1966Ford

Network agent not loading

I client of mine recently upgraded one of ther Windows 98 systems by doing a fresh install of Windows XP.

I just tried to install Kaspersky AV Business Optimal for them. The AV installed just fine, and the network agent seemed to install fine too, but it never starts. I didn't get any errors or anything, but it's not running. The first time I installed it, I was logged with a user account, but I installed KAV and the network agent by using the "run as" option and using the Administrator account. I rebooted and tried to install the network agent again. Same thing- it seemed to install fine, but never runs.

This is a fresh install of Windows XP Pro with SP2 and all updates installed, there has not been any other AV or firewall software installed on it. The only software installed is Office 2003 Pro and 1 proprietary custom application.

Any suggestions?

Hi 1966Ford,

please tell us which version you are using.

Under which account does the service running?

Helmut

No matter what account I set the service to run under, it won't load. It was originally set to log on using the local system account. I have tried the domain administrator account as well.

If I try to manually start the process, it appears to start and run for 1 second then closes again.

No matter what account I set the service to run under, it won't load. It was originally set to log on using the local system account. I have tried the domain administrator account as well.

If I try to manually start the process, it appears to start and run for 1 second then closes again.

Download new Admin kit 5.0.1150 and KAV 5.0.527, maybe this will help U.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.