Howdy! I miss you guys/gals!

Anyways, I installed VISTA Ultimate 64 bit and was running 357 w/o to many problems. I decided to beta 506 so I uninstalled 357 using

Your Uninstaller Pro. When I installed 506 it said it was expired? And when 506 is installed and I reboot I have no internet. I disabled everything on 506 and still no internet. I then disabled the Service so that it would not be enabled after reboot again. After reboot there is still no internet.

I then uninstalled it again using Your Uninstaller Pro then used CCleaner after that. I rebooted and then installed 506 again and still no internet. So I thought about it and think KIS leaves some luggage behind that both the uninstaller programs I have can not locate. So I then reinstalled 506, rebooted then of course no internet so I can't use my registration number given to me by Kaspersky for the beta testing I did. So this time I used the kavremover9 and it located KIS and uninstalled and then rebooted. So I thought finally I am able to beta test 506 and Nope! It still kills my internet. So how do I go about this my friends? I have even scanned the registry myself and can't find it. I want to start beta testing KIS 10 when available.

Thanks, JASTECH

so I uninstalled 357 using

Your Uninstaller Pro.

Nooooooo where do people get these ideas from....always always always use the built in uninstaller and no third party programs because this screws up the uninstall in the majority of cases!

Try the kavremover (force it via command line)

http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279463

Baz, I am sorry I messed up. After my accident I have memory issues ect. So please be patient as I have to relearn a lot of stuff for daily life.

Edit: I just tried it via command line and "Kaspersky Anti-Virus was not detected"

P.S. The first time I uninstalled it I used the KIS built in uninstaller.

Thanks, JASTECH

JASTECH,

Did you try this way: kavremover9.exe KIS2009 ?

DonKid, That might have worked. I noticed the latest build at devbuilds is 505. I have 506, is that the last one or is there another for the KIS10 testing? TIA

Thanks, JASTECH

Well, that didn't work either. I don't have the option for beta on 506. This is very up settting. Anybody have more ideas to try? My system stays on 24/7 and a lot of internet traffic.

Thanks, JASTECH

There is no more beta testing at the moment for KAV/KIS....506 is the newest released version at the moment.

Ok, so how do I get it installed as a beta? It is still telling me the trial is over and I have not internet. The system is also a dual boot with Linux

Ok, so how do I get it installed as a beta? It is still telling me the trial is over and I have not internet. The system is also a dual boot with Linux

You can't install it as a trial...................you add your code to it or uninstall it. :)

Don, When it installs I lose my internet. So I can't activate using the code Kaspersky sent me. I am at a loss. Please assist if you can.

Thanks, JASTECH

Edited by JASTECH

I was able to activate it via the reg file but still no internet until I uninstall KIS506. I will have to think about this one.

Thanks, JASTECH

Edited by JASTECH

Update: I went ahead and replaced the Netgear router with a TRENDnet sense I needed a faster router anyways and installed SP1. This did not help, it must be something to do with the way KIS 506 and VISTA x64 respond to each other. When KIS is removing the software and gets to "Removing Files" then my internet icon comes on and I have internet. Did anybody else have this issue? Any thoughts out there? I am on the internet naked!

Thanks, JASTECH

richbuff, Long time no see. Ok, I will install it for the 7th time and hoepfully get the same issue. This will have to wait till Monday, untill then I will tighten up my router. I will beta 2010 on Intel i7 24GB system. I am so looking forward to testing again.

Thanks, JASTECH

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.