Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Manuall Uninstall AOL Active Virus Shield
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
go5go
Is there a manual uninstall? I did a search but the attached files in the topic were removed.

Background: Installed AOL AVS on a w2kpro (SP4) machine. found a bunch of stuff (old AV was out of date). Cleaned up. Lost ALL network capabilities. No internet, no local network connections. Uninstalled, network came back. thought that maybe Sygate might have messed something up on installation. Tried to re-install without Sygate set up to run, lost network again. Only now when I go to uninstall uninstaller just sits there when you click "remove" button.

Tried to run install/uninstaller under safe mode but got a installer service not available error.

Went the old delete files/folders and registry searches for "kasp" and "Active Virus'..

try to run uninstall, (.msi file) still thinks its installed, and no network availability (only under safe mode w/ networking) and repeats the hanging after pressing the "remove" button.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Pete
Whizard
Try downloading RegVac and cleaning up with it smile.gif
Lucian Bara
hello
sygate & kav 6/AVs don't get along quite well.
where is AVS installed (the full path)?
go5go
QUOTE(lucianbara @ 17.03.2007 03:48)
hello
sygate & kav 6/AVs don't get along quite well.
where is AVS installed (the full path)?

I read the little post on the firewalls after the fact. But the second install I had turned Sygate off (wouldn't let it load on a reboot) but that is when everything hit fan.

It was under c:\Program Files\AOL\AVS

But like I said went I tried the old delete files and try to find associations in the registry and delete them too.

I ran a registry cleaner, rebooted, but still having network issues. Yeah FUN!

Pete
Lucian Bara
try this.
download this kiskav6remove.zip (it's a bid modified) & unpack it. boot your pc into safe mode & start avp_remove.cmd

Click to view attachment

after you are done boot back into normal mode and try again. also try uninstalling sygate

if active virusshield is still present in the add/remove programs list use the msi cleanup tool to remove it: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
go5go
Thanks! That got meto where I can start over again! Appreciate the help!

Pete
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.