Jump to content
ISDPCMAN

:-( Migrated to new server now shares don't work!

Recommended Posts

We've had Kaspersky running on our server for 10 months and the server is old so we upgraded to a new HP server and, using Acronis, migrated the system to the new server (which works amazingly well, by the way...)

 

The problem we are having is that once the server came back online NOBODY could access the shares and we were seeing "IRPStackSize insufficient" error messges int he System event log. After looking up this and adjusting the IRPStackSize about a bazillion times and rebooting the server we reached the max size and STILL had the problem. Then we got the bright idea that maybe this is an AV issue (since most of the internet help pages we found spoke of this solution with Symantec AV)

 

Anyway, we uninstalled the KAV server program and Viola'...everything worked. So we reinstalled KAV for File Servers (6.0) and boom...all the shares disappeared again.

 

There is no firewall active on the AV or on the server and the ONLY thing we're doing is taking KAV OFF the file server (which i don't like doing but they have to use the box for work...) How can i determine what's happening with this and cure this for my client?

 

BTW, i opened a case 3 weeks ago with Kaspersky support and to this day I still have not had a response other than the auto reply that says they got the ticket and will work on it.

Share this post


Link to post
We've had Kaspersky running on our server for 10 months and the server is old so we upgraded to a new HP server and, using Acronis, migrated the system to the new server (which works amazingly well, by the way...)

 

The problem we are having is that once the server came back online NOBODY could access the shares and we were seeing "IRPStackSize insufficient" error messges int he System event log. After looking up this and adjusting the IRPStackSize about a bazillion times and rebooting the server we reached the max size and STILL had the problem. Then we got the bright idea that maybe this is an AV issue (since most of the internet help pages we found spoke of this solution with Symantec AV)

 

Anyway, we uninstalled the KAV server program and Viola'...everything worked. So we reinstalled KAV for File Servers (6.0) and boom...all the shares disappeared again.

 

There is no firewall active on the AV or on the server and the ONLY thing we're doing is taking KAV OFF the file server (which i don't like doing but they have to use the box for work...) How can i determine what's happening with this and cure this for my client?

 

BTW, i opened a case 3 weeks ago with Kaspersky support and to this day I still have not had a response other than the auto reply that says they got the ticket and will work on it.

 

You can try to reinstall the KAK over top. That *may* fix your problem and you will not have to start over from scratch. Otherwise I would just call them. I'm assuming that your opened a case using the "Open a Case" link. I don't know why, and it is something Kaspersky needs to fix, but I've never...ever...had any luck with that thing. Like you, I get the "Got your request email" and that is it, never ever hear from anyone after that. Yet if I call, I get 99% of my issues resolved no problem. Bring it up to your Reseller, and have them bring it up to Kaspersky.

Share this post


Link to post

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.