I have Kaspersky Anti Virus 2009 and Ad-aware version 8.0.1 (Anniversary Edition) installed on my laptop. Is it ok if i turn on Ad-Watch Live! even i have Kaspersky Anti Virus 2009 running on my laptop ?

Do a search here for AdAware or compatible anti-spyware programs and see if anyone has tried using Ad-Watch Live with KAV.

I don't use it myself so I'm not sure if it is compatible with KAV or not.

If you try it post back with the results in case anyone else is interested. ;)

Thanks for the reply... I did the search but not found the good answer, most people suggest to turn off any other real-time protection to avoid any conflict with the primary anti-virus protection. Well, i myself have Ad-Watch Live! disabled to save my system resources.

art101   

i'm glad someone else wondered about this question and posted it.

i presume K internet suite does what ad-aware live is supposed to do so i guess i'll turn mine off. i'm not as concerned about saving system resources as i am about conflicts but both are pretty good reasons IF K internet suite is actively checking everything that happens in real time.

Thanks for the reply... I did the search but not found the good answer, most people suggest to turn off any other real-time protection to avoid any conflict with the primary anti-virus protection. Well, i myself have Ad-Watch Live! disabled to save my system resources.

maschoff   

After installing Adaware anniversary edition, and running Ad-Watch Live, KASP no longer loads all components. I've tried repairing the program but to no avail.

Any ideas? Adaware and spybot have been uninstalled.

maschoff   
Please, post a GSI log.

More specifically, the intrusion detection system does not start.

My apologies, but please provide info as to how to locate GSI log.

Poor Senna ...

Thanks for your help

Edited by maschoff

rudger79   
....please provide info as to how to locate GSI log

Click on the letters GSI in DonKids post and scroll down and the instructions are there. :)

Honestly Ad Aware is a joke and its detection rate is horrible. SuperAntiSoyware and Malware Bytes are far superior and are great on demand scanners. Ad Aware installs needless running processes. If you doublt me then just watch Matt's reviews over at Remove-Malware.com I myself have tested Ad Aware and it cannot remove most infections that SAS and MBAM can.

http://remove-malware.com/

art101   

SuperAntiSoyware?!? damn, those viruses are getting into everything now!!! :b_lol1:

SuperAntiSoyware and Malware Bytes are far superior and are great on demand scanners.

SuperAntiSoyware?!? damn, those viruses are getting into everything now!!! :b_lol1:

LOL.......caught my typo. Ok here it is "SuperAntiSpyware". :b_lol1:

CDT   
I have Kaspersky Anti Virus 2009 and Ad-aware version 8.0.1 (Anniversary Edition) installed on my laptop. Is it ok if i turn on Ad-Watch Live! even i have Kaspersky Anti Virus 2009 running on my laptop ?

@Dotasense

I have used the free version of Ad-aware(I dont know if Ad-Watch Live is active in the free version of Ad-Aware) as a second opinion type scanner as Don mentioned on KIS and seemed to function just fine , but I actually liked the SAS or MBAM compaired to Ad-Aware and they are both free or buy(I actually have used both of the paid versions of those along with KIS as well ) and they both work great

PS. I only have one installed(SAS,MBAM) of those but do switch out once and a while B)

Edited by charlesT