet history.
al of them were using google.com...