Help - Search - Members
Full Version: transfer licence to another computer ... help
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
Carlos Silva
Hello!

Sorry for my english but don"t talk better...

My question is simple:

- I buy a key (from a retail box) for 1 computer. If i buy a new computer, i can install the program in the new pc? What is the process. I can unistall from another pc or i need to buy another key?

- Are a limit of activations on the same pc? I format PC many times ... are some problem if i activate the program many times?

Thanks!
Don Pelotas
Just uninstall from the old pc before yoú use the code on the new pc when you install. There are a limit, but i have not reached it yet.
Carlos Silva
QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 10.02.2008 14:24) *
Just uninstall from the old pc before yoú use the code on the new pc when you install. There are a limit, but i have not reached it yet.

Thanks.

But, if i pass the limit of activations. What Happens?

Tks.
Don Pelotas
Then you have to contact support.
Carlos Silva
QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 10.02.2008 16:17) *
Then you have to contact support.

Okay! Thanks for your help.

But, in this case is possible transform the key that i buy to a key file, to evitate the constant activation of product? Or it's impossible because i buy a product from a retail store?

Thanks. rolleyes.gif
Don Pelotas
Carlos, it won't be a problem, you can convert to a key, but you're worrying over nothing, i never reached any limit and beta test all the time..................just don't use the code (or key) on more pc's than your license is for.
Carlos Silva
QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 10.02.2008 21:46) *
Carlos, it won't be a problem, you can convert to a key, but you're worrying over nothing, i never reached any limit and beta test all the time..................just don't use the code (or key) on more pc's than your license is for.

"Don Pelotas", tanks for your help ... i am really surprised with this product an forum ... and i can see that you are an expert in this software ...

I stay preocupated because the last software (Norton) that i use give many problems with the activation ... the key was blocked because i install the software many times on the same pc ... and to resolve the problem is very complicated ... you understand me?

For example, if i install the key to the Kaspersky servers 2 times a month ... is worrying?

If it is not asking too much what is the process to convert to the key file? If is really important ...

I trust in you ...

Compliments*
richbuff
QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 12.12.2007 11:06) *
The code will work the next time you need to reinstall................for example in case of a new HD. The question should instead be why convert if you do not need it? When you convert you:

1. Activate the license immediately, which all do not need to if they have another license they want use fully first etc etc.
2. Limit the versions the key can be used on.....for example 2 years keys bought for 5.0 cannot be used for 7.0, you have to swing by support for a new code/key....free of charge but you have to wait for it which in case of new versions naturally is longer because of many requests at these times. That in theory could be done by Kaspersky centrally by making such a move just a matter of updating the activation servers or done via the convertion to a key ................at that time!
3. The point is........if you convert now you only have that choice, you cannot go back so to speak.

Key file creator: https://activation.kaspersky.com/ If it wasn't a handy item, it wouldn't be in MAPKOBKA^^'s signature. biggrin.gif And, I agree with Don: I have only used Codes and have not had to work with Keys. wink.gif Number of activations: As far as I know, the limit has not been reached by any of the beta testers on this forum, who activate plenty of builds per month, and many more per year, so not to worry. Oh, and Whizard has stated that the limit is very high and hasn't been reached, so your all set. smile.gif
Carlos Silva
QUOTE(richbuff @ 11.02.2008 01:04) *
Key file creator: https://activation.kaspersky.com/ If it wasn't a handy item, it wouldn't be in MAPKOBKA^^'s signature. biggrin.gif And, I agree with Don: I have only used Codes and have not had to work with Keys. wink.gif Number of activations: As far as I know, the limit has not been reached by any of the beta testers on this forum, who activate plenty of builds per month, and many more per year, so not to worry. Oh, and Whizard has stated that the limit is very high and hasn't been reached, so your all set. smile.gif

Ok.

Thanks for your help.

I have more one question. If i use the key creator .... in future .. for activate the kaspersky ... i can use the activation code (for the internet activation)) or i only can use the created key file? Or Can i use the 2?

Thanks. tongue.gif
Whizard
You can always use both options.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.