IztokK

Admint Kit 5.0.1150

Hello!

New kit same problems. I can't install KAV 5.0527.

I'm very angry. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Kaspersky Anti-Virus 5.0 for Windows Workstations (5.0.527): Copying files to the destination host... (\\STUDENT0\admin$)

Kaspersky Anti-Virus 5.0 for Windows Workstations (5.0.527): Arranging installation service...

Kaspersky Anti-Virus 5.0 for Windows Workstations (5.0.527): Installation service started on host, now waiting for results...

Reboot computer, there is still old version 5.0.522. I think that I will change my AV.

Hi IztokK,

the Kit works perfect for me - have you tried to deinstall the old vesion before or are you going to over install with 527 ?!

Also try this: create installation task for 527 and un-check the point of 'do not install if app is already installed' and set the sheduler to immediately.

Let me know :)

Hi IztokK,

the Kit works perfect for me - have you tried to deinstall the old vesion before or are you going to over install with 527 ?!

Also try this: create installation task for 527 and un-check the point of 'do not install if app is already installed' and set the sheduler to immediately.

Let me know :)

Hello!

I tried to deintall but nothing happed.

Yes, but without success.

...mmmhhhh i think you tried also diffrent accounts for deinstallation already e.g. local Admin account etc....

On how many Clients do you have that problem or can you use the Kaspersky Removal Tool and the Microsoft MSICUU2 ?!

Kasp_Reg_Remove.zip

Are you reporting ALL events and you can see here a lil more ?? What about your Eventlog of that machine - any error or hints under system, apps or kaspersky ?

...mmmhhhh i think you tried also diffrent accounts for deinstallation already e.g. local Admin account etc....      

On how many Clients do you have that problem or can you use the Kaspersky Removal Tool and the Microsoft MSICUU2 ?!

Kasp_Reg_Remove.zip

Are you reporting ALL events and you can see here a lil more ?? What about your Eventlog of that machine - any error or hints under system, apps or kaspersky ?

Hello!

I found nothing in my logs.

1.Uninstall KAK 5.0.1150(49).

2.Uninstall KAV on all workstations (local unistall)

3.Install KAK 5.0.1150(49).

4.Try to install KAV 5.0.527, but it did't work. (Remote installation failed on the host: Fatal error during installation. )

5.Install KAV 5.0.225 and works just fine.

Licensed expired june2006. if Kaspersky don't fix this I will change AV (25 licensed). :angry: :angry:

Hi IztokK.

Have you try to remove the AV by ticking "Remove application"?

Sometimes I got problem while removing the AV using Kleaner, so I use that steps to remove the AV then reboot the workstation. After that install the latest version.

1. Create Installation task for 527

2. Key in password protection (if you got any)

3. Tick remove application and click apply

4. Start the task

After rebooting the workstation, the AV wont be there anymore. Install the 527 AV. Make sure you using the right username and password to deploy.

lolipok

Hi IztokK.

Have you try to remove the AV by ticking "Remove application"?

Sometimes I got problem while removing the AV using Kleaner, so I use that steps to remove the AV then reboot the workstation. After that install the latest version.

1. Create Installation task for 527

2. Key in password protection (if you got any)

3. Tick remove application and click apply

4. Start the task

After rebooting the workstation, the AV wont be there anymore. Install the 527 AV. Make sure you using the right username and password to deploy.

lolipok

Yes i try this but it didn't work. I try to install KAV 5.0.527 clean installation and upgrate KAV 5.0225(8), but it didn't work.

Hello!

I found solution for my problem:

Remote installation failed on the host: Fatal error during installation. This error was because:

'Previous installation was not completed. For Successful instalation you must restar your computer' I restart copmputer but nothing happend. Still this error.

Solution:

Delete directory on all local computer: c:\windows\temp\KAV Remote Installations.

U must be log on as Administrator not as domain user.

Then U can install new KAV without any problems.

Thats great to hear that you got everything working fine. But I cannot go to every workstation and manually uninstall Kaspersky as well as the network agent (600 licenses). I can do that with my admin kit, but to go to 600 workstations is out of the question. What do you suggest I do about upgrading without problems from .228 to .527? I am having a number of issues on my network, everything from definitions not updating according to schedule, to "unhanded exception" errors, as well as the typical performance issues. This release looked promising, and I plan on testing it on a small network of 20 pcs before I blow out the package to the floor, but are there any known issues of upgrading (unchecking the "do not install if product is already installed on machine" box)?

Thats great to hear that you got everything working fine. But I cannot go to every workstation and manually uninstall Kaspersky as well as the network agent (600 licenses). I can do that with my admin kit, but to go to 600 workstations is out of the question. What do you suggest I do about upgrading without problems from .228 to .527? I am having a number of issues on my network, everything from definitions not updating according to schedule, to "unhanded exception" errors, as well as the typical performance issues. This release looked promising, and I plan on testing it on a small network of 20 pcs before I blow out the package to the floor, but are there any known issues of upgrading (unchecking the "do not install if product is already installed on machine" box)?

Hello!

Did U try to install KAV 5.0.527 (5.0.522) with old Admin Kit 5.0.1149? If not, than U can upgrate without any problems.

This solution is only if u try to install with 5.0.522(7) with AdminKit 1149.

Solution:

Delete directory on all local computer: c:\windows\temp\KAV Remote Installations.

U must be log on as Administrator not as domain user.

1. Install (upgrate) Admin Kit 5.0.1150

2. Install Network Agent 5.0.1150 on all workstations

3. Install KAV 5.0.527.

1. Install (upgrate) Admin Kit 5.0.1150

2. Install Network Agent 5.0.1150 on all workstations

3. Install KAV 5.0.527.

Hi

I have the same problem (400 Workstations).

It seems that the deployment of Kav 5.0.527 just doesn't work, even after installing Admin kit 5.0.1150 and deploying the Network Agent 5.0.1150 on all workstations.

(for some strange reason it work on 3 workstations).

The KAV 5.0.527 itself seems far of being a success.

It's heavy, slow, takes much longer time to scan, and a process call "Kavsvc.exe" seems to takes quite a lot of CPU resources.

Every new version - Kaspersky said is much lighter on the computer.

Well, from my test - it's not!!!

Try it before install it on all of your workstations!!!

Hi

I have the same problem (400 Workstations).

It seems that the deployment of Kav 5.0.527 just doesn't work, even after installing Admin kit 5.0.1150 and deploying the Network Agent 5.0.1150 on all workstations.

(for some strange reason it work on 3 workstations).

The KAV 5.0.527 itself seems far of being a success.

It's heavy, slow, takes much longer time to scan, and a process call "Kavsvc.exe" seems to takes quite a lot of CPU resources.

Every new version - Kaspersky said is much lighter on the computer.

Well, from my test -  it's not!!!

Try it before install it on all of your workstations!!!

Try this:

Solution:

Delete directory on all local computer: c:\windows\temp\KAV Remote Installations. (set startup script in GP)

Try this:

Solution:

Delete directory on all local computer: c:\windows\temp\KAV Remote Installations. (set startup script in GP)

Impossible.

I have 400 random workstations (Not in a domain format).

I can't go around and take care of each one of them.

the only control I have is thru the Kav Agent....

thanks anyway...

Impossible.

I have 400 random workstations (Not in a domain format).

I can't go around and take care of each one of them.

the only control I have is thru the Kav Agent....

thanks anyway...

Try this:

1. Create new remote installation

2. Choose: Make installation package for specified executable file

3. Create BAT file and delete this directoy.

Try this:

1. Create new remote installation

2. Choose: Make installation package for specified executable file

3. Create BAT file and delete this directoy.

I have tried first manually deleting the "c:\windows\temp\KAV Remote Installations" and reinstall the kav5.0.527_winwksen.

No effect. one big 0

By the way, have you run it on some workstations?

I have tried first manually deleting the "c:\windows\temp\KAV Remote Installations"  and reinstall the kav5.0.527_winwksen.

No effect. one big 0

By the way, have you run it on some workstations?

Pots error. Did U have admin rights on computers?

I test this on 11 computer, without any problems.

Pots error. Did U have admin rights on computers?

I test this on 11 computer, without any problems.

The workstations spread in privet homes (no domain) , so the answer is no,

But I didn't have any problem deploying before, so the reason could be the new admin kit or the new kav work station.

The workstations spread in privet homes (no domain) , so the answer is no,

But I didn't have any problem deploying before, so the reason could be the new admin kit or the new kav work station.

Post error!!!

Post error!!!

Hi.

No error what so ever.

On the "event properties" I am getting :" Starting network agents task on the destination host to download the package..." and that's all.

No problem on deploying kav5.0.225.

Tried to prepare the installation package again - didn't help.

Hi.

No error what so ever.

On the "event properties" I am getting :" Starting network agents task on the destination host to download the package..." and that's all.

No problem on deploying kav5.0.225.

Tried to prepare the installation package again - didn't help.

Try this:

How to enable installation trace files

Send this log file to KL support.

Try this:

How to enable installation trace files

Send this log file to KL support.

Hi Iztokk

It seems that the article you mention is about local installation, or running the exe file from the client side.

In these cases I don't have any problem and the installation process goes as expected.

The only problem I have is thru deployment, and only version 527.

It's like the admin kit totally ignore the deployment command.

very strange...

Edited by Goldy

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.