Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Kaspersky PURE 3.0 blocking Eclipse Kepler on Windows 8 x64
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky PURE
st1led
Hi everybody, I'm using Kaspersky PURE 3.0 13.0.2.558 on Windows 8 x64 and I guess I just bumped into the same problem I had with Kaspersky Pure blocking Java (http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=267128). This time, it looks like Kaspersky is blocking Eclipse Kepler (the famous Java IDE). Specifically, I cannot manage to run the updates checker and the "Install new software" functionality to access repositories, even if the internal web browser works just fine. Even adding the eclipse.exe file as a Trusted Application and enabling the option "Do not scan network traffic" (as long as the other 4 options) doesn't work. To run the updates and install plugins from the repositories, the only way is to manually pause the Kaspersky Protection.

Has any of you managed to make Eclipse work with Kaspersky Pure 3?

Regards,
Stefano
richbuff
Patch B for PURE 3.0 should be coming soon, in a matter of a few days. Please insure databases are updated daily, with a daily reboot, then right click the red k tray icon > click About. When the patch b appears, please check the issue and post back.
st1led
QUOTE(richbuff @ 9.07.2013 22:15) *
Patch B for PURE 3.0 should be coming soon, in a matter of a few days. Please insure databases are updated daily, with a daily reboot, then right click the red k tray icon > click About. When the patch b appears, please check the issue and post back.

Final update: it looks like patch B rolled out yesterday, and my Kaspersky successfully updated. As expected, this fixed the problems that I had both with Eclipse Kepler and with Java!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.