i have kasperky antivirus personal pro 5.0.20

i am using win xp pro sevice pack 2

sygate personal firewall pro 5.5 build 2710

adaware

spybot search and destroy

microsoft anti spyware

i am connected to internet through LAN...

my problem is that whenever I try to update kaspersky an error occur i.e. updating to an older version is not allowed.

here is the detailed report of error

ask: Anti-virus databases update

Statistics:

Task start time: 6/25/2005 3:43:15 PM

Task completion time: 6/25/2005 3:43:17 PM

Settings:

Update source folder: Update server of Kaspersky Lab

Update the anti-virus databases: Yes

Show the list of available updates: No

LAN settings

Use passive FTP mode Yes

Connection timeout 30 sec

Connection via a proxy: No

Copy to updates shared folder

Shared updates folder: do not use

Report:

Object Event Duration

Updating started 6/25/2005 3:43:15 PM

http://us2h.kaspersky-labs.com Establishing connection to the update server 6/25/2005 3:43:16 PM

master.xml Module downloaded 6/25/2005 3:43:17 PM

Error while updating: internal error 42 6/25/2005 3:43:17 PM

Error during updates 6/25/2005 3:43:17 PM

Updating to an older version is not allowed 6/25/2005 3:43:17 PM

this error occurs only when I TRY TO UPDATE WHILE I am connected to internet through LAN.

note that i am able to browse and download while connected to internet through lan..

note that there is no problem in updating kaspersky through dialup!!!

however for the very first time when I installed Kaspersky antivirus personal pro 5.0.20... i was able to update completely while connected through LAN....after the first update when I try to update again the error mentioned above occurs...

I have installed and uninstalled kaspersky about three times... every time i am able to update it for the first time and after that the same error occur....

i have not installed any antivirus before and its the clean installation after formatting the whole system...

any help will be highly appreciated...

MAC

Hi mac148 & welcome

Why do you want to update to an older version, or is this just the message you get?

Have you changed anything in Kaspersky's settings?

Have you tried to disable Sygate and use the SP2 firewall and then tried to update? :)

Hi mac148 & welcome

Why do you want to update to an older version, or is this just the message you get?

Have you changed anything in Kaspersky's settings?

Have you tried to disable Sygate and use the SP2 firewall and then tried to update? :)

well thanx for the response....

i got my problem solved out....

this was the error which i was getting and it was caused due to some misconfiguration at the server through which i am connected to net...

any ways i got it solved ...

thanx and tc

MAC

well thanx for the response....

i got my problem solved out....

this was the error which i was getting and it was caused due to some misconfiguration at the server through which i am connected to net...

any ways i got it solved ...

thanx and tc

MAC

How did you fix it I have the same problem with one of my server... all works fine exept one.... weird... I have push policys with the Admin Kit to update true the Kaspersky FTP site.

How did you fix it I have the same problem with one of my server... all works fine exept one.... weird... I have push policys with the Admin Kit to update true the Kaspersky FTP site.

Hi ADNM & welcome

You're posting in the "Protection for home users", since you mention the adminkit, i'll assume you're using Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Workstations & Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows File Servers which you should post about in the "Protection for Small and Medium Businesses" where you will probably get a faster response and since mac148 is so infrequently active here, you should probably try to PM him instead, much better chance of him seeing this. :)

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.