Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Win32:PcClient-OD [Trj]?
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Virus-related issues
PersonInTraining
I currently use two Anti-virus programs, one being Kaspersky, the other is Avast!. To my surprise Kaspersky did not identify the Trojan "Win32:PcClient-OD" that was found in C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP, while Avast did. With Avast I was able to successfully delete the suspected Trojan. I scanned my computer three times since doing so, and the scans have come back clean. Because Kaspersky did not find it, I'm wondering if it may have been a false positive, because I don't know how to identify a false positive. Also, if it was a real Trojan, although successfully deleted, should I worry that it may still be on hard-drive somewhere? I really would hate to reformat my drive over this.

Any help would be appreciated.
Lucian Bara
hello
actually that's a memory dmp file from when windows last crashed
PersonInTraining
QUOTE(Lucian Bara @ 6.11.2008 23:47) *
hello
actually that's a memory dmp file from when windows last crashed

Hi, sorry I posted the topic twice by the way. So it really was a false positive? This is a huge relief.
Lucian Bara
depends, it is the contents of the memory at that given time, but because the actual program is nowhere to be found...yes, probably a fp.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.