thenintendofreak

Kaspersky 5.0.225 Scan

My company has recently bought a licence for the admin kit and clients, and everytime it runs a scan 2 things happen, it detects the stuff that i put as allowed as viruses and two, it slows down my computer ALOT. please help. I am running a pentium 4/3Ghz computer with about a gig of ram, my question is there a way to throttle the cpu useage of kaspersky so when my user's computers run a scan or when kaspersky runs a scan automaticly it wont affect their work?

My company has recently bought a licence for the admin kit and clients, and everytime it runs a scan 2 things happen, it detects the stuff that i put as allowed as viruses and two, it slows down my computer ALOT. please help. I am running a pentium 4/3Ghz computer with about a gig of ram, my question is there a way to throttle the cpu useage of kaspersky so when my user's computers run a scan or when kaspersky runs a scan automaticly it wont affect their work?

As far I know there is no way to limit the CPU usage during an on-demand scan, but you have a couple of options.

You could either reduce the files scanned during an on-demand scan or even not bother. This may seem like madness but I'm not so sure. If you have on-access scanning running all the time I have never really been convinced that an on-demand scan, using the SAME engine and database, is going to find anything new??? That said, I still do it once a week!!!

If this is not acceptable, try scheduling the task to run at a time when the machine is less busy. We do this and it seems to work. The machines can always be shutdown after the scan using something like Sysinternals PSSHUTDOWN.

Mike

Hello!

Downlod latest version of KAV 5.0.527. There is option for this:

Pause anti-virus scan when the system load exceeds – pause the on-demand anti-virus scan if the file system load is above the specified level. Once the file system load decreases to the allowable level, the scan will be resumed. Using a slider or the entry field to the right of the setting specify the allowable file load level (in percents) above which scheduled scans cannot be started.

post-149-1143822519.png

I would also suggest that if using MS Outlook, that in the same area as the processor load you exclude mail from the on-demand scan task.

MM

I would also suggest that if using MS Outlook, that in the same area as the processor load you exclude mail from the on-demand scan task.

Mike, could you explain why?

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.