Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Can't access network
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
barrage
Hi all,

Along with the various problems described, I have one that does not appear to be mentioned, although I did not read the whole forum. Since last week, Kaspersky does not let me access any mapped network drives. This problem is not restricted to my own PC as I have several customers with a fair number of computers exhibiting the same problem.

I updated to KIS 7.0.1.325 and just now updated the databases, and the problem still occurs. To provide service, I have had to turn off KIS firewall and turn on Windows Firewall.

The problem was referred last Friday, and to date no resolution. I submitted sysinfo FWIW since problem clearly is widespread. icon20.gif

When can we expect a solution?

Al
Whizard
Each solution is different due to different configurations of software/hardware.
What sort of an error message you get? Try the following

1) Post your GSI Log (http://gsi.kaspersky.fr)
2) In your Zone Settings switch your subnet into "Local Area"
3) Make sure you Windows permissions are correct (NTFS + Share)
4) Ensure your PCs are on the same WORKGROUP

Reboot your machine.
barrage
QUOTE(barrage @ 22.04.2008 00:00) *
Hi all,

Along with the various problems described, I have one that does not appear to be mentioned, although I did not read the whole forum. Since last week, Kaspersky does not let me access any mapped network drives. This problem is not restricted to my own PC as I have several customers with a fair number of computers exhibiting the same problem.

I updated to KIS 7.0.1.325 and just now updated the databases, and the problem still occurs. To provide service, I have had to turn off KIS firewall and turn on Windows Firewall.

The problem was referred last Friday, and to date no resolution. I submitted sysinfo FWIW since problem clearly is widespread. icon20.gif

When can we expect a solution?

Al

barrage
QUOTE(Whizard @ 22.04.2008 02:46) *
Each solution is different due to different configurations of software/hardware.

Reboot your machine.

Hi Whizzard,

1) I uploaded my GSI file as requested
2) Zone settings are correct
3) Windows permissions are shared with Read Write access on some, Full Control on others
4) PC's are on the same network, in fact I can't even access a shared drive on my own PC.

All these shares have been working well for more than a year. Only since last week, have I had these problems and disabling Kaspersky resolves it.
I have numerous PC's experiencing the same problem, all Win XP and all problems resolved the same way.

I was told by support last week that they knew of the problem and a fix was supposed to be out last Friday. Still not working.

Thanks,
Al

richbuff
Does your parsed gsi report show need to update Network Adapters?
Kaspesky
I am having exactly the same problem. I try to access network drives and get "the local device name is already in use" etc. However only one PC is affected (XP) and this can not even access a shared drive on the same computer. If I close Kaspersky the drives are accessible again and remain so if I then restart Kaspersky. Never had this problem until last week. Very annoying. dash1.gif

Please Help
barrage
QUOTE(richbuff @ 22.04.2008 03:45) *
Does your parsed gsi report show need to update Network Adapters?

Hi Richbuff,

The GSI report does not report any problems with network adapters. It does show a "Potentially Incompatible Software" in Symantec Symevent. (Used for PCAnywhere). I updated to the latest version, but it still reports it. This always worked before, and my option is not to delete PCAnywhere.

I was just able to access my drive properly once, then when I rebooted, I could not access it. I turned off Firewall and after accessing it with FW off, I was able to turn on FW and still access it. We'll see if this lasts more than a short time.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Al
barrage
Problem is back, same as before

Al
SuzanneH
QUOTE(barrage @ 22.04.2008 13:11) *
Problem is back, same as before

Al

I seem to be having the same problem. I upgraded to KIS 7.0.1.325 last week and since then have had problems accessing mapped network drives. It comes up with the message "An error occurred while reconnecting .... The local device name is already in use..."
I would be interested to hear if there is a permanent solution to this problem!

Suzanne
Angier
Hi,

can you try this way: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showt...st&p=616020

It helped in the german forum.

Regards,

Angier
TrueGreen
You might also look into IRPStackSize on the main comuter (xp), updating NIC drivers and disabling NDIS filter in "Network Connections">"Properties".
richbuff
QUOTE(Whizard @ 21.04.2008 16:46) *

Reboot your machine.

Do Not Disable NDIS Filter! Do the four items that Whizard stated above, first.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.