Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Patch C - PWM passwords masked, disk activity.
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky PURE & Kaspersky Total Security
Pages: 1, 2
bckasman
My password manager, after updating to Patch "C" shows that all of my passwords expire on 1/1/1601. If I click on "never expires, it doesn't accept the change. Password Manager does, however, appear to be working. Is this a new bug that wasn't found in Beta testing? Some help would be appreciated.

BC

edit: News! smile.gif

QUOTE(Danila Tyurin @ 22.10.2013 20:54) *
Hi ALL!

We are planning to release a patch "D" tomorrow.

edit: Newer news!

QUOTE(Danila Tyurin @ 23.10.2013 20:36) *
New date: 29.10.2013

edit: Newerer news!
QUOTE(Danila Tyurin @ 31.10.2013 20:18) *
New date - next week.

bckasman
In addition to what I mentioned above, Password Manager no longer starts with system startup. There's also a problem with the passwords. They are learly working, but if I clock on the icon to show the password, it just shows a row of small stars, and I don't see anything that indicates the password strength This sure doesn't look like a fix to me! Has anyone else seen this yet?

BC
philou
same for me ,with patch C, most of password have an expired, date: (01/01/1601), and its not possible to modify the date.....
VVESTVVOOD
just to let you know my passwords do not expire ever and i can change that so works fine for me..
but yes when i try to look at the passwords i just get a row of small stars even if i copy to clipboard it just copys the stars sad.gif
that needs to be fixed.. even more important now there is no portable version
allso no mention of password strength anywhere
Temish
im having the same problem all my passwords has expired 1601-01-01 i can't change the date or remove the expiration.
i can still logg in to sites and evrything unless i need to copy the password which then becomes ********** instead of a real password,
can't realy change my passwords unless i already know my old one which is hard to know when you can't even see it or copy it.
Schulte
Same problem is reported in
- italian section: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=276058
- german section: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=276148
rayranger
Same here. Can not see or change passwords or the 1601 date. Will not SAVE (button dimmed). Links to web sites do not work. Passwords must have been changed? NOT good! I do not expect a PAID anti-virus program to mess up my PC this much with no fix in sight. Kaspersky is supposed to prevent this type of thing from happening - with no warning!
bckasman
[size="3"]Hi Schulte,

That's interesting indeed. It's obviously something that went awry and apparently went unnoticed during the beta and release candidates testing. My guess is that the update somehow locked the existing data base. The 1/1/1601 is s d rather peculiar. I'm getting old, but not that old! But seriously, we know that the Password Manager module works and new accounts that are set up after Patch "C" seem to function normally. We also know that, contrary to what the Password Manager says, our passwords have not, in fact, not expired. So, as I see it, we can chose to ignore it until it's fixed, or if one feels compelled to do so, they can delete their accounts and start over- an easy choice if you have a small database like me. In the meantime, let's hope this there is an easy fix that will be coming soon. Perhaps a moderator could chime in here and let us know if this issue is being addressed.

Always remember, no matter how much testing you do you can never find everything that will happen when the program reaches the end users like us.

Stay Safe,

BC
wcoyote
QUOTE(Temish @ 16.10.2013 06:50) *
im having the same problem all my passwords has expired 1601-01-01 i can't change the date or remove the expiration.
i can still logg in to sites and evrything unless i need to copy the password which then becomes ********** instead of a real password,
can't realy change my passwords unless i already know my old one which is hard to know when you can't even see it or copy it.

Same problem. And there are some sites that I always had to copy the password. Now I can't access them at all.
richbuff
I informed KL Technical Personnel yesterday, when these issues were posted. He is investigating further.

Please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

Please attach the following items to your Tech Support request:

1. Description of the error.
2. Screenshot of error
3. GSI
ENIAC 2
Same issue here with PWM and I am having constant disk activity.
ENIAC 2
OK, I have since discovered that it is STPASS that is causing the erratic disk activity. From what I see in Resource Monitor, it is constantly writing to disk. All is fine until I start PWM. Will stand by for more details as I am sure Kaspersky is being overwhelmed with support requests right now. FWIW, my update came to a little over 102 meg.
Danila Tyurin
Hi ALL,

Thanks for the signal! We will check these problems and will release a fix.
DonHerget
QUOTE(bckasman @ 16.10.2013 07:49) *
In addition to what I mentioned above, Password Manager no longer starts with system startup. There's also a problem with the passwords. They are learly working, but if I clock on the icon to show the password, it just shows a row of small stars, and I don't see anything that indicates the password strength This sure doesn't look like a fix to me! Has anyone else seen this yet?

BC

Ditto.

QUOTE(Danila Tyurin @ 16.10.2013 20:53) *
Hi ALL,

edit: add quote of important post.
dhantov
Just adding some observations.

The same problems with expired and unreadable passwords occurred after the update to Patch C (Kaspersky PURE 13.02.558c). Automatic password filling, identity information and notes, as well as newly created (post Patch C) accounts, were not affected.

The mentioned disk activity is caused by stpass.exe constantly writing the following sequence to file %My Documents%\spLog.log.

17.10.2013 12:47:13.602 [STICKY_LOG]<VirtualTreeController.OnObserve/VirtualTreeController.OnObserve> Info (10015003) [1]
17.10.2013 12:47:13.619 [STICKY_LOG]<VirtualTreeController.OnObserve/VirtualTreeController.OnObserve> Info (10015024) GetRecentAccounts()
17.10.2013 12:47:13.647 [STICKY_LOG]<VirtualTreeController.OnObserve/VirtualTreeController.OnObserve> Info (10015024) Requesting accounts
17.10.2013 12:47:13.697 [STICKY_LOG]<VirtualTreeController.OnObserve/VirtualTreeController.OnObserve> Info (10010) TtsCustomDispatcher.Send >>
17.10.2013 12:47:13.721 [STICKY_LOG]<VirtualTreeController.OnObserve/VirtualTreeController.OnObserve> Info (10010) AMessage.ClassName: TspmGetDBObjectsXml
17.10.2013 12:47:13.739 [STICKY_LOG]<VirtualTreeController.OnObserve/VirtualTreeController.OnObserve> Info (10010) ----------- SendData
17.10.2013 12:47:13.760 [STICKY_LOG]<VirtualTreeController.OnObserve/VirtualTreeController.OnObserve> Info (10010) ----------- ProcessSendResult
17.10.2013 12:47:13.788 [STICKY_LOG]<VirtualTreeController.OnObserve/VirtualTreeController.OnObserve> Info (10010) TtsCustomDispatcher.Send <<
17.10.2013 12:47:13.838 [STICKY_LOG]<VirtualTreeController.OnObserve/VirtualTreeController.OnObserve> Info (10015024) Processing accounts
17.10.2013 12:47:13.867 [STICKY_LOG]<VirtualTreeController.OnObserve/VirtualTreeController.OnObserve> Info (10015024) Accounts processed OK

Also after the update the Last.fm Scrobbler crashes because of spCapBtn.dll, which is related to Password Manager's Capture button. Probable cause is Password Manager trying to include the Capture button in the Last.fm Scrobbler window, because it uses the default web browser to display data. The following was written into spLog.log after the Last.fm Scrobler start.

17.10.2013 12:20:05.880 [STICKY_LOG]<5240> Info (10010) TCaptionButtonTimer.DoAddCaptionButton() Before WM_NULL Window: 788608 <Chrome_WidgetWin_1> <Last.fm - Listen to free music with internet radio and the largest music catalogue online - Google Chrome>
17.10.2013 12:20:05.923 [STICKY_LOG]<5240> Info (10010) TCaptionButtonTimer.DoAddCaptionButton() Before Dispatch Window: 788608 <Chrome_WidgetWin_1> <Last.fm - Listen to free music with internet radio and the largest music catalogue online - Google Chrome>
17.10.2013 12:20:05.963 [STICKY_LOG]<5240> Info (10010) TtsCustomDispatcher.Send >>
17.10.2013 12:20:06.045 [STICKY_LOG]<5240> Info (10010) AMessage.ClassName: TspmAddCaptionButton
17.10.2013 12:20:06.139 [STICKY_LOG]<5240> Info (10000) TfrmCommonSPMain.spmTraceConfiguration
17.10.2013 12:20:06.237 [STICKY_LOG]<5240> Info (10010) ----------- SendData
17.10.2013 12:20:06.394 [STICKY_LOG]<5240> Info (10010) ----------- ProcessSendResult
17.10.2013 12:20:06.476 [STICKY_LOG]<5240> Info (10010) TtsCustomDispatcher.Send <<
17.10.2013 12:20:06.548 [STICKY_LOG]<5240> Info (10010) TCaptionButtonTimer.DoAddCaptionButton() After Dispatch, Dispatched: <True>Window: 788608 <Chrome_WidgetWin_1> <Last.fm - Listen to free music with internet radio and the largest music catalogue online - Google Chrome>

My system: 6 year old perfectly working hardware, Windows 7 Professional SP1 x64, Kaspersky PURE 13.02.558c, Internet Explorer 10.0.9200.16721 (mostly unused), Google Chrome 30.0.1599.69m
bckasman
QUOTE(Danila Tyurin @ 16.10.2013 21:53) *
Hi ALL,

Glad to hear you're on top of it Danila. Here's an update: I have a relatively small number of accounts, so I deleted them and started over. Everything works perfectly now (the passwords are not expired, password strength is shown, etc.) except that PWM doesn't start at startup even though the option is checked in settings. Obviously redoing the password database isn't an option for folks with a lot of accounts, but perhaps it helps indicate what's causing the problem.

Rich, appreciate your input as always. I didn't send anything as Danila is obviously on top of the issue.

BC
locomalo
I have the same problem with my password manager with expired passwords.
... but while starting Password Manager I get this message:
"You have scheduled a password reset for one or more accounts in your vault."
I didn´t have this message in the past.
I uploaded this message as a picture.
I hope you can solve this problem, because I have a lot of accounts. ai.gif
Good luck.
ENIAC 2
Just wondering, will there be a notification of a fix for this issue posted on the forum? For now, I have my "update" set on manual so as not to further complicate any fix. I'm assuming the fix will be delivered through "update" and I hope to get the notification from here.
Danila Tyurin
QUOTE(ENIAC 2 @ 18.10.2013 05:46) *
Just wondering, will there be a notification of a fix for this issue posted on the forum?

Yes. But in the next week.
Stephen Cooke
QUOTE(ENIAC 2 @ 17.10.2013 03:54) *
OK, I have since discovered that it is STPASS that is causing the erratic disk activity. From what I see in Resource Monitor, it is constantly writing to disk. All is fine until I start PWM. Will stand by for more details as I am sure Kaspersky is being overwhelmed with support requests right now. FWIW, my update came to a little over 102 meg.

Same constant disk activity here after the update when PWM is started.
ENIAC 2
QUOTE(Danila Tyurin @ 17.10.2013 22:13) *

Thank you for the info Danila Tyurin. I will continue to "Stand for more details".
ddennerline
As many have suggested, there is a Password Manager problem with the latest Pure 13.2.0.558© update.
1) Cannot view passwords using the “eye” icon located on right hand side
2) Cannot change username or password as the save button is not enabled. If you attempt to use the Edit for URL, this will enable the save button. Unfortunately, using this kludge to force the “Save” button does not cause user-name/password changes to be saved
3) Expiration dates that were previously set to, “Password never expires,” are now expiring
4) Any new records added, seems to avoid this behavior.

I have a good number of passwords, so it’s not feasible to start over.

//edit: Add quote of the important post:

Hi ALL,

ddennerline
Can someone please explain why stpass.exe, version 7.0.3.6, located in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky PURE 3.0\Kaspersky Password Manager directory is constantly writing data to disk file. While monitoring write activity on process, I noticed that about 80KB of data was being written every second.

Many computers have SSDs and try to minimize constant data writes to potentially increase drive lifespan. After playing around with many browsers, outlook program, etc…, this process is the only one that consistently keeps writing data to disk. Even the AVP.exe process only writes data periodically. I don’t understand why a infrequently used password manager needs to constantly be writing data to disk 24x7.

I investigated this potential concern after a poster mentioned stpass.exe constant disk activity for Pure 3 “Patch C” password manager problems. I have downgraded my system to 13.0.2.55 (note: password features still broken). Even with 13.0.2.558 installed, the stpass.exe is still constantly writing data.
SDaugherty55
Well I hope I'm not the only one who noticed that Password Manager is not self-locking either. I may have missed it with all these posts but I didn't see anyone else mention it. I've used PM time lockout since I bought Kaspersky. It has been locking itself just fine (or at least 95% of the time). But since this upgrade, PM won't lock the database after 30 min, my usual setting. I've noticed this because when I wake my PC up after a good night's sleep rolleyes.gif my PM is unlocked where before it was locked, as I wanted. I've not done extensive testing. But I'll be locking it deliberately now. Has anyone else noticed this problem?

I am also getting the password expires message but I've just ignored that. Guess I have to be the one who gets a new symptom. Grins. This one bothers me as it leaves my vault open indefinitely. Before the upgrade this would happen very rarely. Now it seems to be the "norm". I hope you can pass this information on to whoever is working on the other PM issues.

Perhaps it's tied to the "constant disk activity" problem? The system is perhaps "active" and that keeps it from shutting the vault?
Senrec
QUOTE(bckasman @ 16.10.2013 14:49) *

BC

I have same problem. Cannot view passwords as ********* are shown. Cannot copy them either as the ********* are copied. Any solution for this yet or ETA on a solution?

Jim.
QUOTE(bckasman @ 17.10.2013 14:28) *
Glad to hear you're on top of it Danila. Here's an update: I have a relatively small number of accounts, so I deleted them and started over. Everything works perfectly now (the passwords are not expired, password strength is shown, etc.) except that PWM doesn't start at startup even though the option is checked in settings. Obviously redoing the password database isn't an option for folks with a lot of accounts, but perhaps it helps indicate what's causing the problem.

Rich, appreciate your input as always. I didn't send anything as Danila is obviously on top of the issue.

BC

That is nice that you have a small number of accounts in your pm database. Some of us though use it extensively and have a large amount of passwords in the database. For me, starting new is unacceptable.

I just wanted to let you know that this problem must be fixed, telling people to start the db all over is not going to work.

IMHO, it appears that somehow in your code you set the "flag" to default to all passwords expire (to force people to change them periodically, which theoretically is a good idea,,,,) but you did not put in a default date to start the countdown from, so it went with all 0's which is where that 1/1/1601 date comes from.

So, it would seem that a fix would require 2 things. First, go through each and every password and change the "expired date" to (now + 90 days) to make every one of them be put back into a "good" status.
Then go through and set all of the flags on each password back to "password never expires".

You also need to create a settings page for the password expiration. You put this in without a lot of thought going into it.
The user needs to have a "global default" whether that will be on or off. And a way to update all passwords to the default if the user chooses.
The second thing the user needs to set is that if they choose to use this, what the default amount of time will be. You can put in some common choices such as 30,60,90, 180,365 days, but also allow the use to enter a value.

Thanks,

Jim.

edit: 7 bold portion = Off.
bckasman
QUOTE(Jim. @ 19.10.2013 07:50) *
That is nice that you have a small number of accounts in your pm database. Some of us though use it extensively and have a large amount of passwords in the database. For me, starting new is unacceptable.

I just wanted to let you know that this problem must be fixed, telling people to start the db all over is not going to work.

IMHO, it appears that somehow in your code you set the "flag" to default to all passwords expire (to force people to change them periodically, which theoretically is a good idea,,,,) but you did not put in a default date to start the countdown from, so it went with all 0's which is where that 1/1/1601 date comes from.

So, it would seem that a fix would require 2 things. First, go through each and every password and change the "expired date" to (now + 90 days) to make every one of them be put back into a "good" status.
Then go through and set all of the flags on each password back to "password never expires".

You also need to create a settings page for the password expiration. You put this in without a lot of thought going into it.
The user needs to have a "global default" whether that will be on or off. And a way to update all passwords to the default if the user chooses.
The second thing the user needs to set is that if they choose to use this, what the default amount of time will be. You can put in some common choices such as 30,60,90, 180,365 days, but also allow the use to enter a value.

Thanks,

Jim.

Jim,

There's no need for sarcasm and yelling - your very big and bold "large" to most people would be the same as yelling. I only offered an option for those who could use it and the reported my results. We, in this Forum, are users like you trying to be helpful where we can and offer suggestions if they work for us. Obviously the folks at Kaspersky Lab need to fix their code, which they are doing. Not that it matters much, but I was the one who started this thread. Timing is everything and I must have caught the patch update soon after it's release and noticed the PM issue right away. I, like many, find it odd that this issue did not show up in beta testing, but that sometimes happens. I find it stranger yet that the date that shows is so far in the past. Once PM is fixed, perhaps we can look back and have a little chuckle over the date!

By the way, I tried changing the expired date to a date in the future with the idea of going back and checking the never expires box, but, whatever is in the code, it will not accept any changes, except what I've previously reported doing. As I've already said, that's not a good option for folks with a large database, and it certainly doesn't fix the problem. It was an observation, however, that hopefully gave the folks at Kaspersky a better idea of where to look to fix the problem.

Hopefully for you and others with a large database, the problem will be fixed soon.

BC

edit: quoted portion 7 bold = Off.
vizel
KPURE 3 just updated to patch C (few days earlier).
All of my account passwords are now masked (******) and I cannot access them directly.
For example if I want to copy the password for an account from:
Actions->Copy->Password (the item is disabled)

Current issue: My Yahoo! password expired, and I have to type my current password then the new. The problem is that the current password is not inserted by the PM and I cannot copy it via the menu listed above (as the item is disabled).
If I choose the "EYE" from BULLETS I am exposed to "*****".

Please fix as I am currently locked and I need urgent access to my accounts. If this cannot be fixed in the next few days, I will drop the KPURE license.

Thank you!
ENIAC 2
Hopefully for you and others with a large database, the problem will be fixed soon.

BC

As my signature states, I'm an "Armchair Geek" with limited Tech Knowledge (Very limited). But I am totally confident that Kaspersky will fix this issue without anybody losing any data entries. The Passwords are still there since we are still able to log into accounts, we just can't see them. As far as time, I trust they are taking the "time" to cross their T's and dot their i's. We are all human and that means we are flawed so we are prone to mistakes now and then. I'll never use anything but Kaspersky because there is no alternative.
Tobgreywolf
Any word on this? I'm having the same issue. Shows expired 1601, won't let me change expiration, can't update passwords or see them(which means I can't copy and paste either).

Have far too many PW's to start over. I've included the screenshot and GSI Report as requested. Hopefully this is resolved soon. Has anyone tried reinstalling without updating to see if that will work in the interim?
duke-one
Hi All: This must be a tough problem 'cause it is taking quite a while for the fix. My Pure3 is updating a couple or more times a day but still comes back as 558c and the problem persists. Any news? Will that 558c change when the fix is out? I don't understand much of this stuff and trust Kaspersky but to be fair it seems to be taking too long for a fix. KDM
ENIAC 2
QUOTE(duke-one @ 19.10.2013 12:28) *
Hi All: This must be a tough problem 'cause it is taking quite a while for the fix. My Pure3 is updating a couple or more times a day but still comes back as 558c and the problem persists. Any news? Will that 558c change when the fix is out? I don't understand much of this stuff and trust Kaspersky but to be fair it seems to be taking too long for a fix. KDM

Hello Duke One, I am assuming that Kaspersky is being very cautious in their quest to fix this since it involves millions of user's sensitive passwords. I have disabled auto update for now so as not to further complicate a fix but Admin may not advise this. This is just my personal choice.
duke-one
QUOTE(ENIAC 2 @ 19.10.2013 11:42) *
Hello Duke One, I am assuming that Kaspersky is being very cautious in their quest to fix this since it involves millions of user's sensitive passwords. I have disabled auto update for now so as not to further complicate a fix but Admin may not advise this. This is just my personal choice.

If I remember correctly (that happens once in a while!) this started with a "large" update that required a reboot. Daily updates cover virus profiles, no? If that is true it might be better to keep the other parts of Pure3 updated. No comment on that detail from Kaspersky? KDM
Jim.
QUOTE(bckasman @ 19.10.2013 11:48) *
Jim,

There's no need for sarcasm and yelling - your very big and bold "large" to most people would be the same as yelling. I only offered an option for those who could use it and the reported my results. We, in this Forum, are users like you trying to be helpful where we can and offer suggestions if they work for us. Obviously the folks at Kaspersky Lab need to fix their code, which they are doing. Not that it matters much, but I was the one who started this thread. Timing is everything and I must have caught the patch update soon after it's release and noticed the PM issue right away. I, like many, find it odd that this issue did not show up in beta testing, but that sometimes happens. I find it stranger yet that the date that shows is so far in the past. Once PM is fixed, perhaps we can look back and have a little chuckle over the date!

By the way, I tried changing the expired date to a date in the future with the idea of going back and checking the never expires box, but, whatever is in the code, it will not accept any changes, except what I've previously reported doing. As I've already said, that's not a good option for folks with a large database, and it certainly doesn't fix the problem. It was an observation, however, that hopefully gave the folks at Kaspersky a better idea of where to look to fix the problem.

BC

BC,

Sorry if you felt I was yelling, I was just trying to really emphasize that people with a lot of passwords would not be happy to be told to start over. Yes, I understand for someone with only a few entries, it is no big deal. I do not know your level of involvement with kaz, I just got the impression you were associated with them.
I have seen other situations where a company took the "easy way out" and with your recommendation being an "easy way out" I wanted to chime in to emphasize that it does need to be fixed.

You are correct, there is a bug on existing entries where they can not be manually changed. My comments were for you (meaning kaspersky programmers) to change all of those dates by code in an update.

If I remember correctly, I believe that my explanation for the date being 1/1/1601 comes from how computers use that date as a starting point. The "current date/time" is actually a number that represents the amount of time that has passed since that starting point. So when they did the update and "turned on" the password expirations, since there was no date on the existing passwords, it defaulted to zero.

I hope it is fixed soon.

Jim.

Hi ALL,

QUOTE(Danila Tyurin @ 17.10.2013 20:13) *
Just wondering, will there be a notification of a fix for this issue posted on the forum?
Missing Link
I updated to the latest C patch in pure 3.0 and now the password manager runs really slow, i click on PWM in pure and it always says start PWM i click start and it takes about 2 minutes before i get type master password window, i enter password than it takes another 2-3 minutes to say PWM is activated like the key in the lock with the green light it's the same when i turn off PWM takes like 2-3 minutes before key removes and green light disappears, it's some kind of bug i imagine in patch C...even after waiting long times for PWM to activate it works flawlessly but its the waiting time thats a bit annoying...operating system is win7 x64 on asus rampage iv extreme motherboard, cpu 3970k, ram corsair gt 16gig 4x4 sticks @ 2133mhz...the only thing i haven't done is re-install pure 3.0 altogether maybe that might fix this issue, maybe someone has a solution to this before i re-install...Thankyou.
Rodion Nagornov
Please submit GetSystemInfo 5 utility report: http://support.kaspersky.com/3632
Please note, that by default the *.zip archive containing the report is saved on the desktop.
Missing Link
QUOTE(Rodion Nagornov @ 21.10.2013 23:47) *
Please submit GetSystemInfo 5 utility report: http://support.kaspersky.com/3632
Please note, that by default the *.zip archive containing the report is saved on the desktop.

Thanks for the reply, so i generated a GetSystemInfo log and when i go to sent it i get this error.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 419430400 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 24 bytes)
in /data/www/getsysteminfo/www/DEV/includes/functions_parser.php on line 470.

I'm using Firefox 24.0 as my browser, would you like me to upload it to this thread i created or other means to customer support...Thanks again.

Missing Link
All sorted now, i just went thru my Kaspersky account to submit report...thanks for your help. ay.gif

Typing error in first post...CPU is a Intel i7 3930k LGA 2011.
ilamo
QUOTE(Missing Link @ 20.10.2013 13:08) *
I updated to the latest C patch in pure 3.0 and now the password manager runs really slow, i click on PWM in pure and it always says start PWM i click start and it takes about 2 minutes before i get type master password window, i enter password than it takes another 2-3 minutes to say PWM is activated like the key in the lock with the green light it's the same when i turn off PWM takes like 2-3 minutes before key removes and green light disappears, it's some kind of bug i imagine in patch C...even after waiting long times for PWM to activate it works flawlessly but its the waiting time thats a bit annoying...operating system is win7 x64 on asus rampage iv extreme motherboard, cpu 3970k, ram corsair gt 16gig 4x4 sticks @ 2133mhz...the only thing i haven't done is re-install pure 3.0 altogether maybe that might fix this issue, maybe someone has a solution to this before i re-install...Thankyou.

I got the same behaviour. Once the PWM was unlocked I could add the FF add-on but not the TB one. Before I started I turned the protocolling on. I tried the shortcut Ctrl+Alt+R, which showed up, so I entered some letters of an existing account. FF started and had the key symbol in a green round spot. Moving the mouse over it and trying to open the list failed. I kept pationed and waited until every work was done and it was only then that I could close all the open panels. At the end I could deactivate protocolling, generated the report and hit the send button.
Question: It either sent the 200 MB completely unvisable in the background or it failed. Where could I check?
Some more things, that I should mention:
The shortcut popup worked only once, I tried it several times, nothing happened. Ths add-on for TB could be installed after I finished with the above.
rbuzeta
In my windows 7 computer, all my passwords were marked as expired (01-01-1601) without possibility of copying, seeing or exporting passwords and without possibility of changing the date of expiration. I've lost every password (close to 100) thanks to the software that is for protect passwords. It's possible to see other people with the same problem in this forum. In the same week, my other computer with Windows 8 was upgraded to windows 8.1 (released last week) and Kaspersky Pure stopped working on this new version. None of my two computers are working. I guess a big number of users don't have the information they need to continue with their job. In my opinion, Kaspersky Pure is too unstable and the support is too slow to solve such huge problems.

Edit: Merged. And........

Hi ALL,

Tobgreywolf
Being without all my application passwords is really getting to be a problem and seeing how this may take awhile, does anyone know how to export the Kaspersky PWM database or some other way to transfer them to another PWM?
Arcam66
QUOTE(bckasman @ 16.10.2013 12:49) *

BC

I have exactly the same issue since the update. "New" passwords or identities seem to save correctly, and the password can be viewed. Old ones however are all asterisks, and also the option to copy to the clipboard for previously configured passwords isn't active. They do seem to work though.
Rodion Nagornov
Please, create a request to tech.support and post here the number.
Rayan Adams
Hey There, I have Kaspersky Pure 3.0 / 13.0.2.558 ©
I did not update Kaspersky Few days ago , but yesterday I ran kaspersky update and it needed to reboot my computer.
But after that I saw my Kaspersky Pure Password Manager in a new style Like as a new version of password manager
but it's really very slow , I can't browsing sites well in all of my browsers . kaspersky pure 3 last update really slowing down all of my computer not only browsers
And since the last update last night I hear my laptop processor fan sound
Please help me and tell me how I can fix this problem or How I can downgrade my password manger blink.gif
webcan
I have patch C and a few things seemed to be fixed but now but I just noticed again in password manager that I still get the data sync failed in the lower left of the window.
It shows the user account with a green check mark but below an orange exclamation mark with a sync failed and when I click the "Sync Now" button I get the same thing.

I thought they fixed this?

PS: Password manager also froze up on me as well. I had to close it with task manager as it would not respond. I hope they fix this soon and not take another 6 months.

Edit: I am going to take a wild guess that you are not using Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus. I think my guess is correct, so I will move this New Topic from the Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus section of this forum and move it to the PURE section of this forum, and then Merge to the already pre-existing topic, then send you the link to your post. smile.gif
Missing Link
QUOTE(Rodion Nagornov @ 22.10.2013 22:21) *
Please, create a request to tech.support and post here the number.

Hi Rodion, i did exactly what you have asked...created a GetSystemInfo log sent it to tech support using my Kaspersky account under (My Request Tab) but i haven't received a number, either my log is in a waiting line to be read or something went wrong in the procedure of sending the log, but it did say the log was sent successfully, i have checked my email and the inbox of my Kaspersky account but i haven't been sent any tech support number...Thanks.
duke-one
Hello K.L. It is Tuesday in California USA if the fix is not ready how about a bit of news so we know where things stand? I'd bet this is a hard nut to crack and I'm doing OK with the problem but would like to hear about what progress is being made.
Thanks, KDM

Edit: Merged. And ran topiccleanmgr.exe. And add quotes of the important posts........

Hi ALL,

Safukeu
Hello,
I put Pure update on manual in order to avoid installing the problematic Patch C, as I am a password manager user, but this prevents me from updating databases, thus putting my computer at risk.
I cannot wait much longer with my computer not being fully protected.
Suggestion : since the password manager seems to be a recurring problem maker and considering that my computer protection is my main preoccupation, maybe Kaspersky could provide information on how to completely disable or even remove the password manager from the Pure program.
Any feedback on how to do this will be appreciated.
ENIAC 2
Hello Safukeu, I believe you can set PWM to "Manual Start" within the PWM settings. That way it stays more or less dormant as far as your operating system is concerned. The main culprit with it running is the file stpass.exe continuously writing to file. Mine is on manual start and everything else is running fine. After you set it to manual, log out of PWM then you can either restart or open "Task Manager" and kill the stpass.exe process. Once it is set to manual, stpass.exe will not load until you start PWM. Hope this is part of what you were looking for.
Danila Tyurin
Hi ALL!

We are planning to release a patch "D" tomorrow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.