Help - Search - Members
Full Version: KAV Removal tool
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
Martin Palmieri
I downloaded 1.325 and have updated 1 of the boxes at home from 0.125.

I uninstalled 0.125 totally - keeping only the Activation Data. Afterwards I run the KAV removal tool and it said it couldn't find KAV or KIS. That's OK as I had uninstalled it previously without errors.

But I seem to remember that an older version of the removal tool used to remove some remnants - directories, registry entries -left behind even after a successfully uninstall.

BTW. version 1.325 looks good. No slowdowns so far. I'd be upgrading the rest of my home boxes next weekend.
skywalker
Hi, there's a way to force the removal of the remaining stuff (take a look here). Anyway, if you didn't experience any errors while uninstalling, you don't need it at all.
Martin Palmieri
Thanks, skywalker.

No. No problems at all. But the info in the linked article may come in handy for the next upgrades I'm planning to do.

Martin.
Anndim
Help - I've posted my problems on another thread. But now I'm in a position whereby I have no protection at all.

I've uninstalled Kaspersky Internet Security v.7.0 an have tried to install AVG (until I find what I want). But AGV says that I still have KIS on my system and recommends I get rid of it first.

I used the Start/Programs/Modify, Remove option. I've got Vista HP.

I've tried the removal tool but this says nothing found.

On the removal tool site it says:

If by some reasons the remove utility has not found the installed product in the OS and you are sure the product is installed and/or some modules still remain, then to skip product check, run the utility from the command prompt with the following syntax kavremover.exe [kav6 | kav7 | kis6 | kis7 | kav6fs | kav6wks]. For example if Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0 was installed on your PC in this case the command will look the following way kavremover.exe kis7.

I haven't a clue what this means. Can someone explain please?

Baz^^
Drop the removaltool into your c drive (right in the root, not in a folder)

Go to start menu and click "run"

In the run box, type in cmd and click OK.

You will get a black cmd prompt box pop up.

In that box, type in cd\ and hit enter

The cmd line should now read C:\>

Now input the text exactly as shown in the image below. (kavremover.exe kis7) and hit enter.
Anndim
Drop the removaltool into your c drive (right in the root, not in a folder)

Sorry - what does this mean please?
Baz^^
Sorry, let me be a bit clearer.

When you download the removal tool, download it into your C:\ drive, not "My Documents" or any other folder.

Like this:

Click to view attachment
Anndim
I "saved to disc" and it has appeared on my Desktop (like all my other downloads) - how can I move it to C:\ please? Or can I do a link to it?

Baz^^
Right click the file, select "copy"

Then double click on "My computer" (there will either be an icon on your desktop or on the start menu)

When "My computer" opens, double click the C drive to open it, and then right click and select "paste" to paste it into the C drive smile.gif
EPR35
Otherwise try

Download Kavremover in documents folder.
Extract archive
Start>run>type cmd.exe
enter
at the prompt type
cd documents\kavremover
enter
type kavremover.exe kis7
enter
Anndim
Mapkobka - following your instructions for the mo.

I copied the file to the C drive and did as you said in Run.

It said

'Kavremover.exe' is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file
Baz^^
have you unpacked kavremover.exe from the zip file?
Anndim
It's still a zipped file - does this matter?
Anndim
How do I unpack?
EPR35
Select zip folder>right click menu>extract>follow the wizard
Anndim
OK so now it's still on my Desktop and when I try to copy to the C drive, there is nothing in the "size" column. I ignored this and continued again with the black box cm bit and still got the same message.
EPR35
Try my instructions from the begining. It will work.
Anndim
Could I not just put a link to this in the black box?
Martin Palmieri
Running Kavremover from the command line as in "C:\Kavremover.exe Kis7" won't remove the activation data, right?
EPR35
Anndim
It's easy if you follow the steps from the begining.
Anndim
I've had trouble connecting after re-booting, but it worked!!!

EPR35 - thanks so much. I'm now downloading AVG so I'll be protected again. Phew!!
EPR35
I told you it was easy !
Glad to help you bs.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.