Help - Search - Members
Full Version: KIS renewed 2013 to 2014 anti banner issue
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
SLayTaN
I had KIS 2012 and then 2013 and anti banner worked flawlessly. Now that I have renewed my subscription again and have KIS 2014 anti banner doesn't block the ads anymore on Youtube videos. Pop up ads now show on videos and also ads before the video starts now play. I was using Firefox 24.1 prior to renewal and all was fine. When the ads started after uninstalling KIS 2013 and installing KIS 2014 I was still using Firefox 24.1. I then updated Firefox to 27.01 version and hoped that would let Anti Banner get rid of the ads but it didn't work. Why has Anti Banner stopped blocking Google Ads on Youtube videos? Is there a fix for this?
All other banners and advertisements are being blocked as normal.

Click to view attachment

Kind Regards SLayTaN
Rodion Nagornov
QUOTE(SLayTaN @ 18.02.2014 12:20) *
I had KIS 2012 and then 2013 and anti banner worked flawlessly. Now that I have renewed my subscription again and have KIS 2014 anti banner doesn't block the ads anymore on Youtube videos. Pop up ads now show on videos and also ads before the video starts now play. I was using Firefox 24.1 prior to renewal and all was fine. When the ads started after uninstalling KIS 2013 and installing KIS 2014 I was still using Firefox 24.1. I then updated Firefox to 27.01 version and hoped that would let Anti Banner get rid of the ads but it didn't work. Why has Anti Banner stopped blocking Google Ads on Youtube videos? Is there a fix for this?
Kind Regards SLayTaN

I haven't the issue. Please, check is Anti-Banner plugin enabled in browser settings?
Paolo_1988
QUOTE(SLayTaN @ 18.02.2014 09:20) *
Kind Regards SLayTaN

I have the same problem on IE11, SLayTaN. KIS Antibanner doesn't block properly some ADS, for example before I see a video on Youtube or Facebook ADS!
Anyway You can use the awesome Adblock PLUS plugin on Firefox wink.gif
xcore7
QUOTE(Paolo_1988 @ 19.02.2014 15:09) *
I have the same problem on IE11, SLayTaN. KIS Antibanner doesn't block properly some ADS, for example before I see a video on Youtube or Facebook ADS!
Anyway You can use the awesome Adblock PLUS plugin on Firefox wink.gif

I also have problems with some ads that aren't blocked. I use Chrome, but I don't think having AdBlock and KIS Anti-Banner enabled at the same time is good for my system resources. KIS Anti-Banner is the only software I know about that works for the entire system, not just for a single browser, getting rid of ads from places I never thought possible. I'd be very pleased to know how to add more lists to it.

I mean Anti-Banner was one the reasons I bought KIS. It's not that I'm unhappy with it, on contrary, but I'd really appreciate it if no ads at all get trough it. Also, Kaspersky, don't forget that some ads can contain malware.
Paolo_1988
QUOTE(xcore7 @ 19.02.2014 13:28) *
I also have problems with some ads that aren't blocked. I use Chrome, but I don't think having AdBlock and KIS Anti-Banner enabled at the same time is good for my system resources. KIS Anti-Banner is the only software I know about that works for the entire system, not just for a single browser, getting rid of ads from places I never thought possible. I'd be very pleased to know how to add more lists to it.

I mean Anti-Banner was one the reasons I bought KIS. It's not that I'm unhappy with it, on contrary, but I'd really appreciate it if no ads at all get trough it. Also, Kaspersky, don't forget that some ads can contain malware.

xcore7, you can use adblock on Google Chrome, disabling (but NOT removing) KIS antibanner extension of Chrome. In this way you've KIS antibanner for your entire system except chrome wink.gif
Rodion Nagornov
QUOTE(xcore7 @ 19.02.2014 16:28) *

We're trying to add a lot of ads in our bases almost immediately.
Where do you have ads?
Domelo
QUOTE(Rodion Nagornov @ 20.02.2014 10:56) *
We're trying to add a lot of ads in our bases almost immediately.
Where do you have ads?

I'm using KasperSky for years, but alongside, I was using adblockplus, but due to certain issues, in it, I uninstalled it from my PC and am now using Aguard - Adblock. My question is, if you guys have any integration with adguard to block ads or the kaspersky alone is enough to remove ads?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.