Hello all

Home user here. And not too Kaspersky saavy.

Using Windows XP and Kaspersky 7.0.0.125. (purchased Retail store) a while ago.

I checked the discussion archives on this, and just want to double-check my understanding here If I might.

- Got a pop-up telling me the license key will be expiring in 13 days.

Question: I do not want to upgrade to 9, but keep 7.00.125.

When I go to renew the key - am I going to be renewing just the license key and not upgrading to version 9?

Thank you.

Hello all

Home user here. And not too Kaspersky saavy.

Using Windows XP and Kaspersky 7.0.0.125. (purchased Retail store) a while ago.

I checked the discussion archives on this, and just want to double-check my understanding here If I might.

- Got a pop-up telling me the license key will be expiring in 13 days.

Question: I do not want to upgrade to 9, but keep 7.00.125.

When I go to renew the key - am I going to be renewing just the license key and not upgrading to version 9?

Thank you.

Yes, you buy only the new key, which can be used for version kis 7, kis 8, kis 9 .

...............the code will work on 7.0.0.125, but at the very least you should upgrade to 7.0.1.325.

...............the code will work on 7.0.0.125, but at the very least you should upgrade to 7.0.1.325.

Thank you to the quick replies!

I guess hesitant about upgrading, even to 7.0.1.325 because what I have is working for me.

And don't want to deal with a newer version and figuring it out.

If I did upgrade to a newer version - do my current settings stay the same?

I don't do well with tinkering and changing stuff.

Yes, simply reboot it after downloading 7.0.1.325 here, then when settled you exit Kaspersky from the icon beside the clock and next execute the 7.0.1.325 installer.

When the install is finished you reboot again and that should be it, i would advice doing a full scan after that. Both 2009 and the soon coming version 2010 will require a fresh start with previous versions completely removed for the best result. :)

Hello again, quick question -

I've finally purchased a new Key - got the email with license key number -- And I'm ready to intall new key.

(I do not want to upgrade the version just now - so only renewing license key)

When I click on Install Key button

I get choices of :

Activate using the activation code

Activate using trial version

Apply existing license key

Activate later

I'm a bit confused - do I choose the first option or the option -- apply existing license key. It's unclear to me what to do. Since I want to keep the version I'm using I don't want to download new version 9 right now. So what choice do I choose at this screen. I understand that the key will work for all versions, just unsure what choice to pick here on that screen.

Thanks.

Edited by Arrow5

You can use the Activate using the activation code option.

But do it only when your Kaspersky shows 14 days remaining.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.