Help - Search - Members
Full Version: [Merged]Kaspersky Virtual Keyboard
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
John R
Just installed Kaspersky Internet Suite on my Dell laptop, and now when I use my remote control with my DVB-T television USB dongle, I get the "Kaspersky Virtual Keyboard" come up! So my TV remote control is now useless for anything other than the volume control.

Any suggestions?
Lucian Bara
hello
unfortuntly, there is a shortcut key for it, and it probably matches the shortcut key used for the dongle. can't you change it?
John R
QUOTE(Lucian Bara @ 31.07.2008 17:30) *
hello
unfortuntly, there is a shortcut key for it, and it probably matches the shortcut key used for the dongle. can't you change it?

It's OK Lucian, it's a cheap DVB-T dongle and it has no configuration of the remote buttons in the rather limited software that comes with it! Or did you mean change the shortcut key for the Kaspersky Virtual Keyboard? If you know how I could do that, that would be a plan :-)
Lucian Bara
sorry for getting back so late. i meant on the dongle. i don't think there's a way to do it for VK short of disabling it compleatly, but i'll ask about it.
John R
QUOTE(Lucian Bara @ 4.08.2008 20:55) *
sorry for getting back so late. i meant on the dongle. i don't think there's a way to do it for VK short of disabling it compleatly, but i'll ask about it.

Lucian, I can add something that might help with resolving this:

I use the DVB-T dongle to watch television on my laptop which is running Windows MCE 2000, and has the problem with the VK appearing when using the remote. But if I put the dongle on to my desktop PC running Windows XP Pro (SP3), the remote works successfully.

Both laptop and PC have the same version of Kaspersky loaded. So, it seems the problem is just with any machine running Windows Media Center - which is a bit unfortunate, as this is the one I want it to work on huh.gif !

Over to you...
John R
QUOTE(John R @ 6.08.2008 12:28) *
Lucian, I can add something that might help with resolving this:

I use the DVB-T dongle to watch television on my laptop which is running Windows MCE 2000, and has the problem with the VK appearing when using the remote. But if I put the dongle on to my desktop PC running Windows XP Pro (SP3), the remote works successfully.

Both laptop and PC have the same version of Kaspersky loaded. So, it seems the problem is just with any machine running Windows Media Center - which is a bit unfortunate, as this is the one I want it to work on huh.gif !

Over to you...

Lucian,

Did you find out whether the virtual keyboard part of Kapersky can be switched off? It's really beginning to bug me now, keeps coming up in all sorts of applications mad.gif . BTW, the version of MCE is 2005, not 2000.

Cheers

John.
John R
Can anyone tell me how to switch off or remove the Kapersky Virtual Keyboard? I am fed up to the back teeth with it appearing all the time when I run various applications mad.gif ; I don't need it, I never had this problem when running ZoneAlarm and beginning to wish I hadn't changed to Kapersky...
BadDaddy
nope... you cant disable it... infact it is already disabled.. until you choose to open it.. or you accidentally click on its shortcut key..
John R
QUOTE(BadDaddy @ 21.08.2008 09:53) *
nope... you cant disable it... infact it is already disabled.. until you choose to open it.. or you accidentally click on its shortcut key..

... or you're using some video-editing software, or a DVB-T dongle remote, or Serif PagePlus, or a few other lesser known applications...
richbuff
Have you contacted Support? It would be great if it was forum-resolvable, but, after a couple of threads, it appears that it possibly may not be. Support link is located at lower left of program interface.
John R
QUOTE(richbuff @ 22.08.2008 01:37) *
Have you contacted Support? It would be great if it was forum-resolvable, but, after a couple of threads, it appears that it possibly may not be. Support link is located at lower left of program interface.

OK, will do. If they can provide a resolution, I'll post a final message.
mbrman
HI! I have KIS 2009, and have tried MANY times to utilize the VK option. I go to a web page, and open KIS and do get the VK up, I put the curser in the fields where I need to type my Id or Password, and then start typing on the VK, however, nothing shows up in the fields. I have tried this on many sites, and it does not work.

Anyone else have this issue, or what am I doing wrong??

Thanks!
Lucian Bara
hello
which build (8.0.x.xxx) and which browser?
mbrman
hi

the version is: 8.0.0. 454

Yahoo/AT&T browser
Ta Xuan Truong
Did Kaspersky Support response your request? I've also got problem with this feature when I using Microsoft Word.
WickedGirl
Sheesh! NOW I have this problem in reverse. I just upgraded (in place upgrade) from Vista Business to Vista Ultimate (which adds media center). My virtual keyboard now will open when clicked, but will not enter any characters at all when used. Since I bought KIS for this feature, I am a little miffed. Anyone know how to fix?
WickedGirl
Same problem here. Firefox 3.03 and KIS 2009 (8.0.0.454 (a.cool.gif) trial version. It worked until I performed an in-place upgrade from Vista Business x64 to Vista Ultimate x64. The in-place Windows upgrade also borked the trial activation, which had 9 days left on it. It made me reset it and start over, with all items in KIS working except Virtual Keyboard.
Don Pelotas
Try to uninstall with the tool:http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279752, then reboot and reinstall.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.