GogoPogo

cannot uninstall programs before kaspersky installed

in Windows "Add or Remove Programs" all the "Change/Remove" buttons have gone from all programs that were installed BEFORE installation of the trial version of Kasperky. all programs installed AFTER installation of the trial version of Kasperky have the "Change/Remove" buttons as expected.

has Kaspersky removed the existing program uninstall information from the Windows registry in some way?

i can't think what else could have done this as i have not knowingly changed uninstall info in the registry or run any registry repair programs.

has anybody else seen this problem before in relation to Kasperky? if not, then it must be something else i did during a rather messy uninstall and forced manual deletion of zone alarm. :(

thanks for your help.

all the old info from this key has gone:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall]

Edited by GogoPogo

mmm. well i don't think it was KIS after all.

luckily i cloned the disk drive just before installing KIS and before the problem with the registry.

i restored the disk drive and reinstalled KIS. all is well at the moment so fingers crossed the first big virus scan doesn't provoke disaster.

:)

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.