Help - Search - Members
Full Version: License Keys On multiple computer
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
bsaksida
If i buy a license key, can i use it at home on 3 computers, or i must buy 3 keys.

All 3 computers are mine, and are connected to same LAN.
Lucian Bara
Hello
1license=1pc, so you have to buy 3 licenses to use on 3 pcs simultaneously.
Don Pelotas
If it's KIS you want you could get away with buying two licenses in the promo http://www.kaspersky.com/christmaspromo06.
Whizard
The key can support up to three licenses if you order that key smile.gif
P.O. Box
QUOTE(Whizard @ 10.12.2006 05:27)
The key can support up to three licenses if you order that key smile.gif

That sounds interesting tongue.gif You mean that KIS key would be good on 3 PC's? If confirmed it is a great deal..

I did not understand a few things (if FAQs do send me to the relevant pages rolleyes.gif ):
    1.) Buying more licences is needed to use KIS on several pc's simultaneously, right? I mean, if I have 2 PCs (one laptop and one desktop) and I buy only one licence, but I use only one PC to be connected and I use the other randomly, but never at the same time, would one licence be enough?

2.) I notice that prices can be different in different countries also because of the euro/dollar rate. If I buy on line in USD with the special offer mentioned and I reside somewhere in Europe, can I update it to a different language version (French, Spanish or Italian) of KIS when available?
I am using trial versions of two FW/AV and I am considering KIS....
Lucian Bara
hello
no, it doesn't mean that, 1 license is still 1 pc. but you can buy 3 licenses and recieve them on the same code (the code is special).
1)true, you need one license/pc, if you are using both your pcs then you need too.
2)yes, you probably can, the kis/kav versions are the same except for the skin file and help file.
P.O. Box
QUOTE(lucianbara @ 12.12.2006 17:03)
1)true, you need one license/pc, if you are using both your pcs then you need too.

Just to make sure I understood well....

Three PCs connected on Internet at the same time (and a have a a valid licence for three computers)
I switch on my laptop but I would need a fourth licence to use KIS there unless I disconnect one of the three because the licence I purchased is good only for 3 pc's at a time..

Is that correct? Is what Whizard said correct too, three licences for 1 key in the promo?
Lucian Bara
QUOTE(P.O. Box @ 12.12.2006 18:16)
Just to make sure I understood well....

Three  PCs connected on Internet at the same time (and a have a a valid licence for three computers)
I switch on my laptop but I would need a fourth licence to use KIS there unless I disconnect one of the three because the licence I purchased is good only for 3 pc's at a time..

yes, that's correct.
Egio
So, just to clarify,

If I buy one license using the special christmas offer, will I be able to install and activate Kaspersky on 3 computers simultaneously??

Or is the special christmas offer valid for only 2 computers???

In case the christmas offer only protects 2 computers, is there any way I can use this promotion to protect 3 computers ???

I´m really looking forward to buying this antivirus, but i simply dont't know if I have to buy 3 separate licenses using the normal method, or if I can acquire 3 licenses using the special christmas promotion.

Thanks in advance,
Egio.
Whizard
Only two are available for promo. You can contact onlinesales@kaspersky.com, but I do not think that the promo extends to three licenses.

All the best.
rampantandroid
QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 9.12.2006 17:29)
If it's KIS you want you could get away with buying two licenses in the promo http://www.kaspersky.com/christmaspromo06.

I searched for good deals on Kaspersky. I JUST bought it from newegg hours ago. Nuts. Now I'm quite annoyed...

I will say this though - both my Visa and my brother's Visa cards block the company Kaspersky uses to charge people, as apparantly they have been known for shady transactions.
Whizard
I have had zero problems with Element5. Have you tried to email onlinesales@kaspersky.com?
rampantandroid
QUOTE(Whizard @ 13.12.2006 23:40)
I have had zero problems with Element5. Have you tried to email onlinesales@kaspersky.com?

No, once I was told by two separate Visa companies that they were blocking the code that element uses for transactions, I just figured I'd go to newegg, as I've ordered from them before. I just wish I'd waited a few more hours now... sad.gif
Don Pelotas
QUOTE(rampantandroid @ 14.12.2006 05:44)
No, once I was told by two separate Visa companies that they were blocking the code that element uses for transactions, I just figured I'd go to newegg, as I've ordered from them before. I just wish I'd waited a few more hours now... sad.gif

They gave you some bad info, Element5 is an Digital River company and i have used them for years without issue's. You could try to see if you can get a refund from Newegg....might work.
rampantandroid
QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 14.12.2006 03:41)
They gave you some bad info, Element5 is an Digital River company and i have used them for years without issue's. You could try to see if you can get a refund from Newegg....might work.

Its a no refund purchase, sadly. Says it right when you buy it there's no way to return it. Nuts.

I suppose calling can't hurt...but they'll probably tell me off.

Thanks.

RA
Whizard
Sorry to hear your troubles, I hope it works out for the best smile.gif
MrD
QUOTE(lucianbara @ 12.12.2006 16:35)
yes, that's correct.

I also want to buy the promo-deal with 2 licenses.
I will use them on my two home computers.

But I also would like to install it on my laptop when Im travelling.
If so, do I need to uninstall kav from one of my home computers or is it enough to just disconnect from internet and shut it down?
Or do I need 3 keys?
Don Pelotas
QUOTE(MrD @ 20.12.2006 12:40)
I also want to buy the promo-deal with 2 licenses.
I will use them on my two home computers.

But I also would like to install it on my laptop when Im travelling.
If so, do I need to uninstall kav from one of my home computers or is it enough to just disconnect from internet and shut it down?
Or do I need 3 keys?

Either three keys or uninstall one while you travel.
AndreasNkl
QUOTE(lucianbara @ 12.12.2006 17:03)
.... you can buy 3 licenses and recieve them on the same code (the code is special).

Hello Ludian,
Today I ordered 3 licences and they sent me 3 codes. Why not the 1 special code you mentioned?
Lucian Bara
That's something Whizard mentioned, not I, i know it's possible (take the german 6th pro - 3 license package, it has one code).
Don Pelotas
QUOTE(lucianbara @ 20.12.2006 19:46)
That's something Whizard mentioned, not I, i know it's possible (take the german 6th pro - 3 license package, it has one code).

Actually you did post it. tongue.gif

Normally you will receive one key per license. smile.gif
AndreasNkl
What about 3 licenses renewal? Do I get a volume discount as when I purchased them?
Don Pelotas
QUOTE(AndreasNkl @ 21.12.2006 12:18)
What about 3 licenses renewal? Do I get a volume discount as when I purchased them?

Take a look here:http://www.kaspersky.com/tell-a-friend.
DonKid
QUOTE(Whizard @ 13.12.2006 22:55)
Only two are available for promo. You can contact onlinesales@kaspersky.com, but I do not think that the promo extends to three licenses.

All the best.

Here at work, we had to buy the promo twice, since the number of licenses can't be changed, and we have 4 computers here.
jay1941
QUOTE(AndreasNkl @ 20.12.2006 12:31) *
Hello Ludian,
Today I ordered 3 licences and they sent me 3 codes. Why not the 1 special code you mentioned?

I just ordered the 3-license set, and after activating with the new code, it shows up as only for "commercial for 2 computer".

What gives?
-Jay-
Don Pelotas
QUOTE(jay1941 @ 5.01.2008 21:33) *
I just ordered the 3-license set, and after activating with the new code, it shows up as only for "commercial for 2 computer".

What gives?
-Jay-

If you believe a mistake has been made then contact support:http://support.kaspersky.ru/helpdesk.html?LANG=en
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.