Help - Search - Members
Full Version: How to Block Adobe Auto-Update using Kaspersky?
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
kegedean
Hi,

Does anyone know how to block auto-update by Adobe? It's really annoying and I think the updates do not change anything important anyway.
I tried to find the option where I can deactivate auto-update of my Adobe Acrobat 8, but I couldn't find it. I'm thinking to use Kaspersky to block it but I dont know how.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance smile.gif
rowantree
QUOTE(kegedean @ 29.01.2008 22:36) *
Hi,

Does anyone know how to block auto-update by Adobe? It's really annoying and I think the updates do not change anything important anyway.
I tried to find the option where I can deactivate auto-update of my Adobe Acrobat 8, but I couldn't find it. I'm thinking to use Kaspersky to block it but I dont know how.

Go into Firewall -> Configure -> Settings -> Rules for Applications and uncheck it or delete the entry for Adobe updater. It'll be in there. I can't mind what exactly it's called but I'm sure I did the same thing a month ago...

Cheers,
Rowantree

kegedean
QUOTE(rowantree @ 29.01.2008 17:43) *
Go into Firewall -> Configure -> Settings -> Rules for Applications and uncheck it or delete the entry for Adobe updater. It'll be in there. I can't mind what exactly it's called but I'm sure I did the same thing a month ago...

Cheers,
Rowantree

ow wow! thanks for the super quick reply! I love this forum!

I will go ahead and try it and I will post the results after couple days trying smile.gif
bradavon
It annoys me too and unlike older versions Adobe seem to have removed the "stop bugging me with your stupid updates, I don't want and never asked for" option.

Sadly it's not worked for me. I blocked ALL UDP and TCP ports from Adobe Updater a few months back but all this has done is prevented it from working (Great!) but it still runs.
Sanitarium
Deleting the entry for Adobe updater (among applications rules, as suggested Mr. rowantree) + using firewall in maximum protection (which only lets applications authorized) is working for me, and I'm not bothered anymore by this Adobe updater + other things.
Bruce Mahnke
QUOTE(kegedean @ 29.01.2008 17:36) *
Hi,

Reference: Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional v8.1.1

Open Acrobat and go to Help -> Check for updates -> Preferences. Uncheck the box that reads “Automatically check for Adobe updates:”
kegedean
QUOTE(Bruce Mahnke @ 29.01.2008 18:27) *
Reference: Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional v8.1.1

Open Acrobat and go to Help -> Check for updates -> Preferences. Uncheck the box that reads “Automatically check for Adobe updates:”

I did what rowantree said and when I chose "Check for updates" in Acrobat, a message popped-up saying "No Internet Connection was found. Please check your internet settings and firewall". Is this mean the adobe update is blocked?? laugh.gif
slackkeymike
QUOTE(rowantree @ 29.01.2008 16:43) *

Cheers,
Rowantree

Make sure you change the default rule from "allow" to "block"!!!
TrueGreen
Get rid of Adobe and get "Foxit". It does the same thing, is faster opening and isn't annoying. Probably more secure than Adobe. Also doesn't have all the extra junk.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.