Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Help! windows won't boot after install
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
Raidalg
My problem is that on a new install of XP with the kaspersky security suite installed, when I turn on "start anti-hacker at startup" and reboot, the PC locks during the WINXP boot screen. I have fully uninstalled all kaspersy software, run the kasperky registry cleaner program, and manually searched and deleted any reference to kaspersky or KAV in the registry. After rebooting, I reinstall the suite and the PC locks up on reboot. I have redone this multiple times trying with and without the IDS/netowrk protection on, and cannot get the suite working again. From the looks of it, once you enable the "start antihacker at startup option, it does something to windows XP that is not undone when I uninstall. Can anyone tell me what this option does to my PC and how to undo it?
Don Pelotas
Hi Raidalg & welcome

You should try to install the 1.1.53 version of the suite (i'm assuming this is the version you have tried to install) without anti-hacker and install the previous version 1.7.130 instead.

Before you install i would run both the KAV_Registry_Clean again & KAH_Rem. smile.gif

P.s. You can download documentation to antihacker here.
Raidalg
Thansk for the quick reply!! I'll try this right now.

QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ Dec 11 2005, 09:08 AM)
Hi Raidalg & welcome

You should try to install the 1.1.53 version of the suite (i'm assuming this is the version you have tried to install) without anti-hacker and install the previous version 1.7.130 instead.

Before you install i would run both the KAV_Registry_Clean again & KAH_Rem. smile.gif

P.s. You can download documentation to antihacker here.
Raidalg
It didn't work. I ran the utilities you recommended, installed the 1.53 version of the suite without the antihacker, and installed the older version of antihacker. on reboot, it still locked. Any other ideas? My family is getting tired of not seeing me while I'm working on this smile.gif
Don Pelotas
Have you tried not to enable "Launch the security system when operating system starts"?

Also you have disabled the Windows firewall right? smile.gif
Raidalg
The windows firewall is off and I can't get into the screen to select or unselect the option you asked about. The PC locks up on reboot after installing the program and KAH wont run in safe mode. I wish I did have some way of turning off this option though.
Don Pelotas
QUOTE(Raidalg @ Dec 11 2005, 05:46 PM)
The windows firewall is off and I can't get into the screen to select or unselect the option you asked about.  The PC locks up on reboot after installing the program and KAH wont run in safe mode.  I wish I did have some way of turning off this option though.

I see, it is off default, so i thought you had already been into the settings to enable it.

I think you should contact support:http://www.kaspersky.com/support with your details (ordernumber, description of problem etc), plus perhaps a link to this thread.

Sorry i couldn't be of more help. smile.gif
Raidalg
Thanks for your help. I made a ghost image of my installation yesterday just before installing the suite after screwing with this for a week and not finding a solution. I have since installed a bunch of programs and didn't want to have to do that again. Long story short, I restored the image and reinstalled the suite and its working. I won't be going near that setting in KAH though smile.gif

I did contact support about this five days ago and they have been terrible at emailing me back. I get a reply about every two days from them asking questions I already gave them answers to in the original email. I'm glad its working now and I hope they fix this before someone lese gets caught up with it.

FYI as a weird aside, I found that if I uninstall my video drivers in safe mode while the suite is installed and locking up, the PC will boot ok. Somehow, this is related to my ATI video drivers. I even tried the last 5 releases of the drivers and they all lock the PC with kaspersky suite installed. Weird.

Thanks again for your help. I'm off to reinstall EQ2 and all my other apps again.
Don Pelotas
You're welcome. Video drivers are known offenders btw. The "funny" thing is that i use ATI video drivers too and have not seen anything like it, weird. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.