KPM iOS app does not sync database anymore.

Leeham
Go to solution Solved by Berny,

Hi, I am using the latest version of KPM on my iOS 14 iPhone 8 Plus. KPM has been working fine for a very long time, however recently I noticed that my KPM on my phone fails to sync up, in the sync menu it just hangs there saying that it is still syncing. 

When I delete the app and re install it, the first initial sync (database download) is up to date, but from then on nothing is in sync.

I have checked my crash logs and there are no signs of anything wrong.

My iPhone is jailbroken with Uncover 6.2.0 however this is not the cause of the issue.

Thanks

Version being synced with on my Windows 10 PC is the latest version: 9.0.2.17031

Version not in sync on my iOS device: 9.2.55.27

It seems to be working ‘for now’ since I enabled the allow KPM to access devices on my local network. Why would the KPM app need access to devices on my local network? Seems odd.

Hello @Leeham

Thank you for the information!

1. On the Windows device, is KPM Data sync enabled? 
  2. Which software was changed to “allow KPM to access devices on the local network”?
  3. When the sync issues have been happening did you also, on Windows:
  • Back up KPM?
  • Uninstall KPM?
  • Shutdown, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login, download & clean Install KPM
  • If “no”, and if the sync issue comes back, please do so, then, if the sync issue persists, please log a Application malfunction, Other request, with Kaspersky Technical Support, support may request Logs, Traces & other data, they will guide you. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Sync data across devices

How to get technical support

The issue appears to be resolved, I just have to press “allow KPM to access devices on my local network”

What my real question is, why does the KPM IOS app need to access devices on my local subnet, it should only need access to the gateway / internet. It just seems unnecessary for the KPM IOS app developers to request this sort of access, for all I know a network map of my private network is being used for “marketing purposes.”

Thanks

It just seems unnecessary for the KPM IOS app developers to request this sort of access, for all I know a network map of my private network is being used for “marketing purposes.”

Hello @Leeham

Thank you for posting back & confirming the actual issue is resolved👌

Please see: 

&, please note, Kaspersky users/subscribers are given opt in/out choice(s) to optional Kaspersky marketing. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋