Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Block IP Address
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
fr600
Hello,

I have this small FTP server (personal) for my network. But one IP address is causing problems (downloading 247). I know firewalls can block/ban IP addresses but I don't know how I can do that with Kaspersky firewall.

Can anyone please point me to the right direction? A tutorial or something... ?

Thanks
Whizard
What makes you say its a Kaspersky? Also there is no separate Firewall anymore from KL. Can you tell us the exact product name and version you are using.
fr600
Well I'm not saying it's Kaspersky. What I meant is that I want to block this IP address from accessing my FTP server with Kasperky. I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security version 8 and by firewall I meant the one that comes with Kaspersky Internet Security.

I hope you got it now.

So, how can I block this IP address with Kaspersky Internet Security?
fr600
No reply yet? icon20.gif
Visconti12
Have you tried to exclude this 247 port from Network monitor in KIS?
(> Settings > Network > Monitor Select Port only ... check if your port is not there)
You can also add a rule in > Settings > System Security > Firewall > Settings > and add a rule to allow actions in 247 port.
fr600
Hahaha. 247 means 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. I mean that guy downloads continuously/non-stop wasting my bandwidth. The port is 21 (standard ftp port). I want to deny actions to an IP from accessing port 21. I've tried to add a rule and block access to the IP but it's not working. I mean he continues to download even though I blocked him. May be I did it wrong, I don't know. That's why I'm asking how I can accomplish what I want to...
RadarpSP
You can make that rule blocking any to that ip, but you must move up to set it the first rule.
fr600
Thanks a lot guys. It seems to be working now...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.