1. I received my email to upgrade to PURE 2. I downloaded and saved PURE 2 (english version) on my hard drive.
2. I have 597 days remaining on my license for PURE 1 and I uninstalled my PURE 1. There was no antivirus programs on my computer except Kapsersky PURE 1.
3. I was able to successfully install PURE 2.0 ---and activate sucessfully.
4. I was able to update PURE 2.
5. When I attempted to perform a scan, I get a window asking me to activate it. PURE says it won't update or scan anything until I activate PURE 2.
6. I sucessfully activate it. (At least the widow said it activated successfully.)
7. PURE 2 won't work. I am forced to return to #5 and activate PURE 2 and I get a successful activation message (again).
8. PURE 2 still won't work. I am forced to return to #5 and after the third attempt I am locked out from the activation screen and the only choice I have available is to purchase (something I have already purchased.)
9. PURE 2 won't work because it says I need to activate it or purchase it --even though I activated it 3 times!!
10. I uninstalled PURE 2 and re-installed PURE 1 from a CD.
11. PURE 1 works just fine now.
What is going on???? I want to use Kasperky PURE 2. I want to upgrade. I have 597 days left on my license. (I wasted 4 hours yesterday doing all this.)
Lastly, I don't understand why I have to leave my computer open to attacks and uninstall PURE 1 during the upgrading process to PURE 2. Kaspersky should be able to upgrade without me having to uninstall Kasperky PURE 1.
Thanks for your help.
edit: topic title to mention activation issue.