Jump to content
inv15

Corrupted database on KAV for Windows Workstations

Recommended Posts

Hi everybody.

 

I have an Win XP Home laptop which had KAV for Windows Workstations v5.0.200 on it. At some point i got a message saying that the database is corrupted. I uninstalled KAV v.200 and installed v.225. After that i updated the databases and restarted the PC. Now, when i login, i get a message saying the database is corrupted and that real-time protection is disabled. I updated to v.228 but nothing changed. Any ideas?

Share this post


Link to post

Hi inv15!

 

Just delete content you find under C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\KAV for Workstations\5.0\UPDTemp\ and do an update, this should solve your prob!

Share this post


Link to post
Hi inv15!

 

Just delete content you find under C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\KAV for Workstations\5.0\UPDTemp\ and do an update, this should solve your prob!

 

Hi defekt

 

Thanks for the answer. I tried it but no luck. I tried rollback too but that didn't work either. :(

 

I've seen this problem before on another laptop. I had searched around for almost a week when i decided to format it and re-setup everything. That solved the problem! :) I do not wish to do this now though so i'm trying to find a simpler solution. Any more ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Hi defekt

 

Thanks for the answer. I tried it but no luck. I tried rollback too but that didn't work either. :(

 

I've seen this problem before on another laptop. I had searched around for almost a week when i decided to format it and re-setup everything. That solved the problem! :) I do not wish to do this now though so i'm trying to find a simpler solution. Any more ideas?

 

Never mind, i finally found a solution. After uninstalling Kaspersky and deleting any remaining files from the HD, i executed a registry/file-system cleaner utility. I then reinstalled Kaspersky, updated it and it now works just fine.

 

Thanks for the help.

Share this post


Link to post

Hi inv15,

 

good to hear you figured it out but doesn't sounds so good how you did it...

 

maybe this will help in future if you're running in the same prob again:

 

Workaround ist to delete content of the local update folder which is:

C:\documents...\all users\application data\kaspersky lab\KAV for workstations\5.0\Bases\

 

or use following technote: Update using ZIP archives --> http://www.kaspersky.com/avupdates/zip

 

otherwise search's Kaspersky's Knowledgebase for e.g. 'manual update'

Share this post


Link to post
Hi inv15,

 

good to hear you figured it out but doesn't sounds so good how you did it...

 

maybe this will help in future if you're running in the same prob again:

 

Workaround ist to delete content of the local update folder which is:

C:\documents...\all users\application data\kaspersky lab\KAV for workstations\5.0\Bases\

 

or use following technote: Update using ZIP archives --> http://www.kaspersky.com/avupdates/zip

 

otherwise search's Kaspersky's Knowledgebase for e.g. 'manual update'

 

I know but in the older problem i described in my previous posts, i had tried uninstalling KAV, manually deleting all "C:\documents...\all users\application data\kaspersky lab" folders and all registry settings and then reinstalling KAV and i still got a "database corrupted" message! I had even tried manual update without success. Since then, i don't believe that just deleting all files is enough. It must have something to do with a rogue registry entry left over by an older version of KAV. I hope this is solved in versions > .225...

Share this post


Link to post

since yesterday Version 5.0.522 of the workstation is out - try that ;)

Share this post


Link to post

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.