Help - Search - Members
Full Version: I can't update my virus database
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Virus-related issues
pinkcoco
I don't know why can't update. When I click update, it updates then after reaching like 60% or so it stops. I don't know why. Please help me
Lucian Bara
hello
post a screenshot of the update report. which build are you using: 8.0.x.xxx?
pinkcoco
skorzeny
QUOTE(pinkcoco @ 15.06.2008 10:45) *
I don't know why can't update. When I click update, it updates then after reaching like 60% or so it stops. I don't know why. Please help me

Me too!!!
Whay????
pinkcoco
yea.. oh so why????
skorzeny
QUOTE(pinkcoco @ 15.06.2008 11:14) *
yea.. oh so why????

I dont know, update until 99% and wait and wait................ wait...

pinkcoco
QUOTE(skorzeny @ 15.06.2008 19:16) *
I dont know, update until 99% and wait and wait................ wait...

is it a bug or something??When it stops updating a message box will appear telling me that my database is not updated! Hello?? It just did! Can someone help us please??
Sjoeii
Is it the .402 or the 357 version you have installed?
Lucian Bara
apparently it can't connect to the update source, this could be because of server load, or some program blocking it (is windows firewall disabled, is nvidia's Network access manager installed - if so nuinstall it)
pinkcoco
QUOTE(Sjoeii @ 15.06.2008 19:30) *
Is it the .402 or the 357 version you have installed?

SunBlack
Update works fine on my PC (Build 402). He finished after 34 seconds (43 events).

Server: dnl-eu3.kaspersky-lab.com

Maybe try to define manually the updateserver?

€2: @pinkcoco: I see your update was successfully? Only 6:07 was a problem. But after this it works...
hermital
QUOTE(pinkcoco @ 15.06.2008 06:20) *
is it a bug or something??When it stops updating a message box will appear telling me that my database is not updated! Hello?? It just did! Can someone help us please??

The screenshot you posted shows that your network or ISP is having serious connectivity problems. Contact your ISP and see if they can resolve it.
pinkcoco
QUOTE(SunBlack @ 15.06.2008 19:41) *
Update works fine on my PC (Build 402). He finished after 34 seconds (43 events).

€2: @pinkcoco: I see your update was successfully? Only 6:07 was a problem. But after this it works...

how to update manualy? where can I get 402?
SunBlack
Settings->Update->Settings->Source->Add

there write in the source field: http://dnl-eu3.kaspersky-lab.com ->OK and then activate only the checkbox before the new field (disable Kaspersky Lab's update servers)

But I think, you don't need it, because your last update was successfully wink.gif.

@402: You found it on beta servers. If you have a commercial key, use the published 357 instead of 402 wink.gif. In next time 357 becam hotfix c. imho you have then the same like the 402 build wink.gif.

PS: imho 402 use same update routines like 357, so it don't solve your problems wink.gif.
pinkcoco
QUOTE(SunBlack @ 15.06.2008 20:29) *
Settings->Update->Settings->Source->Add

there write in the source field: http://dnl-eu3.kaspersky-lab.com ->OK and then activate only the checkbox before the new field (disable Kaspersky Lab's update servers)

But I think, you don't need it, because your last update was successfully wink.gif.

@402: You found it on beta servers. If you have a commercial key, use the published 357 instead of 402 wink.gif. In next time 357 becam hotfix c. imho you have then the same like the 402 build wink.gif.

PS: imho 402 use same update routines like 357, so it don't solve your problems wink.gif.

i already did what you said but when I update it stopped after A second icon20.gif
On the report it said that files are corrupted..
Baldrick
QUOTE(SunBlack @ 15.06.2008 12:41) *

Same here with 402; circa 35 seconds and showing the 11:24:00 time for the main Malware element!

Sounds like you have a corruption somewhere. You could therefore try the following:

Disable Kaspersky's Self-Defense (Settings>Options)
Click Settings>Update>Settings... make sure that you untick any server links other than "Kaspersky Lab's update server" one, if you have added any yourself.
Go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP8\Data
Delete or rename updcfg.xml and u0607g.xml (my preference is to rename to updcfg - date.xml and u0607g - date.xml
Update Kaspersky
Enable Self-Defense again (Settings>Options)

That may work by clearing any corruption that you may have with the list of sources, etc.

Worth a try IMHO!
pinkcoco
finally I finished the update up to 100% but still it says that my database is not updated why is that so?
Lucian Bara
your date is wrong, it was 15.07 so July. It's June
pinkcoco
QUOTE(Lucian Bara @ 17.06.2008 18:53) *
your date is wrong, it was 15.07 so July. It's June

Finally!! Haha thanks for reminding me.. my system date is July not June.. stupid me!!
Hehe thank you so much!!!
ikanku15
Hi all,
I am having this problem on my antivirus database update. the attachment file is the screen shot of the update windows, which doest show any % progress at all.

why is this happen? i am using Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0 in winxp environment.
richbuff
Welcome. Please post screenshot of update report. Check for: system date/time correct, license not expired, using regular Kaspersky update servers, any sign of malware. What build number?
ikanku15
hi richbuff,
my update screen shot is in the attachment file..

my system date/ time is September, 2008
lisence key will expired on 8/8/2009
and build number is 7.0.1.325 (it is the application version number.. is it correct?)
ikanku15
previously it can be automatically update.. however due to no internet connection, i download the update database from kaspersky website and then i changed the update -> setting -> source to the selected location.

the problem occurs when i get the internet connection, i cannot update my kaspersky antivirus database..
richbuff
To update from the internet again, revert to all default update settings. Additional tab > uncheck Update distribution folder. See: http://www.kaspersky.com/support/kis7/update?qid=208279387 and revert from what is shown.
ikanku15
hi richbuff,

i still cant manage to run the updates. after following the given steps in the tutorials. it still shows the same screenshot. help me.. sad.gif
richbuff
Please navigate to Reports > and then find the most recent update report and post screenshot of update Report. Also, please create GSI log, upload it to the parser site http://gsi.kaspersky.fr/ and post link to GSI Report which may identify issue area, instructions see: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=36444
ikanku15
hi richbuff,
i hv done the gsi parser and find out that i hv installed 'spyware terminator' software which cause the system cannot being update. however, after i remove the program, still the same problem occurs.. guide me.

tyia!
saly
QUOTE(ikanku15 @ 4.09.2008 15:49) *
hi richbuff,
i hv done the gsi parser and find out that i hv installed 'spyware terminator' software which cause the system cannot being update. however, after i remove the program, still the same problem occurs.. guide me.

tyia!

maybe there is some remains of ST, you should post link for parser analysis here or try to find remains by yourself in analysis...
ikanku15
hi all,
this is the link of the parser analysis. here
DonKid
Try this:

Uninstall version 7.
Uninstall Norton's leftovers reading this topic.
Install SP3.
Install the latest version of KAV.
richbuff
Malware has disabled updating. Please post AVZ log: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=69276
simzasama
hye

actually i hv the same prob. i cant update my databases and im using kaspersky anti-virus 7.0. here's my avz log. help will be much appreciated. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
richbuff
QUOTE(simzasama)
hye...

Welcome. Run this script
CODE
begin
SetAVZGuardStatus(True);
SearchRootkit(true, true);
QuarantineFile('C:\WINDOWS\system32\kxvo.exe','');
QuarantineFile('C:\WINDOWS\system32\ckvo.exe','');
QuarantineFile('C:\WINDOWS\system32\fool0.dll','');
QuarantineFile('C:\WINDOWS\system32\ckvo0.dll','');
DeleteFile('C:\WINDOWS\system32\ckvo0.dll');
DeleteFile('C:\WINDOWS\system32\fool0.dll');
DeleteFile('C:\WINDOWS\system32\ckvo.exe');
DeleteFile('C:\WINDOWS\system32\kxvo.exe');
BC_ImportDeletedList;
ExecuteSysClean;
BC_Activate;
RebootWindows(true);
end.

Do an update after running the script. If still no go, uninstall Kaspersky > reboot > reinstall Kaspersky > reboot > update.
simzasama
if i reinstall, will my license be gone? or can i still use it?
richbuff
You simply activate with the Activation Code that you have handy. Un and re install will not burn a user. Just don't have the program installed on more PC's than you are licensed for, at the same time.
simzasama
it works. thxx soo mu ay.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.