Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Problems with Kaspersky
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
themcculleys
I am running Vista 64 bit and up until today, a full system scan has taken almost 2 hours. Now it is taking exactly 21 minutes.

I had to have my NEW computer worked on friday, was returned to me on saturday. The hard drive was formatted and had to start all over again. Today is the first day that I have run a scan myself as they did it yesterday before I picked it up.

I can't figure why all of a sudden it is taking so little time. Something is amiss and I have been trying all day to figure out what is going on.

Today I got the blue window of death, which is why I took it to Circuit City to begin with. They told me that the problem was with Kaspersky2009, I have the Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 which I purchase a couple weeks ago. Something is not right and after my install and them installing it, I seem to be still having problems. I got a window after the computer came up after the blue window. The window said it was caused by Kaspersky Anti virus which was created by Kaspersky lab.

This program is supposed to be compatible with 64 bit but now I am wondering. It shows that I have full protection but now I am wondering if maybe I am missing a comonent that did not install on the second install. All I know is that I ran NORTON for years and years and never had any problem with it. I am ready to pull my hair out.

richbuff
Best bet with bsod is to contact Support, link located at lower left of gui. Also, please create GSI log, upload it to the parser site http://gsi.kaspersky.fr/ and post link to GSI Report which may identify issue area, instructions see: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=36444
cobija
one thing. you said you FORMATTED youre drive. that means you cleared everything which means you basically have way less files. less files = less scanning time. also, be sure eevrything in checked for full scan except My Email (thats default)

hope this helped
Firestorm70
QUOTE(themcculleys @ 21.09.2008 19:10) *
I am running Vista 64 bit and up until today, a full system scan has taken almost 2 hours. Now it is taking exactly 21 minutes.

I had to have my NEW computer worked on friday, was returned to me on saturday. The hard drive was formatted and had to start all over again. Today is the first day that I have run a scan myself as they did it yesterday before I picked it up.

I can't figure why all of a sudden it is taking so little time. Something is amiss and I have been trying all day to figure out what is going on.

Today I got the blue window of death, which is why I took it to Circuit City to begin with. They told me that the problem was with Kaspersky2009, I have the Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 which I purchase a couple weeks ago. Something is not right and after my install and them installing it, I seem to be still having problems. I got a window after the computer came up after the blue window. The window said it was caused by Kaspersky Anti virus which was created by Kaspersky lab.
This program is supposed to be compatible with 64 bit but now I am wondering. It shows that I have full protection but now I am wondering if maybe I am missing a comonent that did not install on the second install. All I know is that I ran NORTON for years and years and never had any problem with it. I am ready to pull my hair out.

You formatted your computer that means everything has been deleted and cleaned out
all the junk files and whatever, so you have a lot less of it so that means when you do a scan
there is a lot less things that need to be scanned.

Can you make a GSI report http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=915
Visconti12
QUOTE(themcculleys @ 22.09.2008 01:10) *

Is this your first or second full scan?
Actually the iSwift and iChecker technologies make it shorter, while files/folders remains the same.
themcculleys
My Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 CD has been installed 3 times now since Sept 3. 2 time by me and once by Circuit City

My computer is almost 1 month, and HP Pavilion with 64 Bit Vista. I had to take it into the shop last friday and they ended up using my 3 system recover discs.

They also installed Kaspersky for me as I had taken the CD with me and the computer to them!

I have been having problems with Kaspersky since the get go, and today I got a window telling me I was not protected on the internet, or something along those lines.

To make a long story short, I unistalled the whole thing and reinstalled a while ago. All "seems" well except when I got to the control panel and look under start up programs, Kaspersky is NOT listed. I am certain it was there before. I DO have Windows Defender disabled as a start up program (it has been a pain in my side ever since installing Kaspersky 2009)

Can someone tell me if Kaspersky should be in my start up programs??? I tried to "pin it' to the start up and it won't work.

Also do I need to contact Kaspersky to tell them I have installed this on the same computer 3 times, not on 3 different computers???

Thanks in advance
G
richbuff
// "today I got a window telling me I was not protected on the internet, or something along those lines.''
Please provide more description and/or a screenshot.

//"when I got to the control panel and look under start up programs, Kaspersky is NOT listed.'
Do you mean Control Panel > Programs and features > Uninstall or change program?

//"Also do I need to contact Kaspersky to tell them I have installed this on the same computer 3 times, not on 3 different computers?'
No. Uninstall and reinstall does not burn a user. Simply make sure it is not installed on more PC's than you are licensed for, at any given time.
themcculleys
Here is where I am wondering why Kaspersky is not working

Start
Control Panel
Programs
"Change startup programs"

Kaspersky is not listed here and I was certain it used to be. Windows Defender is listed but I do have it disabled at start up, however it shows it to be running anyway!

Second Question would be"
Should I go ahead and let Defender do a computer scan as well as Kaspersky Internet Security 2009. I do have the Windows firewall disabled as I was told not to have 2 firewalls running at the same time.

Sorry for all the questions, I am new to Vista and new to Kaspersky
G
richbuff
I have Windows Defender service disabled, so when I click that, I see no items listed. If your K icon is red, not gray, and the Kaspersky window shows green areas, not red areas, then all is well. You can do occasional on demand scans with Windows Defender.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.