Help - Search - Members
Full Version: The Threat signatures are corrupted
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
Hodgin
I am running version 6.0.2.614 and am valid until 5-14-09.

My icon is in grey with a yellow warning sign and tells me that my "threat signatures are corrupted" "Update now".

When I do update, it get to "...AVP6/Bases/base054c.avc" as the object and the event says "Not enough rights for file operation".

5 more updates come through and then I get a red colored "!". "Task Complete" as the event and the object name shows "Not enough rights for file operation".

I am a simple "user" who does not want to be dangerous to the system.....any fixes available so I can use Kaspersky Internet Security.

Thanks
Don Pelotas
Hi Hodgin & welcome

I would download the latest version of 6.0 6.0.2.621 or 7.0.0.125, which is a free upgrade if this is a full/standard key/code bought via the shop. Uninstall and select only the activationdata to be saved, then reboot when asked and install the new version, select basicmode during the install and finish it.
Hodgin
QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 25.10.2007 10:14) *
Hi Hodgin & welcome

I would download the latest version of 6.0 6.0.2.621 or 7.0.0.125, which is a free upgrade if this is a full/standard key/code bought via the shop. Uninstall and select only the activationdata to be saved, then reboot when asked and install the new version, select basicmode during the install and finish it.

Thank you very much. That seemed to fix the problem. I did run a Full System scan with no problems other than the system shows 7 files are corrupted. In looking at the detail report there are 7 entries in the Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files which show "packed file swf25wc" which I am guessing may be the corrupted files???? Anything to worry about???
richbuff
Clear browser cache.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.