Help - Search - Members
Full Version: how to open ports
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
riazul
I need to open a few ports up in order to play some games on msn.com

my problem is, I do not know how to do it nor can I find the settings for the firewall (I use kaspersky internet security, latest version).
darcorn
go here and you shall know: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/223583

PS: Google is your friend smile.gif
riazul
QUOTE(darcorn @ 12.05.2007 16:40)
go here and you shall know: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/223583

PS: Google is your friend smile.gif

that said nothing about how to tell kaspersky to le me run internet explorer thru some specified ports.

just how to forward open ports to a router. I use no router sad.gif
Lucian Bara
hello
set the firewall to training mdoe and you'll recieve popups when connection attempts not defined in the rules are made.
riazul
QUOTE(lucianbara @ 13.05.2007 16:49)
hello
set the firewall to training mdoe and you'll recieve popups when connection attempts not defined in the rules are made.

hi!

I have alraedy sit it on this, but thanks anyways! smile.gif

my problem is that I want to specifically tell kaspersky's firewall to open specific ports for internet explorer.

where in kaspersky do I find these settings?
Lucian Bara
settings->anti-hacker->rules for applications->double click iexplore, click add, and enable traffic through the port you want
PSY
u play games with internet explorer ?
firewall is responsable for any ports
right click on kaspers system tray icon > network monitor > opened ports
u can see any open ports there , but u have to explore firewall settings for opening /closin them i guess
Piston Ron
QUOTE(riazul @ 14.05.2007 11:12)
I have alraedy sit it on this, but thanks anyways! smile.gif

my problem is that I want to specifically tell kaspersky's firewall to open specific ports for internet explorer.

where in kaspersky do I find these settings?

Is this what you mean?

AH Settings -> Rules for Applications -> iexplore.exe -> Edit

Click to view attachment

Ron smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.