Help - Search - Members
Full Version: KIS 14 is not removing AwesomeHP malware
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
Mugen H
Hi,

I have the latest updated version of KIS 14 on my Windows 7 OS. Recently a malware has infected my system and it has been changing my browsers's home pages to their awesomehp website. I tried doing a scan using KIS but it didn't detect any malware prescence.

I googled for ways to uninstall this malware and tried removing it manually but after every restart it comes back again. Can you please tell me whether this malware is detected by KIS and if not are there any plans to add support for it? Also, what should be my next steps?

Thanks,
Mugen

PS. I tried running the GetSystemInfo tool. It's been 47 minutes and it still hasn't started yet.
Der Moloch
From what I've gathered this is adware and not real malware (although, from a personal point of view, I don't make that distinction). Kaspersky probably won't do anything about it, because the policy regarding this kind of software differs a lot from vendor to vendor and is primarily determined by their legal counsel.

After a quick search I have found this removal guide:

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=84003

edit: del link to God knows what external instructions.
richbuff
Welcome. Kaspersky Settings > Additional > Threats and exclusions > Detection types > Settings > enable Other > ok>ok,
and do a databases update > reboot, then do a scan.

After that, uninstall any recently installed junk > reboot.

After that, uninstall any and all junk toolbars > reboot.

Uninstall/disable any and all junk browser add-ons and extensions in all of your browsers.

Remove any and all junk search providers in all of your browsers.

Then if need be, change your home page, in all of your browsers.

If still no go, please see: Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Virus-related issues > the first Important topic. There, you will find instructions for logs.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.