Help - Search - Members
Full Version: kaspersky Update Servers
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
BadDaddy
Hey, Can any one list me all the kaspersky update servers?? My OEM K always picks up test servers of K while downloading the updates.
Thnx
Killhippie
How do you know they are test servers?
BadDaddy
because while updating it shows:

dnl-test1-kaspersky-labs.com

as my update servers...
Killhippie
QUOTE(BadDaddy @ 24.08.2008 07:36) *
because while updating it shows:

dnl-test1-kaspersky-labs.com

as my update servers...

have changed the update servers over? Mine is not doing this. Is kaspersky set to update from normal servers?
BadDaddy
yes... its an OEM version... i have reinstalled (clean using K remover) and it is happening in all of my K system having OEM version. So just post the ftp/hhtp address of K update servers
richbuff
QUOTE(BadDaddy)
because while updating it shows: dnl-test1-kaspersky-labs.com as my update servers...

To revert to normal update servers, see the instructions in post # 11 of this: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&am...st&p=698678
BadDaddy
i dont think it will solve my problem... coz i had done that already earlier.... nd then i found K update server list from some where on K website... and now i am not able to find them... (next till i mark the link...) so ny other ideas???? or shall i simply put.. pls provide me list of K servers thats it... i will just add them nd bingo.. my probs r over...
Killhippie
QUOTE(BadDaddy @ 24.08.2008 07:53) *
i dont think it will solve my problem... coz i had done that already earlier.... nd then i found K update server list from some where on K website... and now i am not able to find them... (next till i mark the link...) so ny other ideas???? or shall i simply put.. pls provide me list of K servers thats it... i will just add them nd bingo.. my probs r over...

doing what is suugested in post 11 will sort the issue out, I take it you have a beta update source selected? untick that, disable self defence, delete C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP8\Data\updcfg.xml update and reboot.then delete the beta update server from your update list if you have it there. re enable self defence of course.
BadDaddy
nope... i havent beta update servers ticked... all that is is ticked and existed is K Lab Update Servers.
Killhippie
QUOTE(BadDaddy @ 24.08.2008 08:00) *
nope... i havent beta update servers ticked... all that is is ticked and existed is K Lab Update Servers.

Then follow the advice above delete C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP8\Data\updcfg.xml it deletes the file of update servers and when you update again it updates them as normal. smile.gif
BadDaddy
k.. m tryin it yet again...
Killhippie
QUOTE(BadDaddy @ 24.08.2008 08:10) *
k.. m tryin it yet again...
or manually add http://dnl-01.geo.kaspersky.com untick kaspersky servers and try updating using that then after untick it and delete it leaving normal K servers after.
BadDaddy
thnks Killhippie... its working now... but K still downloading from some downloads server:

Update source is selected http://downloads2.kaspersky-labs.com/ 24/08/2008 12:49:02

and i presume they are somewhat right servers.... though i have added the server you stated to it also...

thnks yet again....
Killhippie
QUOTE(BadDaddy @ 24.08.2008 08:19) *
thnks Killhippie... its working now... but K still downloading from some downloads server:

Update source is selected http://downloads2.kaspersky-labs.com/ 24/08/2008 12:49:02

and i presume they are somewhat right servers.... though i have added the server you stated to it also...

thnks yet again....

make sure you delete the one I gave you to be added, keep K labs one ticked and keep setting on detect automatically, try rebooting to make sure all is ok smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.