Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Admin Kit update
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Business
Sebastien - It-In-Motion
Hi,

We've been encountering on several servers in our control the following problem that after a period of +- 2 tot 3 weeks we receive mem. errors: event viewer states: 'unable to allocate from the system nonpaged pool because the pool was empty'
This has been happening after installing the kasp. suite.
On this forum i found someone with same problems that states that in the English support they had a fix and that the problem was with the Admin. Kit.
Since I've checked and my admin kit was version 1572 i've upgraded to 1592. I first made backup and then comes the problem. I'd tried restoring the backup but it gives me follwing error:

C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Administration Kit>klbackup -path d:\bu\klbackup2008-06-20#07-40-12 -restore -password XXXXX
Starting klbackup utility
Initializing DCOM...OK
Initializing basic libraries...OK
Checking arguments...OK
Openning SCM...OK
Stopping service 'KLNagent'...OK
Stopping service 'CSAdminServer'...OK
Checking backup paths...OK
Reading server settings from file 'd:\bu\klbackup2008-06-20#07-40-12\srvinfo.dat
' ...OK
Checking server version...OK
Reading server SSL settings...OK
Reading certificate data from file 'd:\bu\klbackup2008-06-20#07-40-12\certinfo.dat' ...OK
Decrypting stored certificate and private key...OK
Acquiring SQL server connection name and DB name...OK
Connecting to the database server...OK
Replacing db 'KAV' from 'd:\bu\klbackup2008-06-20#07-40-12\kavsqldb.bkp'...FAILED - error code 1950 ('Generic db error: "Database error: code = 3013, message='IDispatch error #3092', description='The backed-up database has on-disk structure version 611. The server supports version 539 and cannot restore or upgrade this database.
The backed-up database has on-disk structure version 611. The server supports version 539 and cannot restore or upgrade this database.
RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally.', source='Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server', GUID='{0C733A63-2A1C-11CE-ADE5-00AA0044773D}', Las')
Starting service CSAdminServer...OK
Starting service KLNagent...OK

So my question is how can i still restore my backup and will this eventually solve my first problem.
Thank you

Sebastien
IT in Motion
Tiago Capoano
QUOTE(Sebastien - It-In-Motion @ 23.06.2008 18:30) *
Hi,

We've been encountering on several servers in our control the following problem that after a period of +- 2 tot 3 weeks we receive mem. errors: event viewer states: 'unable to allocate from the system nonpaged pool because the pool was empty'
This has been happening after installing the kasp. suite.
On this forum i found someone with same problems that states that in the English support they had a fix and that the problem was with the Admin. Kit.
Since I've checked and my admin kit was version 1572 i've upgraded to 1592. I first made backup and then comes the problem. I'd tried restoring the backup but it gives me follwing error:

C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Administration Kit>klbackup -path d:\bu\klbackup2008-06-20#07-40-12 -restore -password XXXXX
Starting klbackup utility
Initializing DCOM...OK
Initializing basic libraries...OK
Checking arguments...OK
Openning SCM...OK
Stopping service 'KLNagent'...OK
Stopping service 'CSAdminServer'...OK
Checking backup paths...OK
Reading server settings from file 'd:\bu\klbackup2008-06-20#07-40-12\srvinfo.dat
' ...OK
Checking server version...OK
Reading server SSL settings...OK
Reading certificate data from file 'd:\bu\klbackup2008-06-20#07-40-12\certinfo.dat' ...OK
Decrypting stored certificate and private key...OK
Acquiring SQL server connection name and DB name...OK
Connecting to the database server...OK
Replacing db 'KAV' from 'd:\bu\klbackup2008-06-20#07-40-12\kavsqldb.bkp'...FAILED - error code 1950 ('Generic db error: "Database error: code = 3013, message='IDispatch error #3092', description='The backed-up database has on-disk structure version 611. The server supports version 539 and cannot restore or upgrade this database.
The backed-up database has on-disk structure version 611. The server supports version 539 and cannot restore or upgrade this database.
RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally.', source='Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server', GUID='{0C733A63-2A1C-11CE-ADE5-00AA0044773D}', Las')
Starting service CSAdminServer...OK
Starting service KLNagent...OK
So my question is how can i still restore my backup and will this eventually solve my first problem.
Thank you

Sebastien
IT in Motion

Give us more informations about the old database... is a SQL Server?
What database you install now?

wicked
please install your previous Kapersky Admin Kit version 1572 and restore again, it seems that you created a backup of KAK version 1572, restoring a backup of version 1572 to KAK version 1592 will have some problems. b_punk.gif
Sebastien - It-In-Motion
If I reinstall 1572 and restore.. can I then upgrade to the 1592. We really would like to solve the memory problem. That is our only problem need solving. If KAK is 1572 or 1592 doesn't mather for us... Thank you,
Sebastien
lolipok
QUOTE(Sebastien - It-In-Motion @ 24.06.2008 14:49) *
If I reinstall 1572 and restore.. can I then upgrade to the 1592. We really would like to solve the memory problem. That is our only problem need solving. If KAK is 1572 or 1592 doesn't mather for us... Thank you,
Sebastien

Hi,

Yes you can upgrade kaspersky administration kit 6.0.1572 to 6.0.1591.

1- Re-install Kaspersky Administration Kit 6.0.1572
2- Restore the backup
3- Install Kaspersky Administration Kit 6.0.1591 on top of current version.

Good luck.

Regards,
lolipok
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.