Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Kaspersky Anti-Virus Damage my PC!
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
Bilal Hasan
Dear kaspersky customer supporting staff,

I bought one of your product called "Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009", I installed it on my PC, the program start scaning my PC and asking me to delete files of the operating system, I ignore it many time, Then i delet them , The PC restart and when windows XP trying to start it appear a blue screen then it restart again and keep restarting!!.

I formate my PC and installed Windows XP professional again because your antivirus damage the operation system, the I install the anti-virus again but again the same problem. I formate my PC 3 times!!!

I the third installation ,, when i trying to activate the software license, my PC date was on year 2005, the software give me on year license to 2006 and then show me that my license expired!!!

I LOST SOME OF MY FILE BECAUSE THE UNEXPECTED FORMAT PROCESS,, AND I LOST MY COPY OF KASPERSKY ANTI-VIRUS!

I already damage the CD dry.gif and this is my feedback of your product. mad.gif

Best regards. dry.gif

Bilal Hasan

Edit: size 4 font off.
Don Pelotas
If Kaspersky deletes "XP system files", then it is because you are using a cracked XP install CD...or you get infected immediately via for example your network, this is not normal to have this happen three time in a row........................not normal at all.

One thing is sure: Kaspersky does NOT delete/ruin three healthy XP installs. smile.gif
steve195527
sounds like a troll!
Amjad Rimawi
Hello ,

i would like to let you know that if you installed kaspersky ( after 3 times formating !!!! ) and still have an viruses in OS files , i think you have a problem with your XP version , i advice you to buy another one and try to install it in your PC OR try to repaire your OS

Thank you
Bilal Hasan
Excuse me all,
My Windows XP is licensed and not cracked!!
I have new license and activated windows when I bought my laptop new, better to find another reason why kaspersky deleting system files in windows and consider them as viruses!!!!
Regards for you all,
Bilal Hasan
Don Pelotas
QUOTE(Bilal Hasan @ 27.11.2008 14:15) *
Excuse me all,
My Windows XP is licensed and not cracked!!
I have new license and activated windows when I bought my laptop new, better to find another reason why kaspersky deleting system files in windows and consider them as viruses!!!!
Regards for you all,
Bilal Hasan

Yes, thats true......................and that is exactly what you should do............find out what has infected you if you software is legit. It just doesn't happen that Kasperskt deletes/ruins no less than 3 fresh XP install.
JohnH2O
Bilal Hasan,I think there are a lot of Kaspersky users who are anxious to know about the reason for your verdict, rather serious, about “Kaspersky deletes Windows system files”. blink.gif

To convince us, you have to tell more details. What alerts? What files? Quarantined?

I know another AV vendor (NOT Kaspersky) recently had a serious error where the AV misclassified and quarantined some important system files as a generic form of Trojan malware, so everything is possible… But, really, I have never heard about this issue with Kaspersky.

Don Pelotas
No, John, it's not a possiblity because lets say there was a mistake by the lab..........................the forum would be absolute burning hot from all the angry users wanting their money back with all those messed up windows installs in mind, plus both you and me would have seen it.................we all use Windows!

No the OP got himself infected somehow................most likely from the network or backed up files transfered to the new install again. smile.gif
DonKid
Maybe an AVZ log can help.biggrin.gif
JohnH2O
Well, in to-day’s world, ”everything is possible”, unfortunately. The other AV vendor has a high reputation.. No, I do not believe this is a Kaspersky issue. That’s why I want Bilal Hasan to give us more info, not only accuse KL.

Hello, where are you Bilal Hasan? supercool.gif
MISTERAMD
My KIS2009 do not delete XP System Files, so it isn't the fault of KIS smile.gif
steve195527
If Kaspersky deleted system files all of us on here(well almost all:-trolls excluded,they prob never use kav/kis and just like flaming things!)would have hosed PC's,as Don says it just doesn't happen
raje
hey he is just kidding kis 506 is working fantastic i hv installed evening only with help of don ..no problem wth kis8.506

super performance and net speed is little slow but i cant blame kis bcoz thiz first day of use and everthing is good superb bravo.gif
Bilal Hasan
Hi All,,

sorry for late in replay, because when kaspersky damage the OS i formate my laptop and went looking for another antivirus,

I will explane to you all in more details:

1. I installed Kaspersky antivirus as usual.
2. It run Okay and activated.
3. I make a scan for C, D drives.
4. The programes giving alerts that torjans and viruses found in C:\Windows\System32\.... and Need to be deleted.
5. I ignore that allerts many times.
6. The programs keep showing these alerts many times.
7. THEN, I chose the DELETE option.smile.gif
8. The laptop restart , then when Windows starting up , it againg back to restarting again.
9. PC keep restating , and I failed to back up my files and I made formate and reinstall the OS again.

Then, after that , THUS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT:
1. I install the antivures again on a fresh copy of windows XP professional.
2. After starting scan C,D drives the progame showing the same alerts on C:\Windows\System32\.... and Need to be deleted.
3. I ignore that allerts many times.
4. The programs keep showing these alerts many times.
5. THEN, I chose the DELETE option.smile.gif
6. The laptop RESTART, then when Windows starting up , it againg keep restarting again and again.

Do you want to read what happen in the third time or its enough ?

WHAT THE RESON DO YOU THINK?

ON A FRESH COPY OF WINDOWS, SHOULD BE A VIRUSES OR TORJANS?

OR KASPERSKY DAMAGING AND DELETING WINDOWS SYSTEM FILES?

mad.gif
Don Pelotas
QUOTE(Bilal Hasan @ 18.02.2009 19:34) *
WHAT THE RESON DO YOU THINK?

ON A FRESH COPY OF WINDOWS, SHOULD BE A VIRUSES OR TORJANS?

OR KASPERSKY DAMAGING AND DELETING WINDOWS SYSTEM FILES?

mad.gif

This does not happen Bilal Hasan....................IF it's a new clean install of Windows (very doubtfull, if you're telling the truth), then this simply does not happen twice (you even imply theres a third time as well!) on what you say is fresh installs of XP.

It's as simple as that so there is something you're not telling us.
Visconti12
Hi Bilal Hasan, if you are telling the truth, that's a big issue we'd like to analyse here. Can you post a GSI and AVZ log? It sounds like you mixed-up your system with other security software which might be incompatible.
p2u
QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 18.02.2009 22:14) *
This does not happen Bilal Hasan....................IF it's a new clean install of Windows (very doubtfull, if you're telling the truth), then this simply does not happen twice (you even imply theres a third time as well!) on what you say is fresh installs of XP.

It's as simple as that so there is something you're not telling us.

Uhm... Of course, there may be a rootkit on the hard disc... Even deep formatting a couple of times may not remove that. Or he may install one that is included in one of the programs he reinstalls every time he reinstalls Windows. I'd suggest Bilal Hasan to replace the hard disc with a new one, install XP on it, and install a minimum of programs before he installs Kaspersky...
I'd also have a look at this.

Paul
LGermaine
QUOTE(Bilal Hasan @ 24.11.2008 06:54) *

I bought one of your product called "Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009", I installed it on my PC, the program start scaning my PC and asking me to delete files of the operating system, I ignore it many time, Then i delet them , The PC restart and when windows XP trying to start it appear a blue screen then it restart again and keep restarting!!.

I formate my PC and installed Windows XP professional again because your antivirus damage the operation system, the I install the anti-virus again but again the same problem. I formate my PC 3 times!!!

I the third installation ,, when i trying to activate the software license, my PC date was on year 2005, the software give me on year license to 2006 and then show me that my license expired!!!

I LOST SOME OF MY FILE BECAUSE THE UNEXPECTED FORMAT PROCESS,, AND I LOST MY COPY OF KASPERSKY ANTI-VIRUS!

I already damage the CD dry.gif and this is my feedback of your product. mad.gif

Best regards. dry.gif

Bilal Hasan

Please, no silly posts.
Firestorm70
QUOTE(Bilal Hasan @ 24.11.2008 06:54) *

Best regards. dry.gif

Bilal Hasan

I might be wrong but I remember someone coming on this forum about two months
ago saying that kaspersky deleted important XP OS files and I believe it was Lucian
who told him if this was true, "that Kaspesky deletes XP files then we would see a lot more cases
of this. Either there is something wrong with this persons XP copy or Kaspersky in "very rare occasions
does delete XP files. If this is the case then Kaspersky needs to look into this as a possibility that is taking
place for some users.
Don Pelotas
QUOTE(p2u @ 18.02.2009 20:48) *
Uhm... Of course, there may be a rootkit on the hard disc... Even deep formatting a couple of times may not remove that. Or he may install one that is included in one of the programs he reinstalls every time he reinstalls Windows. I'd suggest Bilal Hasan to replace the hard disc with a new one, install XP on it, and install a minimum of programs before he installs Kaspersky...
I'd also have a look at this.

Paul

Probably a lot closer to the truth and what i was aluding to, we're discussing a claim that Kaspersky now three times in a row has deleted vital system files and messed up the XP install...............now that does not happen with a clean system and over a 2 month periode.

Bilal, before you go and invest money in a new HD, then format your HD with something like Darik's boot & nuke:http://www.dban.org/, malware will not survive this if you use for example the DOD command or the gutman algoryhtm. If you then install XP fresh and immediately again see Kaspersky delete Windows system files, then you know something is very wrong and what is wrong is that you yourself somehow is reinfecting yourself.

So try that.
jimmy da saint
mad.gif I don't know what all of you are telling this guy that this doesn't happen.... I just got screwed by exactly the same situation. Exactly what he said happened to me. I just bought my product today and got rid of my CA antivirus. I have never had anything happen like this. I can't even get my PC into safe mode! All it does is tell me that it's loading my personal settings, then flashes my main screen, or the safe mode prep screen, then immediately goes and logs me off and states it's saving my settings. If what all of you are saying is true... then there should be a fix. Oh and by the way it'd be nice if the members of Geek Squad didn't tell you information about a product if they aren't aware. I have all of these issues, and because of the holiday tomorrow, I won't be able to do anything until Tuesday.
Knight Captain
Jimmy, try doing a Windows Repair Install to fix that. It seems one of your critical Windows files is gone, perhaps UserInit.exe?

Then if you can post your Protection and Scan logs, we can see what happened.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.