Sign in to follow this  
wonka-dk

Stopping KAVMM.EXE process

Hi

We got several servers running KAV For file servers. They are running v. 5.0.72

Once in a while one of the servers will stop responding (to "KAV-Commands" like stop or start scan). When a server enters this state it is not posible to kill kavmm.exe in order to restart the kaspersky antivirus service (the service is not responding either). The only way to get the server out of this state is to reboot, and a reboot on a fileserver in the middle of a working day aint very popular :-)

Does anyone know a workaround for this problem?

Best regards

SW

We have similar problem with that.

If someone can give us more useful tool or command will be great.

Yep. Happened twice for us too. This time under "Tasks" I see that "Real-Time File Protection" is stuck at "Reloading settings". Shows up as "Inactive" under applications.

If I start it, it stays running for a few secons, before going back to "Inactive".

But still KAVMM.EXE is using about 10-15% of processor time, which sucks... Oh well, I guess it'll be another Friday night at the office, rebooting the server. ;)

I use the command named ntsd. It's work.

The usage is below,

ntsd -cp -q PID, which is from the list of windows' taskmanager.

Thanks the help from China kaspersky lab.

You can KILL the process with the KILL command - just google for it and download it but this is not a solution :rolleyes:

Have set all your scan-tasks with an end-time? means stop scan after e.g. 60 Minutes!?

Try it because it could be that a scan-task didn't end at all and blocks the products afterwords...

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.