Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Quarantine folder
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
ameneses54
Dear users,
Basically I want to know where is Kasperskys quarantine folder and how do I quarantine malware?
Don Pelotas
You will find it on the main program window when you open it (Just click on the icon), plus it's also in the helpfile of the program.
ameneses54
QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 27.09.2008 17:07) *
You will find it on the main program window when you open it (Just click on the icon), plus it's also in the helpfile of the program.

Thanks for the reply.
I can't find anything on the main window that refers to "quarantine"
ameneses54
QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 27.09.2008 18:14) *

Thanks for the reply.
Main screen/ detected/quarantine (on the bottom of the screen).
If I click on quarantine a new window opens that enables me to "open" folders and in no way does it take me to the quarantine folder.
Now what do I do regarding my initial question?
Don Pelotas
That IS the quarantine folder and look at the link & you will notice how to add files. You can also just click on quarantine in the main window instead of going via detected.
ameneses54
QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 27.09.2008 21:15) *
That IS the quarantine folder and look at the link & you will notice how to add files. You can also just click on quarantine in the main window instead of going via detected.

What opens after choosing quarantine IS NOT AN SPECIFIC FOLDER, it s ANY FOLDER YOU WANT. Kaspersky must have a DEFAULT location. Where is it?
Whizard
C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP8\QB (Windows Vista - v2009)
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky\AVP7\QB (Windows XP - v7)

All files are encrypted with internal format, native to the application. You dont need a specific folder, you simply browse the file you want to manually quarantine.
Lucian Bara
when you press quarantine you get a window which allows you to choose which files you want to quarantine, in case you want to quarantine files manually if they have unkown threats for example or to send them to the lab
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.