Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0 causes Windows Shut Down
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
bronman
Hi,

I have recently installed KIS 7.0. When I download something new, the next time I start the PC it shuts down and the reason is because of KIS 7.0. Do I need any tools etc to avoid this problem? What do I need to do and how do I go about it? I recently installed upgrades on iTunes and KIS 7.0 caused the PC to shut down three times.
Please help as this is no good.
Many thanks....
Don Pelotas
1. Click here to download the GetSystemInfo tool

2. Unzip & next run getsysteminfo.exe., choose where you wish to save the text file... the desktop is the easy choice.

3. Click here to upload your GetSystemInfo log. (Note: It’s not a requirement to register)

4. Now copy and paste the link to the log you have just made into your next post in this thread.
bronman
QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 13.07.2008 16:51) *
1. Click here to download the GetSystemInfo tool

2. Unzip & next run getsysteminfo.exe., choose where you wish to save the text file... the desktop is the easy choice.

3. Click here to upload your GetSystemInfo log. (Note: It’s not a requirement to register)

4. Now copy and paste the link to the log you have just made into your next post in this thread.

bronman
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I use Windows Vista Home Premium. Have downloaded and saved the GetSystemInfoTool on the desktop. Not sure how and where to paste the GetSystemInfo log. The blue screen comes on with the message, then something about a dump and next the PC shuts down. What happens once I have downloaded the GetSystemInfo tool? Will it solve the problem of the blue screen and PC shut down or do I have to do something with the tool?
I am not very PC literate hence find this technical stuff not easy to understand. Apologies for being a pain. Kaspersky is driving me nuts with this shut down. Never had any problem with the previous Anti Virus software.
Thanks for your help.

DonKid
bronman,
Please follow Don´s advice on post 2 and put your GSI link here.
bronman
QUOTE(DonKid @ 13.07.2008 22:40) *
bronman,
Please follow Don´s advice on post 2 and put your GSI link here.

Hi,

Will not let me attach link as it says 413 Request Entity Too Large.
What do I do now?

Don Pelotas
Read what is posted...........................you don't attach the file here, you link to the uploaded file...which you upload to:http://gsi.kaspersky.fr/, next copy the address and post it here.
bronman
QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 14.07.2008 19:11) *
Read what is posted...........................you don't attach the file here, you link to the uploaded file...which you upload to:http://gsi.kaspersky.fr/, next copy the address and post it here.

Hi,

Sorry to be such an idiot. Please tell me what address I have to copy and paste here. I have followed the two steps in your first email,. What is the uploaded file I have linked to and how do I copy and paste the address.
I am not very computer literate, rather pretty ignorant.

Thanks for your help....

http://gsi.kaspersky.fr/lire.php?hl=en&...4c07777cf8bc0b#
Don Pelotas
First of all you still running Norton, so do this please......step by step, print this out:

Download these: Norton removaltool and Regsupreme.

Uninstall Kaspersky, Norton 360, Liveupdate and also Windows Live Favorites....... then reboot and do this:

1. Install Regsupreme.
2. Use search to find/delete any files/folders left of Norton AV using the words Symantec & Norton.
3. Run the Norton removaltool.
4. Use Regsupreme, run it (use normalmode only, not aggressive), when finished scanning you rightclick and select "All", then you click "Fix" at the bottom, it will ask you if you wish to make a backup and you do, just to be safe.
5. Reinstall Kaspersky.....this time install version 2009: http://www.kaspersky.com/productupdates, use the express install option.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.