Natalia Pasynkova

The completion of the first stage of beta testing for the version 8.0 business applications

Kaspersky Lab announces the completion of the first stage of beta testing for the version 8.0 business applications:

- Kaspersky Anti-Virus 8.0 for Windows Workstations

- Kaspersky Anti-Virus 8.0 for Windows Servers

- Kaspersky Anti-Virus 8.0 for Windows Servers Enterprise Edition

- Kaspersky Administration Kit 8.0

- Kaspersky Second Opinion Solution 8.0

We would like to inform you that as of March 16 all materials on the relevant beta testing forum will be available in read-only mode. Also, new beta keys for version 8.0 business applications will no longer be issued as of March 16.

We would like to thank all those who took part in the first stage of beta testing.

The next stage of beta testing will be announced in due course.

Kaspersky Lab announces the completion of the first stage of beta testing for the version 8.0 business applications:

- Kaspersky Anti-Virus 8.0 for Windows Workstations

- Kaspersky Anti-Virus 8.0 for Windows Servers

- Kaspersky Anti-Virus 8.0 for Windows Servers Enterprise Edition

- Kaspersky Administration Kit 8.0

- Kaspersky Second Opinion Solution 8.0

We would like to inform you that as of March 16 all materials on the relevant beta testing forum will be available in read-only mode. Also, new beta keys for version 8.0 business applications will no longer be issued as of March 16.

We would like to thank all those who took part in the first stage of beta testing.

The next stage of beta testing will be announced in due course.

Dear Madam,

where download beta keys for version 8.0 business applications send me link

thanks

Could you tell me what time KAV version 8 final will be available for business ?

thank you

regards

It seems that business users are going to be forgeted concerning KAV 8 by Kaspersky Lab like KAV 7 anno.

Could you tell me what time KAV version 8 final will be available for business ?

thank you

regards

The release is expected by 2010 :cb_punk:

The release is expected by 2010 :cb_punk:

Entirely unacceptable. By that time they will probably have released a third version of the home version of the software.

Kaspersky Antivirus for Workstation v8 I think is expected in the Q3 or Q4 of 2009 (Personal Opinion).

So the underlying thought is "screw vista we'll just aim to work with windows 7. What issues with business space, have you seen our sales?"...nice business model

Kaspersky Antivirus for Workstation v8 I think is expected in the Q3 or Q4 of 2009 (Personal Opinion).

Hola Caos,

i sadly guess that we will have it on 2010 only...hopefully in June...:)

Q3/Q4 2009 -> core 8 will be integrated within version 6

Ciao

M

Kaspersky Antivirus Workstation v8.0.0.1081 Technical Preview

Technical Preview Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows 7

Version 8.0.0.1081 Technical Preview

Release date: 21.04.2009

What's new:

1. Improved application performance.

2. Improved anti-virus file protection technology.

3. Means of control over applications' access to connected external devices.

4. Easy and handy access to any component of the application.

5. Means of control over users' access to web-resources (web site viewing and file downloading).

6. Proactive defense module was updated: list of events, processed by the component, was extended.

7. IPv6 protocol support.

8. Means of the application remote installation through Kaspersky Administration Kit with the latest version of the application databases.

9. Improved application update procedure: now a computer rarely has to be restarted.

10. Means to specify a new parameter (socket type, with raw-socket support) when creating a rule in the Firewall module.

11. Traffic analysis of Internet-pagers (for ICQ, MSN) that provides security while working with them.

12. Mechanism of exporting / importing several parameters from the command line.

13. Additional information about processes trying to get access to the application is registered in reports.

14. Means to manage parallel search for vulnerabilities when scan task is executed.

15. Improved mechanism of working with application, installed on a remote computer, using Kaspersky Administration Kit (policy structure is redesigned).

16. Means of remote administration of Anti-Spam and Anti-Spy components using Kaspersky Administration Kit.

17. Possibility to use the application configuration file when creating a policy through Kaspersky Administration Kit.

18. Possibility to export / import the exclusion list from Kaspersky Administration Kit policies.

19. Update and scan tasks configuration is now performed in group tasks only and is not available from policies.

20. Uninstall mechanism for applications, which may cause compatibility problems with the product, has been simplified.

21. Possibility to copy objects from local storages (storages on client computers) to administrator's workspace (for example, in order to send them to the Virus Lab).

22. A new mechanism to manage sheduled scan task when screen saver is on or computer is locked.

23. Data files size restriction (reports, quarantined and backuped files).

24. Client computers with the application installed may be temporary excluded from policies and group tasks scope when working via Kaspersky Administration Kit. This function is available after entering the password.

25. Specific settings are available for mobile users when configuring group update tasks in Kaspersky Administration Kit.

Download:

ftp://ftp.kaspersky.com/beta/kavwks8.0_fo....0.0.1081en.exe

Info:

ftp://ftp.kaspersky.com/beta/kavwks8.0_fo...s_wks8.0_en.htm

Regards

Edited by Caos

the key for the 6.0.3.837 can be use with this version?

It´s a beta version normally only use beta key or beta activation. I test with my key and don´t work.

install and use ok on XP PRO SP3 French

I imagine install with beta key.

Edited by Caos

It´s a beta version normally only use beta key or beta activation. I test with my key and don´t work.

I imagine install with beta key.

It's very useful for testing the application in standalone environment, but this topic is about business application and I mean it's obvious that corporate users/administrators are working in network. So installing this pre-release will not work because of missing Kaspersky Network Agent 8.0 [or higher].

install and use ok on XP PRO SP3 French

Hi Atlas,

could you tell me, how you did the install ? I tried to but it always ask me to install Kaspersky network Agent 8.0 [or higher] first and at this point the installer ends. I've uninstalled the old version of Kaspersky Antivirus and Network Agent also. Network Agent has been disabled in system services but it doesn't goes further and need network agent 8.

any idea ?

I want to test kas for windows enterprise edition v.8.0,Where download?

afaik, there's no KAV for FSEE 8.0 beta yet...

M

Kaspersky Antivirus Workstation v8.0.0.1081 Technical Preview

Download:

ftp://ftp.kaspersky.com/beta/kavwks8.0_fo....0.0.1081en.exe

Info:

ftp://ftp.kaspersky.com/beta/kavwks8.0_fo...s_wks8.0_en.htm

Regards

Will there be an actual business-use-appropriate version any time soon?

Many of these "features" should not be used in a corporate setting.

I've had plenty of problems already with features outside Kaspersky's core competence area of AV causing a lot of annoyances by disabling required services and causing application faults.

I'd prefer a "corp version" will all that junk stripped out.

Just give me AV.

I'm using a trial version of Anti-Virus 8.0.0.506 on my work laptop. Should I not be using this? There seems to be some issues like getting through the welcome screen. Please inform me if this is the correct place for issues with this version. Cheers.

Will there be an actual business-use-appropriate version any time soon?

Many of these "features" should not be used in a corporate setting.

I've had plenty of problems already with features outside Kaspersky's core competence area of AV causing a lot of annoyances by disabling required services and causing application faults.

I'd prefer a "corp version" will all that junk stripped out.

Just give me AV.

hello,

it's enough to perform a custom installation and setup AV features only...;)

M

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.