The Fix is out:

Malware Definition Dated 4/2/2009 12:16:00 AM EST

Everything here at my home computer is back to normal.

I've got that update (9:16 pm PDT). Problem still persists. :angry:

ScottB, the screenshot I posted, should be the same with numbers and dates.

Whizard; My databases are identical (taking into account the time difference) except for Malware.

Your screenshot shows a Malware database update of 7:56 PM PDT (10:56 pm, EDT).

My computer shows a Malware database update of 9:16 PM (12:16 AM (4/2) EDT).

I've disabled and enabled anti-spam. Forced numerous updates. Exited the program and restarted it. Rebooted more times than I can count.

Any ideas?

Thanks again!

Another victem of the same problem (opened e-mail then anti-spam went kaput). Just letting you know that I did as you said, opened case with Kaspersky.
same problem for me.
after the reboot the system is instable and i receive a windows error that kaspersky has end to function (sorry for the translation. the original message is "kaspersky ha smesso di funzionare").

i'm using vista ultimate 64 and outlook 2007.

now i've temporarily disabled kis form the start program, otherwise i cannot work with my pc.

regards.

ScottB, What OS do you have if I may ask?

Thanks, JASTECH

XP Pro.

Please..I need help with this. I am certainly not a techie, and the problem persists.

I'm using KAS Internet Security 7.0.

Windows Vista.

The error is "Anti-Spam Failed"

I updated db's, disabled then enabled the antispam protection.

?

I've got that update (9:16 pm PDT). Problem still persists. :angry:

I have run the update twice - it says everything is up to date. Turned back on anti-spam and I still get the same message. I running KIS 7.0.0.125 / Windows XP SP2 Media Center

4/1/2009 11:23:39 PM "Anti-Spam" failed.

4/1/2009 11:23:57 PM Some protection components are disabled. You are advised to enable them.

4/1/2009 11:26:40 PM Update completed successfully

4/1/2009 11:31:09 PM "Anti-Spam" failed.

4/1/2009 11:31:54 PM Some protection components are disabled. You are advised to enable them.

4/1/2009 11:42:01 PM Databases are up-to-date

4/1/2009 11:43:26 PM "Anti-Spam" failed.

hello, problem solved with the last update.

I have disabled antispam, then update , reactivated antispam ,everything ok now.

LolaCSD, The link you posted is "c.com", This my friend is not a pictiure. Maybe you would be better at a Print Screen or?

ScottB, I too ran XP, XP Pro and my wife too with no issues as you have so wee need to get tot he bottom of this and I am sure Whizard will assist you along with many other members. Let me go back and read a little more of your problem unless you wold like to reiterate here?

Thanks, JASTECH

I have run the update twice - it says everything is up to date. Turned back on anti-spam and I still get the same message. I running KIS 7.0.0.125 / Windows XP SP2 Media Center

4/1/2009 11:23:39 PM "Anti-Spam" failed.

4/1/2009 11:23:57 PM Some protection components are disabled. You are advised to enable them.

4/1/2009 11:26:40 PM Update completed successfully

4/1/2009 11:31:09 PM "Anti-Spam" failed.

4/1/2009 11:31:54 PM Some protection components are disabled. You are advised to enable them.

4/1/2009 11:42:01 PM Databases are up-to-date

4/1/2009 11:43:26 PM "Anti-Spam" failed.

These are the same messages i am getting, but I'm on Windows Vista.

Instead of worrying about this now (almost 10:00 PDT on 4/1), I'm going to let things settle overnight and see what happens in the morning. My guess (hope?) is that by then Kaspersky will have sorted it out and automatic updates will have been sent and loaded.

Whizard, you've done great work today in a very difficult situation. Bravo! :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

LolaCSD, The link you posted is "c.com", This my friend is not a pictiure. Maybe you would be better at a Print Screen or?

ScottB, I too ran XP, XP Pro and my wife too with no issues as you have so wee need to get tot he bottom of this and I am sure Whizard will assist you along with many other members. Let me go back and read a little more of your problem unless you wold like to reiterate here?

Thanks, JASTECH

jastech..how do I attach the printscreen capture, please?

Thank you.

bobbycooper, I am glad you have the problem solved and seem so happy for it too? Sense I seen your location is in Italy it made me think of The Olive Garden restaurant in the states.

Thanks, JASTECH

bobbycooper, I am glad you have the problem solved and seem so happy for it too? Sense I seen your location is in Italy it made me think of The Olive Garden restaurant in the states.

Thanks, JASTECH

Hello, I hope you eat well in that restaurant :b_lol1:

LolaCSD,

1) Locate where the photo is located and remember it.

2) Click on ADDREPLY and NOT FASTREPLY.

3) After clicking on ADDREPLY look at the bottom right (below where you insert your text).

4) You will see "Manage Current Attachments" and below that you will see "Browse" and "UPLOAD"

5) Click on the Browse button and then after the pop-up window you locate the picture on your computer.

6) Then click the "UPLOAD" and when it is uploaded yo uwill see it listed in the Manage Current Attachments.

I hope this helps?

Thanks, JASTECH

bobbycooper, I eat very well as does my wife. We both enjoy it a lot. I just need to be careful of the wine!

Thanks, JASTECH

Thank you. Jastech....let's see if I got the correct screenshot. I really appreciate your help.

I may have my master's degree in nursing, but I feel like an imbecile with these computer related tech issues.

post-179846-1238648810_thumb.jpg

Hey Guys!

I think the latest update still unable to work; we are from Asia side. After the latest malware update GMT+8 12:16pm, the anti-spam work for a few minutes until we receive some spam thru Windows Mail. Just for you guys reference only!

It looks like Whizard has left the forum, but I am sure he will be back. My pain patch and Percocet are kicking in so I need to lay down. Others will be here shortly too.

Thanks, JASTECH

I am having the same issue. It started at 723p CDT out of the blue. At 722p, it was working fine. According to the protection reports for email and IM, there's an "object not found" error, as though something got yanked off the machine. I submitted a support ticket as well, before I remembered to look here. I concure with the likelyhood of a database issue, or a really sick April Fool's joke, but who knows? I just want it fixed...

I have tried all the suggestions here as well as post #90, no luck still getting the infamous grey bar with yellow light on it and its not working, this is frustrating...

I am having the same issue... It was working fine this afternoon and I came back this evening to warnings about Antispam. I went through the process of fixing, restarting, downloading databases, and restarting and it only reverts back to the same issue. This is annoying!

I use Windows Mail as well. My OS is Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 and I always install windows updates.

I tried the suggestion about turning the anti-spam it off then back on and all seems to be fine at the moment.

I guess I spoke too soon. It just did the same thing... So, it's not fixed here. :(

Cool, looks like a screenshot of my computer -- With that, I'll definitely let you guys know if I have any more issues. Thanks Whizard and all KIS support staff, which I agree have been great!

Well, I had the exact same screenshot as Wizard (except difference in time zones) and I got the error all over again, so I went back to my Plan C:

1) Disable Anti-spam

2) When I get the message saying I'm not protected, I click on Fix it now, and then Hide update or notification

3) Red K is back and it says I'm protected (minus the anti-spam).

Good night all...