Sign in to follow this  
Moto

KAV WS 5.0.522 License Key

I had this version installed and working until somehow my system clock was set forward to June 2006. When I reset the clock KAV declared the license invalid (it isn't). I uninstalled KAV and when I tried to reinstall KAV denied use of the key. How can I reset this situation?

I also noticed that upon initial installation there was a message in the main window that the Db was very old. No matter how many times I update the DB KAV continues to display this message.

Hi Moto,

please contact your reseller you need a new key.

You cannot reinstall this key on this PC.

Hi Moto,

please contact your reseller you need a new key.

You cannot reinstall this key on this PC.

[

- Helmut,

Why would a reseller give me a new key? There is nothing wrong with the one I have. It is good until Feb. 2007. I think that Kaspersky should comment on this and provide a solution. Either one has a valid key or not - aberant hidden files should not interfere with legal use of the product.

Moto

Hi Moto.

Try to uninstall Kaspersky Antivirus and change the date and time to current. Then reboot your pc and reinstall the KAV. BTW can you let us know your OS?

lolipok

Hi Moto.

Try to uninstall Kaspersky Antivirus and change the date and time to current. Then reboot your pc and reinstall the KAV. BTW can you let us know your OS?

lolipok

Lolipok,

I am using XP with SP-2. I reset the date to the correct date immediately when I discovered it. That is when KAV processes shut themselves down.

I uninstalled KAV and ensured that files were deleted and services stopped. All was OK. I was and am using 5.0.522.

When I reinstalled KAV asked for the license key. I used the same key as in the original install - it had previously been acepted. The install script said it is an invalid key - I don't rememebr the exact words and I am not at home right now.

Thanks.

Hi Moto,

you cannot install this key on this PC again. You need an another License file.

Helmut

Hi Moto,

you cannot install this key on this PC again. You need an another License file.

Helmut

I confirm this problem.

I have installed kav work 5.0.527, I have update my clock and finally Kaspersky block my key. It's 'impossible' to install software in the same pc.

I have reinstalled kav work 5.0.228 and it work fine, nothing problem.

Is this a bug or...very strong protection?

Sorry, but I have confirmed it is not the case. Almost. I sent Kaspersky my perfectly good key with an error report. They confirmed it and sent me an unblocking key having the same termination date. 5.0.552 still would not reinstall. Then they sent me another one. Still it would not install. I assumed, correctly, that it is a problem with the version and used the 5.0.225 version and it installed just fine with the unblocking key.

That seemed to clear the block. I then uninstalled 5.0.225 and reinstalled 5.0.552 with the same unbloking key.

They have unblocking keys. They sometimes work. But you have to ask. The posts to this forum did not elicit the keys.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.