cariocap

klserver.exe

Hi all,

I installed a new win2k server box with Kaspersky Administration Kit version 5.0.1149 and klserver.exe is using all the CPU.

Anyone know how to fix it ?

Thanks,

Cariocap

PS: This is the 3rd time that I try to use KAV Admin Kit different versions without success. What I have to do to have a version that simply WORK ?

Hi!

Kaspersky is set to sort of 'm,ax' Protection directly after installation - you've to disable the networkdrive scan and set the realtime scanner to scan 'files by format' ... this should help. Also do not forget to exclude databases from realtimescan!!

If you're still having problems please download and run GetSystemInfo.zip and post the logfile here!

defekt,

BINGO, I disabled network drive and excluded D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Data\* and now the klserver process CPU usage is low.

I have excluded D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Data\* in the "Scan my Computer" task too, because if I start it the CPU goes high.

Thank you very much,

Cariocap.

defekt,

The problem still occurs, now it take about 30 minutes to the high cpu usage.

Do you have any other idea what I can do here to fix it ?

Thanks,

Cariocap

Just for a small test I uninstalled kaspersky antivirus for file server from this administration kit server and the problem of high cpu usage still occurs, so this is not a problem related with the antivirus scanning network or database areas.

As suggested by defekt I run the GetSystemInfo and attached the results. Please someone take a look.

Thanks,

Cariocap

sysinfo.zip

Edited by cariocap

The GetSystemInfo Logfile did not show any strange thing... but you're running w2k Server with a PIII-? Mhz and ONLY 256MB of Memory!

Please check in the Taskmanager which Prozess takes the high CPU utilisation...

The process is klserver.exe (Kaspersky Administration Server) using 99% of CPU after 30 minutes of restart of the computer.

mmmhhh... please take a look at the machines eventlog and post the application & system eventlog here as .EVT file if they show errors!

Im having a few error "event ID: 3034" with the text: "The redirector was unable to initialize security context or query context attributes."

Attached is the evt file

events.zip

Some more information. I have executed trace.exe and there is a lot of lines with:

23:56:32.311 00000590 KLWNF: EnumDomainHosts::pISearch->GetColumn(1) - Failed, HRESULT: 2147504136Mon Mar 20 2006

Anyone know what is this ?

Thanks,

Cariocap

you're running w2k Server with a PIII-? Mhz and ONLY 256MB of Memory!

As i mentioned before you're running a system at the lowest possible hardware...

Please update the memory up to 512MB and you can also try the following Registry-Key which avoids Windows to swap out the Kernel from RAM to Disk!

HKEY_LOCAL_ MACHINE\System\CurrentControl Set\Control\SessionManager\Memory Management\DisablePagingExecutive and set value to "1"

REM: If you're not sure it's always good to backup the registry before!!!

As i mentioned before you're running a system at the lowest possible hardware...

Please update the memory up to 512MB and you can also try the following Registry-Key which avoids Windows to swap out the Kernel from RAM to Disk!

HKEY_LOCAL_ MACHINE\System\CurrentControl Set\Control\SessionManager\Memory Management\DisablePagingExecutive   and set value to "1"

REM: If you're not sure it's always good to backup the registry before!!!

defekt,

The system requirements here are not too low. Reading the article in KB http://www.kaspersky.com/faq?qid=176179473&qtype=3912133 you can see that we need:

Intel Pentium III 800 MHz or faster (here we have a PIII 1Ghz)

128 MB (here we have 256Mb, we´re planning to upgrade this to 512Mb as you suggested).

I have made some more test. I was reading the Kb article "Network Scanning" http://www.kaspersky.com/faq?chapter=175444500&qid=176570012 and found a registry key to disable all scanning. I disabled this and gess what ? There is no more High CPU usage.

My conclusion is that is something wrong here, maybe in my network environment, WINS, DNS or anything else that is causing trouble to Kaspersky Administration Server.

I will make some more researchs and post the results here.

Thanks for your patience,

Cariocap

Hello all,

This situation occurs with first scanning of network on old computers.

You need to turn on scanning with the help of attached file netscan-on.reg

And also another one is recommended to the users with old/slow computers with installed AdminServer and if big load on network is not desirable, but need to scan anyway: slow_network_scan_no_first_scan.reg

Kind regards,

Igor Kurzin

Partner and Local Offices Support Center

Kaspersky Labs

netscan.zip

Hello all,

This situation occurs with first scanning of network on old computers.

You need to turn on scanning with the help of attached file netscan-on.reg

And also another one is recommended to the users with old/slow computers with installed AdminServer and if big load on network is not desirable, but need to scan anyway: slow_network_scan_no_first_scan.reg

Kind regards,

Igor Kurzin

Partner and Local Offices Support Center

Kaspersky Labs

Igor,

Thanks for coming here and helping us.

I have executed netscan-on.reg to reactivate the scan and execute slow_network_scan_no_first_scan.reg to slow down the scan. Now it takes 2 hours and 30 minutes aproximatelly to happen the high CPU usage. In the beginning it used to happen in 30 minutes only.

Do you have any other idea ?

Thanks in advance,

Cariocap

Hello,

cariocap, do you have Omni-NFS Enterprise client installed on the server ?

Hello,

cariocap, do you have Omni-NFS Enterprise client installed on the server ?

No I dont.

As sugested by defekt Im trying to install it on a new powerfull box with:

- Xeon 3Ghz

- 1 Gb RAM

- Windows 2003 Server with SP1 and all hotfixes

I hope this time Kaspersky Administration Kit works without using all the CPU.

I will keep you all informed about this.

Cariocap

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.