Jump to content

stuartm80127

Members
  • Content Count

    2
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About stuartm80127

  • Rank
    Candidate
  1. In my specific case I had Windows XP that previously had Spybot Search and Destroy but it had been removed prior to installing Kaspersky Internet Security 2013. Spybot S&D adds and apparently after uninstall, leaves a bunch of well delineated entries in the ..System32/drivers/etc/hosts file. When removed, which I did, Kaspersky no longer complains. Kaspersky product for the first time, flagged this file and these entries as a trojan. So I used Kaspersky to restore the file as hosts.orig and then edited it to remove the spybot-added entries, and then restored as hosts.xyz. Then deleted hosts and renamed hosts.xyx to hosts and rebooted system. Now if you are still running Spybot S&D then I would check the hundreds of entries for consistency and then tell kaspersky to restore hosts and then ignore this until Kaspersky resolves the issue.
  2. I too have run into this problem on Windows XP 32-bit Professional with SP3 using Internet Security 2013 product. I have never run apps from DVDVideoSoft on my system so the proposed solution is invalid in my case. Can Support please be more descriptive in-terms of what external component may be causing this error in-case there are other vendors who may be using that component. I have re-installed and even cleaned using Kaspersky AV removal tool to no avail. I have manually run update and verified that Kaspersky is up to date. 13.0.1.4190. Thanks, Stuart
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.