Help - Search - Members
Full Version: how can i check if my license key is valid without "starting its life"?
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
Vottaryilord
how can i check if my license key is valid without "starting its life"?

i've a license key that i bought on ebay. i want to check if it's valid.

thank you,
Don Pelotas
Only by contacting support.
tomhank
QUOTE(Vottaryilord @ 9.12.2007 04:29) *
how can i check if my license key is valid without "starting its life"?

i've a license key that i bought on ebay. i want to check if it's valid.

thank you,

If you check the key validity today and you plan to use it after 6 months, let's say, the key can be valid today but can become invalid in 6 months (for example the key was sold to 10 different users and you are the first one)
Baz^^
As a rule of thumb, be very weary of ebay license sellers.

We see threads daily about people being burnt by traders selling pirated/illegal keys.
Whizard
You can open a ticket at http://kaspersky.com/helpdesk
Littlem129
Do as Don and Whizard have suggested and contact support to make sure it's a legal license.

If license is not valid report the seller and start a ticket on eBay & PayPal and demand your money back.

As MAPKOBKA^^ said be very weary of digital downloads for anything on eBay. I was one of those people that got burnt once.

If the price of the software is way below what the average retail cost is that is your first indication that it's probably an illegal license they are selling. wink.gif

You are taking a chance whenever you buy any digital download license from eBay.

If you have to buy software from eBay the best way is to buy a new unused box version.

Best way to buy Kaspersky is from the eStore or another reputable seller like CompUSA or somewhere like that.

Good luck, I hope you have a legal license. smile.gif
Vottaryilord
thank you,
i've submitted them a question about the validity of what i bought.
Autumn Breeze
QUOTE(Littlem129 @ 9.12.2007 00:28) *
Do as Don and Whizard have suggested and contact support to make sure it's a legal license. ...

i've spoken with sales and they told me mine was valid… just took a couple of minutes and they were very nice… and no long hold time either lol
Vottaryilord
they said:
"Hello,

It was activated once today at 2 hours ago (17:09, GMT+3)

Best regards,
Kaspersky Lab Support Team"

it was probably activated when i tried to register. i lost two weeks that was left with the previous key.
Whizard
There is a warning message given, when you are trying to activate when you still have 2 weeks of life on the old key.
nick9860
Normally the new key will start counting after expiration of the old one, so I don't think you lost 2 weeks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.